Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #301  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Meemo,
I love the idea of an "orange julius" with our HNS. What a great option for breakfast. I needed a new idea-I was getting a little bored with cheese and melba toast. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

mommato3: I just noticed on your ticker you've lost 10lbs already! Good job!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #303  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

ieduc8em and others missing pizza: At my food class Friday night, the manager mentioned that they had had a cooking class in the month of February and one of the things that they learned how to make OP was ... pizza and tiramisu, of all things. She confirmed that it was weight loss phase and not maintenance that we are talking here.

As soon as the March schedule comes out, I'm going to look and see what type of cuisine they will be teaching about next...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #304  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I ALWAYS carry a medicine case with my lunch and supper pills in my purse. I also always have Chocolate Crisp HNS in my purse. You can eat those anywhere even if you don't have a shake-able water bottle. BTW, these are great for surviving chocolate cravings!!!! The other always in the purse thing is a Meal Replacement bar (my fav is the vanilla wafers)

Other in your lunch box emergency kit ideas: Salad (although not easy if you are not sure where you may eat), turkey wrap....lay out a slice of turkey, put some shredded veggies inside and wrap to make a cigar, Chicken salad made with apple and the mayo from the recipe book to make a lettuce wrap, and any of the meal replacement bars.
Jeweliek, what great ideas! I have a lunch box that looks like a tote bag, I got it at target. It's made by Thermos brand. I hate the feeling of being the fat girl always toting her lunch box everywhere... so this just looks like the kind of thing one carries when ones purse is too small for all the junk we carry, LOL.

I've been on so many plans over the years, especially when I was doing Atkins last year, I never went anywhere without food. I love the idea of taking HNS and a shaker bottle. My bag can take blue ice, so I could carry cottage cheese or cooked chicken and a salad spritzer with me. My friends are used to offering me salad or vegetable and then having me add whatever weighed and measured thing I need with it (I can see this makes me sound like a nut, but...)

Especially since I went gluten free in November, having food I know is safe has become a total priority. My center has looked through all the supplements and HNS for gluten (and red 40, which I can't have either) and given me the rather limited list I can have. Oddly enough, the red40 was more limiting even that the wheat.

My manager showed me her EZY Dose Pill Pouches, which are tiny zip lock type bags for pills. Looks like Walgreens may carry them in this area, otherwise I'll order online. I have an organizer for pills, but it invariably opens into my purse and all the pills mix together. I'm looking forward to being able to go mobile successfully with my vitamins...

==
Goal4Life, I think you are right about all the centers being different, I read somewhere that they are independently owned and operated. This would mean that there are certain standards that must be adhered to, but other areas where the owners have individual decision points.

Thanks,
Miriam

Last edited by mirihawk; 02-24-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: more to say
Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #305  
Mommato3

Does anyone know if we can eat oatmeal without cooking it? I like to add uncooked oatmeal to things (like smoothies) for a different texture, and didn't know if that was permitted.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #306  

Hi friends .... I've been gone a couple weeks, my computer had to get sent back to HP to have some warranty work done, so I've missed a lot -- you're already 21 pages into a new Take X!! That is so awesome. And there are so many new people! Welcome. I don't think I can go back and read all of the old posts.

Update ... I've been OP since November (just finishing week 15) and am about 2/3 of the way to my personal goal and it feels great! I've finally found the program that works for me. (And I've tried them all -- many of them multiple times ) Make sure to use all of the benefits the centers offer and get your money's worth! The individual consultations and the attention to the WHOLE person have made a huge difference for me. Also, understanding the composition of your body makes a big difference. It takes the focus away from simply the number of pounds you weigh.

My weight loss has slowed down, but it doesn't discourage me at all. I still lose at least 1-1/2 # a week, and have lost 50-1/2 inches! WOO HOO I've earned some free weeks along the way so still have until June.

One word of caution (I learned the hard way ) ... be careful buying products off of E-Bay or from second parties (some who post here). I did that, and while I got genuine MRC products, they had expired in 2006. I still used them, but the tastes were stale and a little off. Just be careful.

Many have asked what people do about supplements. I took a lot at the beginning, but when that first month's ran out, I stopped. I take my vitamin, flax/fish/borage oil, MSM (for arthritis), and calcium. I buy them wherever they are cheapest. I feel so much better, these are what I took before I started MRC and were just fine for me. If I do buy things though, I do buy off of iherb (thanks Meemo). I have looked at the other sites for the HNS, but I still want my guarantee intact, so have not bought them yet. But I probably will down the line.

