Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:06 AM   #16  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Weigh In

Hey everyone,
WI today and was up a pound - but I kinda expected it...it's TOM and (speaking of poop) I had the 2oz of cheese for breakfast Thursday AM and didn't go to the bathroom all day. So I figure between the two I must have had an extra pound hanging around. Lesson learned though - no more 2oz cheese breakfast for me!

Not sure if anyone else does this...or if it might help encourage someone else, but I decided for every 10lbs I lose I'm going to take a picture of me both side view and front. I took a picture my first day of pre-conditioning and the day I lost 10lbs - can already tell a difference in my face and side view. Yayyyy! I'm going to post them in my room to keep me encouraged.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 AM   #17  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Thanks meemo, jeweliek, and goal4life for your quotes and inspiration!

I WI and had measurements Friday. I lost 3.5 pounds this week and 10.5 inches for the month for a grand total of 128.5 pounds and 120.25 inches!!! I started the program with 42% Body Fat and now I'm down to 24%.

I wanted to say something about the things some of your husbands have said, but I know better. So I will just nod and smile.

The following is a testimonial from one of the clients at my center (not me). I know it's kinda long, but it is sooo good; especially for the newbies.

On more than one occasion in my life and even today, I have used and continue to use professional help to solve both personal and professional problems I encounter. These professionals include Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, Accountants, as well as friends of mine that I have met over the years working in the same profession that I do. An old Chinese proverb states, "Behind an able man there are always other able men." The truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great achievement. The question isn't whether teams have value. The question is whether we acknowledge that fact and become a team player. I consider the staff and the program at Metabolic Research Center members of my weight loss team. We are working toward a common goal. They have the program and the knowledge to help guide me towards my goal. It is my responsibility to establish the goal and commit to executing the program that they give me. Together we check my progress toward accomplishing the goal and make any necessary adjustments. If you want to reach your potential or strive for the seemingly impossible, you need to become a team player. Individuals play the game, but teams win championships.
An issue that always comes up when you are looking to engage professional help is the cost. This often becomes an easy excuse to not take the step of hiring professional people to help with your problem. The Metabolic program costs money. That is true. However, if one takes a step back and honestly totals the failed investments they have made in diet books, exercise equipment, memberships to gyms and other individual approaches to weight loss, you quickly discover that you have spent more than enough to pay for your program. Also, there is the money spent on poor nutrition choices that you will no longer be spending. Finally, there is value in investing in you. Most people think it is their responsibility to pay their mortgage, utility bill, doctor bill and all the rest but they never consider paying themselves. My advice is to pay you first. Put yourself at the top of the list and assign a clear value to your health and long term welfare. The avoided costs of poor health and managing physical problems associated with excess body weight can be staggering.
Fear of failing, failing again and the potential to fail are also strong deterrents to beginning a weight loss program. Success doesn't mean avoiding failure. All of us fail. As we travel, we all hit potholes, take wrong turns, or forget to check the radiator. The only person who avoids failure altogether is the person who never leaves the driveway. So the real issue is not whether you're going to fail. It's whether you're going to fail successfully (profiting from your failure). This is when your Metabolic Team is most important. You will hit plateaus on your weight loss journey. You will be frustrated when progress slows. This is when your teammates can offer encouragement, changes you can make in your program and review of your food diary for conflicts. Having this support system will give you the necessary tools to get you back on track toward your goal.
Finally, I think everyone needs some thoughts to hang on to when times get tough. Here are some that work for me:

Let others have their feelings. What truly matters is what you think.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Faith: Faith is hanging on when everything around you tells you to let go.
Faith: Faith is letting go when everything around you tells you to hang on.
So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be. Keep believing in yourself.

From a 70 Pound Loser

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 02-16-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #18  
Tim

S/C/G: 381.8/353.2/236

Height: 6'0"

Default 6.8 pounds down after pre-conditioning!!!

I went in last night for my food class and I was so excited that I had lost 6.8 pounds just in the pre-conditioning week. It is encourgaging to see all of the successes posted and to know that there are a few others just starting out.

By reading the posts it appears that I may be a little more conservative than most with the suppliments. They tried to sell me a lot, but have not been too fourceful. I have purchased my HNS and that is all from the center. I am taking my mutli, but I am wondering is the flax truely necessary? Other than that as long as I feel okay and the weight move in the correct direction, I just assume not to take any of the suppliments.

I'm not sure if it is good/bad but I received the white meta-slim level 5 menu. What do the different colored menus meen? I'm not wasting anytime so I am starting this morning.

Good luck to everyone and keep posting; it is so encouraging.

Tim
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #19  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

donuts WOW! Thanks for posting that persons testomonial... I was moved to tears!!! You posted it at the right time for me. I am going to copy it & carry it with me as inspiration. You may not be able to post often, but when you do you always inspire me with something!! Thank you!!!

Tim The color menu has to do with how much you weigh & what you need to lose. Once you get under a certain weight then they will give you another color menu that has different ounces of protein on it, or even a few slightly different food items on it. And I agree with you = as long as your scale is moving in the right direction & you don't want to take pills then don't. Although, flax & coq10 are good for lowering choleserol as well. Most everything they sell can be bought at other less expensive places, (just in case you want to check them out).

