Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #151  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
I weighed on my home scale this morning and I'm 259.4 on the morning of my 4th full day of preconditioning... so I seem to have lost 5 pounds... that's amazing! I'm jazzed!
That IS amazing! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I am off to wi, I will keep you all posted, crossing my fingers for a 2 pound loss
Good luck!! Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Thanks!! I may consider that because I really do like to weigh every day. I know we "shouldn't" but I kind feel like it keeps me in check. If I'm up it really makes me think about and evaluate my day. But anyway - I have no scale anymore - my husband hid it!!

I did WI yesterday and was down 1 - I know that's better than zero or a gain but still!!! I know - whine, whine, whine.. That's all I seem to do! But - I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!
I weigh every day at home too. And it can be frustrating. I was up two lbs yesterday morning then back to what I was on Monday this morning. I started my TOM yesterday so I hope that is part of it and that it will go back down tomorrow for my "official" weigh in.

I was a little bummed yesterday morning when I saw that initial gain, but then when I was getting dressed and my pants fit better, my attitude changed. I know that I am not always going to have a loss. But if I am sticking to the program (which I have) and doing everything I'm supposed to that I am going to be ok.

donuts - I LOVED your story. It really makes me feel like this whole thing IS doable. I want to have that "skinny girl" moment one of our other posters recently had. And when you talked about freedoms that come with being in control of the food (instead of the food being in control of you)... YES! Those are my motivators. Thank you so much for sharing your story! And congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #152  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Donuts: Perfectly said! That is awesome and very inspiring! I really enjoy what you have to say and it all makes so much sense. I do want to know one thing-- when the heck do you sleep?? You post early am and really late pm-- I am such and early riser, but you seem to be up all night! LOL

I made a choice last night, kind of out of desperation, kind of just because I wanted to -- anyway, I had Bunco night with the girls and for the last 4 months, I have eaten before I went. This time I did not have time because I had too much to do after work. So, I didn't get to eat. I just decided to deal with it - she served Turkey Tetrazzini and salad. I only had a little of the main dish and ate more salad, which had dressing, but I tried to get the part with less dressing. I am wondering what this will do to my trying to reach my goal by next week. I am now on week 3 of stabilization, I am adding dairy in starting today. I am not a big milk drinker. So, I put some skim milk in my coffee this morning and I am trying to choke down the rest of the cup. But, I am wondering if I could use that fat free creamer that I used to love at this time. Meemo-- do you know?? I will ask when I go in next week, but thought maybe you could help.

Have a great day everyone! We got a "cold day" today-- no school, no staff, that is what I like to hear. I will be under my blanket and enjoying the day off! Whoo hoo!
If you do well the rest of the week you'll probably be fine, especially if you drink some extra water today, but if not, you'll just repeat the week - it definitely took me longer than the minimum 6 weeks to get through (didn't help that my mom passed away during stabilization - not the best time to be trying to pass up the seriously awesome Southern food that people are shoving at you!). I play bunko too, so I know how hard it can be - some months are harder than others!
As far as the creamer - you know me, the one that was always pushing the envelope. If it's the International Delights kind of flavored creamer, you could try the fat free OR the sugar free, depending on how sugar affects you (I have sugar issues - too much makes me crave more & more). But usually those things are actually kinda dairy-free, so I'm sure MRC wouldn't count them. On the other hand, fat-free half & half might work for you. Yogurt (the Dannon Light & Fit) is pretty much my dairy of choice, I'm not a milk drinker either.
Enjoy your day off!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #153  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Thanks!! I may consider that because I really do like to weigh every day. I know we "shouldn't" but I kind feel like it keeps me in check. If I'm up it really makes me think about and evaluate my day. But anyway - I have no scale anymore - my husband hid it!!