So I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack, and I'm so happy to see the continued success stories.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #307  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
ieduc8em and others missing pizza: At my food class Friday night, the manager mentioned that they had had a cooking class in the month of February and one of the things that they learned how to make OP was ... pizza and tiramisu, of all things. She confirmed that it was weight loss phase and not maintenance that we are talking here.

As soon as the March schedule comes out, I'm going to look and see what type of cuisine they will be teaching about next...
Can you post the tiramisu recipe? I would love something that tastes even remotely similar. I went to a mom's night out last night and had stuffed peppers. On program except the rice that was in the mixture. Then they brought out the tiramisu cake. I couldn't resist. I could smell it from across the room when they took the lid off. I was real disappointed in my self on the way home. 3 days of salads is what i am telling my self. On an up side I made the lemon poppy seed muffins this am. Delish, but the texture was weird. My muffins sank on top. Do they do this because of the cottage cheese? Or did I mix them too much in my blender?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #308  
Tim

S/C/G: 381.8/353.2/236

Height: 6'0"

Default Getting caught up...

Holy cow! I knew it was a few days since I had been on, but I read 12 pages to get caught up. I saw a mention of some lemon poppy muffins; where can I find the recipe for that?

As far as my own experience; I am now down 19.4 pounds with just 8 days on program and my preconditioning period. I am just so excited!

This has been the first program that has worked this well and I do not feel deprived at all. The hardest thing for me is the snaks, I get two a day and they are just becoming more and more difficult. I do not like cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs so that leaves 2 oz of cheese or 4 oz of protein. Two string cheese and 4 oz of turkey/chicken is getting boring. Any ideas?

My next weigh in is Tuesday and I am hoping for another couple pounds so that I can sign the 20 pound board. Good luck to everyone and have a great week!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #309  

Default Help on Supplements

Hi All,

I started 3 weeks ago and I am taking the All Day Supplements. I am curious if anyone else has and then stopped taking them. I also take the MR6, flax oil, multi-vit and the one to clean out your stomach lol. Forgot that name!

Seems like I take so many. Since they cost $75 I was thinking of not taking them this month to see if they really help to curve my appetite. What do you all think?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #310  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Regarding the pills. I went ahead and bought the MRC6 and Corti-Trim. I've been taking them for a few days. I bought Hoodia @ Wal-Mart for $13 and I bought some online for $7. It works well but I've only needed it once or twice I think. I figure the 2 months they say the pills will last will take me almost to the end of my program, so hopefully I won't need to buy more.

Good luck this week everyone.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #311  
Tim

S/C/G: 381.8/353.2/236

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeefree View Post
Hi All,

I started 3 weeks ago and I am taking the All Day Supplements. I am curious if anyone else has and then stopped taking them. I also take the MR6, flax oil, multi-vit and the one to clean out your stomach lol. Forgot that name!

Seems like I take so many. Since they cost $75 I was thinking of not taking them this month to see if they really help to curve my appetite. What do you all think?

Thanks
I'm not a big fan of the suppliments, but it seems for those that take them they like the results. The only thing that I take is my multi and flax, which I did not buy from the center. Every time I go in they keep drilling me to purchase suppliments. I am assuming that suppliment sales have a HUGE profit margin and that is really where they make their money. That's just my two cents; I kwow there are many out there that take them and like them so it really comes down to a personal decision.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I think you are right about that Tim; when I run out I will continue only with the vitamin and flax - and I need to find a cheaper source for those too. Between the HNS and those, this program is running pretty expensive for me...
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #313  
Mommato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im no Jabba View Post
mommato3: I just noticed on your ticker you've lost 10lbs already! Good job!
Thanks for noticing! It is so motivating to see weight loss and to have the great people here notice and appreciate the results!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #314  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxncandy View Post
Can you post the tiramisu recipe?
I wasn't at the class, the manager mentioned it. Ask your center to call Janice at Westminster, Colorado center and get you the recipe, I'm sure they'd be glad to.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #315  
I'm on my way...

Default Supplements and my contract

At my food class, they told us we have to take their multi and their flax as well as the HNS. Frankly, it annoyed me, I have a perfectly good multi at home that I like. I thought it was only the HNS that we are required to purchase?
Closed Thread