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

Last edited by losingweightnow; 02-16-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #20  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Down 4 lbs this week at WI. I think it's the most I've lost in a regular (non-preconditioning) week.

Last edited by MSTeacher; 02-16-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Thanks Donuts that was very good timing for me as well! Seeing the comment on cheese also gives me hope that if I switch it up I will see better results. I always remember someone's quote on here that says "If you think this is restrictive, think about restrictive being overweight is" (something like that). This is so true.. Ever walk through a restaurant to be seated or to go to the restroom and feel like you can't fit without bumping into people. This is probably the thing that bothers me the most. I want to be less "wide". Thanks for all of the encouragement. I think I just have some minor kinks to work out!!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #22  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

I just love all the support on here! It's so encouraging to see these wonderful testimonials, hear that I'm not the only one going through this process and knowing that I CAN do this!!!

I started my beige menu today and just ate breakfast. I am stuffed! I was full after my HNS and fiber but still ate my two eggs and slice of toast. I can see that I am going to have to get up a lot earlier in the mornings so I have time to make sure I have all my food/drinks/pills!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #23  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I just love all the support on here! It's so encouraging to see these wonderful testimonials, hear that I'm not the only one going through this process and knowing that I CAN do this!!!

I started my beige menu today and just ate breakfast. I am stuffed! I was full after my HNS and fiber but still ate my two eggs and slice of toast. I can see that I am going to have to get up a lot earlier in the mornings so I have time to make sure I have all my food/drinks/pills!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Keep in mind that you can have the fiber in between meals as a "snack" as well. You can have up to 3 a day and they are considered "free". If you were on the full side when having it with breakfast today, then save it tomorrow for a mid morning snack. The fiber really helped me through many mid afternoon cravings & hungry moments.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #24  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Wow! DoNuts that was so inspirational. It is so great to be able to hear and read about successes and others' feelings about this journey.

Humblebee: I think your picture idea is great! I love it!

About the breakfast problem that someone posted...The MRC bars work for me. I teach school and have to be at work at 7:15 so they are so easy to grab. I can eat those at least 3 times a week. Since there are 7 bars, you only have to buy them every two weeks. The other two working days I will do the cheese. When I am home on the weekend I do an egg and melt cheese on a 1/2 a tortilla.

I hope everyone has a great "LOSING" week!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I am taking my mutli, but I am wondering is the flax truely necessary? Other than that as long as I feel okay and the weight move in the correct direction, I just assume not to take any of the suppliments.
Tim
Tim,
I found that I needed flax. Because we cut soooo much fat, my skin started to dry out and itch. When I added the flax seed oil in, I am much better. I don't itch all over. It is sooo worth it to me.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I WI and had measurements Friday. I lost 3.5 pounds this week and 10.5 inches for the month for a grand total of 128.5 pounds and 120.25 inches!!! I started the program with 42% Body Fat and now I'm down to 24%.
Congrats! You have taken a whole person off yourself. It must be nice not having that monkey on your back!

Quote:
I wanted to say something about the things some of your husbands have said, but I know better. So I will just nod and smile.
Such a smart man. LOL!

Quote:
The following is a testimonial from one of the clients at my center (not me). I know it's kinda long, but it is sooo good; especially for the newbies.
This testimonial is amazing. It makes you feel so good about being a part of a team. I always think of the center as my purchased support. With me over a thousand miles from my family; I needed to find support.

I also found another quote for you......it is a poster in one of the mags I get, but I now hang it on the door in my bedroom so I see it every morning.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Henry Ford
Old 02-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hi all! Down 4 lbs this week at WI. I think it's the most I've lost in a regular (non-preconditioning) week.
WONDERFUL! and even with those cheerleaders and their chocolate. You are doing GREAT!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #28  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Height: 5'7"

FYI I asked my center the other day about Fiberfill and they said that you have to have it with a meal so that it has food to "stick to" to take out of the body. Having it in between supposedly does not help?

So today is day two back on track. It is really hard getting going again, but I am doing it. I know that it should get easier!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Splash O8: Everyone has given you some great advice and here is a piece that I hope helps you; I cheat from time to time. While not advocated and perhaps it doesn't work for everyone, every couple of weeks I go off plan. I will substitute a South Beach Pizza when my family is eating a Papa Murphy's...the other day I had a REAL brownie (I baked my hubby for Valentine's Day)...etc... I always go back to being on plan immediately after. I have never stalled in weight loss or gained weight back. As a matter of fact, in the past month I've lost 15lbs and 33 inches (and I have lost another pound in the past three days). So I guess what I am trying to say that while the plan is rigid, if you stray for a second - just make sure you go right back to the plan and you will continue to lose. No one is handing out letter grades, or will yell at you or be disappointed in you. In my experience the counselors will not dwell on your past decision, but encourage you to make future good ones.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #30  

Thanks everyone for the support! This is just totally different from any program I have ever been on. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement and listening to me freak out over this. I took a deep breath and started program today. I can honestly say I have not been hungry I had the cranberry/grape HNS and I have been drinking water like crazy. Tonight will be a test, we are going to a steak house with a friend so I am thinking about having fish with salad. I need to just keep reminding myself that I can do this!! Thanks for being there for me!
Closed Thread