I did WI yesterday and was down 1 - I know that's better than zero or a gain but still!!! I know - whine, whine, whine.. That's all I seem to do! But - I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!
I'm a weigh-every-day kinda gal myself - it's taught me a lot about the things that cause those daily weight fluctuations - some of them unexpected, like ibuprofen. It's proved to me how important it is to get in all my water. It's showed me how much restaurant food can affect me, even if it appears to be completely on-program.
One thing that will definitely affect your weigh-ins at MRC is the time of day you weigh in (try to keep it the same time of day as frequently as possible), and what you're wearing. I almost always weighed in in the morning - the couple of times I went after lunch I always showed a gain - not surprising since I had extra food & water still sloshing around in my belly! And jeans & a sweatshirt are gonna weigh more than a little cotton dress. When I started stabilization I realized it was getting to be jeans time, I made darned sure I got my initial weigh-in wearing jeans so I wouldn't have to repeat a week due to wardrobe/scale malfunction!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #154  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
It's the same with the HNS drinks I get from bodyandhealthessentials.com. Except for the wildberry, which is not the same with them or with the mydietshopz.com site. Obviously it's one company making the stuff for different diet companies, which is fine. And of course MRC wants you to buy theirs - that's why they're in business, to make money! Had I known about a cheaper source, tho, I'd probably have bought a lot more from that cheaper source when my contract was still active with MRC.
Thanks for the info. I compared almost all of the boxes except the basic fruit ones. I didn't realize the WildBerry is 30 more calories from the dietshopz. I will have to cut back. It may as well be a creamy.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #155  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

chopin, I know what you mean about steroids. I was on them for over 5 years and gained A LOT of weight. If I have to go on a low dose for a few days the hunger is crazy.

Well, I haven't checked in for a while STILL on medical hold. I am having daily low grade fevers with profuse sweating and chills. Nausea and weakness following. I will try to get into the doctor to see. I am afraid they will say it is "JUST" my fibromyalgia. The crackers is what kills me and not able to drink all of my water. Once I can drink all of my water and stay OP w/o crackers I will go back to MRC. I have been here before, but it has never lasted this long. I so wish I could be in with the rest of you. I have gained about 8 lbs since being on medical hold. My clothes do not fit well. I feel like trash. Sorry to sound so down. I am encouraged by reading your posts. Please keep everyone informed about your progress. Some of us need to live vicariously through you for a while!

Congrats on all the loses! Welcome newbies!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #156  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Meemo~ so you think it is probably okay to go with the creamies from the website? I really want this to work, and don't want to mess up my chances of lossing weight. However, I am afraid if I don't have something sweet to fall back on, my chances of cheating are going to go up. I can stand to watch my family eating cake, cookies or icecream if I know that I have something chocolate-y for myself. Otherwise, I think I will be more inclined to have "just a few bites" of what they are eating. AHHH!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #157  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in.

Donuts..what a great story. I have to finish reading it!

I'm sorry I don't see your name at the moment, but whoever went on the cruise and lost 5 lbs!! You rock! That is so great!

As for MRC6 and Corti-Trim. I'd love advice on that also. I bought my flax, B-6, B-12 & Multis @ the center (package deal for my first purchase) and I got some Hoodia @ Wal-Mart. However, does the other stuff really work well?? Like will I see results in my belly area quicker?

I'm on day 3 of the yellow menu and will weigh in tomorrow. I'm doing well and am very happy with my stick to it attitude this time.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement on here. It helps us newbies immensely.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #158  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Donuts: You are truly an inspiration to us all. I am going to make my husband read your story. The part about the way food can control your life is real "brain food". I also love the "stinkin' thinkin'" and the "shrinkin' thinkin'" saying. I lol on that one. (The name is I educate them--teacher by trade....lol)

Congrats to all of the losing going on this week. It is awesome!
I love reading all of the stories and successes. I don't think anyone on here is a failure because we are all working hard to change our life.

I went for wi this morning and was down 4.5 pounds. Granted I usually weigh in the afternoon but I am going to take the 4.5 and it will all level out next week. Anyway, thought I would share the great news. My center even wants to put me in the newspaper. I'm not sure about that but...I'll think about it.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #159  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I understand how you feel! I only lost one yesterday at my wi. I was hoping for a higher number, but I know that any loss is a good loss! I am having to give myself a "pep" talk to keep positive about all of this. Last night, my husband, in a not-so-wise moment, made the following comment. "Boy, I don't know how much weight my mom lost (she is using Nutrisystem), but she sure looks good. She is working so hard at it. (Pause)Oh, yeah, you are doing good, too." Well, gee, thanks for the thoughtful input honey! Good grief! I am still trying not to be irritated at him today, only because it is his birthday!
My second favorite motto... Boys are stupid.

And congrats on the 1 lbs loss!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #160  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Donuts.....what a wonderful story on about your weight loss journey!

Congrats to everyone on their awesome weight losses!!!!!!!

I WI on my home scale this morning and have become a little discouraged. I have been taking predisone for 4 days for my ears and have only noticed the scale moving up. Every since my mishap on Sunday I have eaten 100% OP, so I am thinking that the steriod is having to do something with it. This makes me not want to WI this week since I have a hard time dealing with weight gains. Oh well we will have to see what Friday morning brings.

