Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #271  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowicedeb View Post
No there not ask the staff at the center they will tell you they are not.
It really must depend on the center that you go to as mine says they are! In fact, mine doesn't even sell salad dressings anymore as no one liked them so they have to recommend some kind to buy. They say use Walden Farms or the dressing spritzers.
I was using MRC in 2003 and Walden Farms dressings had just started appearing at Publix and they OK'ed them way back then.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #272  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowicedeb View Post
No there not ask the staff at the center they will tell you they are not.
I think all centers are a bit different, b/c mine says ok to the walden farms dressings, but not all of them, certain ones are a no, but most of the ones I have asked about are fine.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #273  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I wi in again today, hoping for 1 pound, according to my home scale. I just wi'd in on Wednesday, so that is a good number for me to shoot for.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #274  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I went this morning for moral support. I lost another 2 lbs. WOOHOO!!! I got to sign the 10 lb board. I'm so psyched. Of course I haven't even eaten breakfast and my dh is cooking lunch now. UGH. I gotta get back on track with my schedule.

I bought some of the dressings. I'm excited to try them.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #275  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! WI today and down 2. I think it's really 3 (according to my home scale) and I had on jeans (yes, stupid I know) but I'm still ok with it After losing 4 last week, I knew there was the possibility that I'd lose less today.

I'm really struggling to eat breakfast in the mornings. REALLY struggling. As in, the thought of cheese toast gives me the dry heaves. I skipped breakfast more mornings than not this week. I knew better, but I did it anyway. That could also be contributing to the 2 instead of 3. Anyway, just checking in with everyone. This is the 3rd week in a row they have not had pink lemonade and I'm getting irate!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #276  
This is the Last Time!

MSTeacher..

Sorry about the pink lemonade, ours was out of grape today and I guess that's popular. However, I'm happy for your 2lb loss. You HAVE to eat breakfast! I know, who am I to talk. I'm having a hard time with lunch. I really like breakfast, so that's easier for me. Lunch on the other hand... I hope you're able to get back on track with the breakfast thing. Today I had lunch and breakfast together b/c I didn't eat until around 12:30. I still have yet to get my 2nd HNS in.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #277  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

MSTeacher: I struggle with breakfast as well. Someone in my center turned me on to a breakfast shake (it may be in the cookbook, I haven't looked for it there). Put in the blender: 8 oz cold water, 6 oz cottage cheese, 1 packet strawberry & banana gelatin and few drops of strawberry extract. You can also add artificial sweetener if you want it sweeter. Blend until smooth. That & your bread choice makes your breakfast.

You can also make the shake as a lunch option and add strawberries into the blender mix for your fruit. I have that sometimes with a salad or just raw veggies for lunch.

rockijames: Glad you got some of the dressing--want to hear if you like it better!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #278  
This is the Last Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
rockijames: Glad you got some of the dressing--want to hear if you like it better!
I had the creamy bacon for lunch w/my salad and it was pretty good. However, I wasn't really sure how much I could use and probably ended up using too much. Oh, well. I'll measure next time. It's something different at least.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #279  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

I'm still here! Love has made me less consistent in keeping my food journal and in remembering all of the supplements, but I'm still losing. and I'll take being in love any day of the week! I miss you guys, so I'll check in a bit more.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #280  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Midday on Day 1 of the real menu

Hi I just needed to stop in and post again. Sorry, I'm just really needy right now. I'm hungry and shaky, and I have a caffeine withdrawal headache. Just took a little excedrin because it has caffeine in it, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I'm gulping my water down in the hopes that it will help, on weekends its harder to get it in - at work I have a bottle on my desk and I'm right there. I know this will get better, I feel really yucky....

On the other hand, I went in to the center this morning just for practice and my official loss since I signed up this time last week is 4.5 pounds by their scales!!! I'm psyched about that. And, she took my BP and it was 128/76 which is MUCH lower than usual.

I'm trying to focus on that since I feel so shaky and I have things that must get done (the movers WILL show up Thursday morning, I MUST get through my office!)

Thanks for being there, you guys, I am so grateful for this board.

-miri
Old 02-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #281  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I did my wi today, and officially lost 1 more pound.
Woohoo! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #282  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Hi All! I just got back from WI and I was down 2 lbs for a total of 10.5 pounds in 13 days!!! I got to sign the 10 pound board. I am so excited. Just wanted to share. Congrats to all who are weighing in this weekend.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #283  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxncandy View Post
WOW.. Is your pic current. I would have guessed you were 30s. Since you are on Maintenance do you still go to the center? Are you through the stabilization menus? Or or you eating on the green menu to lose your last few? I know the closer you get to your goal the harder it gets.
Oh bless your heart - I took the avatar pic sometime last summer or fall sitting at the computer. The after pic in my profile was Aug 2006 and I'm about 8 lbs up from where I was then - and my marriage was in its 30's - that was my 33rd wedding anniversary! (Thanks - now where do you want me to send the check! LOL)
I got through the stabilization menus between Oct & Dec 2006. What I'm working on losing now is what I gained mainly the past 3 months or so - I was up a little, then a little more. Not good. But I have the tools to do it, just need to get it done!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #284  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

You guys are kicking butt!!! I'm so impressed with everyone!! I just wanted to say hi, I've been reading everyone's posts, but since I'm still fairly new, I don't always know what to say! You all are such fountains of knowledge, that sometimes I have to go back and re-read!!

So what do you guys do when you are craving so badly that you can't turn away? I've spent the last 24 hours in a hospital with a friend who was in for a kidney stone. I think it's PMS time, so today while she was down for her procedure, I took her son to get some food. I ate a proper lunch (including HNS and supplements!) but a couple hours later I started craving chocolate so bad that we actually went down to the gift shop and I bought some of those mini-reeses. I only had three and it made me feel kinda gross, so I was glad for that, but mad at myself for giving in! I used to work in the hospital and I ate whatever, whenever. So I wondered if that was part of it. And I KNOW that it was mostly PMS. Dang hormones! I'm a little worried knowing what you gals have been going through with your TOM. I will say that I had my first one during the first week of being OP, and it was not a normal one, it was LONG!! Like a full week vs. two days. So I don't know what to expect!!

And one more question, what is PCOS???

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #285  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
And one more question, what is PCOS???
Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

As for the cravings... I just fight them off. It's hard. I need to talk to my center and ask them about that along with what exactly I need to do when I don't have time to eat.

For example today... Got up and had breakfast at 9am. Drank my 10am HNS on the way to the hairdresser. Got to the hairdresser and was told it would be about 45 more minutes before she could get started so I went to a friends garage sale and then went back. She realized she was out of color so had to go get some more. We didn't get started on my hair until about noon. It takes forever to have my hair foiled because I have so much. So long story short, I didn't leave there until nearly 4pm and I still needed to go by the grocery store. It was almost 5:30pm by the time I got home and I still hadn't eaten anything.

I just cooked dinner and ended up skipping lunch all together. This is why I'm freakin' plateaued already. I weighed this morning and was exactly the same as I was yesterday, which is exactly where I was on Monday.

*sigh* Hopefully tomorrow (and next week) will be better and I will actually eat 3 meals and all my HNS's.

Congrats on all the losses! Sounds like everyone had great weigh ins today.
Closed Thread