Have a Good Day Everyone and Good Luck with the WI's!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #161  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Well, I did it, I lost the 2 pounds that I was hoping for! Yeaaa, it feels so good to set the small goals for myself and to make them.

To those of you asking about the extra supplements (hoodia, corti, mrc 6, etc) Find what works for you. Some of us take a lot of different supplements, for me, I try to stick to the minimal side of it all. I want this program to work through the food and protein drinks verses extra things that I may or may not need. I stick with a good multi-vitamin with extra calcium and vitamin D, the b -complex vitamins, and flax.
Personally, I think this program is Great!, if you are using the knowledge MRC gives us about food, and then incorporating cardio and weight training exercises in your daily life, then I think you will see great results on your body. In my opinion, no vitamin/pill is going to shrink you Exercise and proper food is really what does it. The hoodia does work on some as an appetite suppresent, but for me, I didn't notice a huge difference from when I was taking to when I stopped taking it.
I have noticed, that I have NO cravings what so ever now. I think it is due to the fact, that I have not indulged in anything that was not on plan since I began MRC in October. I can sit in a room full of food, and not touch one thing (which I could never do before, if it was there, I was eating). I can bake for the kids, and not lick or taste anything also. I just have no desire for any of it. Somewhere in my mind, it clicked, that, that food is just not what my body needs, it got me to 275, and MRC has gotten me to 213 in just 4 1/2 months (still more to go, but the light at the end of the weightloss road is visible now), so they must know what they are talking about. LOL
Truth is, I actually get disgusted when I see my family gorging on what seems to be to much food for them, but I have to bite my tongue, it isn't preaching that they need from me, I think as they see more of my results, they too are interested in changing.
Ok, off the soapbox LOL.
Hope everyone is having a great day! Back to work for me.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #162  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Donuts.....what a wonderful story on about your weight loss journey!

Congrats to everyone on their awesome weight losses!!!!!!!

I WI on my home scale this morning and have become a little discouraged. I have been taking predisone for 4 days for my ears and have only noticed the scale moving up. Every since my mishap on Sunday I have eaten 100% OP, so I am thinking that the steriod is having to do something with it. This makes me not want to WI this week since I have a hard time dealing with weight gains. Oh well we will have to see what Friday morning brings.

Have a Good Day Everyone and Good Luck with the WI's!!!!!!
Kristi... Prednisone will make you gain (retain water weight), I am sure that this is what is causing it. My aunt took it and blew up like a balloon for 2 weeks. Then she went back to her regular weight. I think sometimes Dr's put you on a waterpill when you take prednisone also (you might want to check that out with your Dr). Don't get discouraged. If you are going to be on the steroid for longer than 7 days, check with your center about medical holding for the time that you are on it. If not, then keep up your great work staying on plan, you will be sure to see results after you get them out of your system.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-20-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #163  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
chopin, I know what you mean about steroids. I was on them for over 5 years and gained A LOT of weight. If I have to go on a low dose for a few days the hunger is crazy.

Congrats on all the loses! Welcome newbies!
Oreo..your still with us! Yeah, I love to see familar "faces". I know it is hard, when you know what you have to do to lose, and you can't because of medical reason. Hang in there, this to shall pass, and you can be right back on track. :
Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #164  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxncandy View Post
Thanks for the info. I compared almost all of the boxes except the basic fruit ones. I didn't realize the WildBerry is 30 more calories from the dietshopz. I will have to cut back. It may as well be a creamy.
Yep - the site I order from actually calls it a "meal replacement" - not at 100 calories it ain't (not for me anyway) but it does make a nice base for a smoothie.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #165  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Meemo~ so you think it is probably okay to go with the creamies from the website? I really want this to work, and don't want to mess up my chances of lossing weight. However, I am afraid if I don't have something sweet to fall back on, my chances of cheating are going to go up. I can stand to watch my family eating cake, cookies or icecream if I know that I have something chocolate-y for myself. Otherwise, I think I will be more inclined to have "just a few bites" of what they are eating. AHHH!
Honestly I never did too many creamies myself - the hot cocoa & the chocolate mini-crisps mostly. But I'd think the ones on the website are the same as the MRC ones (someone who's ordered both would have a better idea, tho - I just don't have anything to really compare them too other than the hot cocoa, which seems to be the same). Sorry I can't be more help!
Closed Thread