Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #256  

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone!
I had an OB exam on Monday and we checked for the heartbeat with a dopler...and couldn't find it. No big deal...the heart is the size of a pea right now and I do still have a solid layer of "me" in the way of the baby...so my Dr. decided to do an ultrasound to look for it. Well we saw a beautiful baby, moving around like crazy and saw that little heart beating. The heart rate was 153 beats per minute. I can't believe how much that baby was moving around. Kinda strange since I can't feel it moving yet. My mom told me today to count my blessings that I can't feel it yet...I kicked her so hard during her pregnancy that I left bruises on the outside of her ribs I hope you're all doing well!! It looks like you are.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #257  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

How exciting, Hvnly! Have you broke the news to the real world yet (versus our comfy cyber world ;-) ?? Glad to hear you are doing well!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #258  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hvnly..congrats on the baby and the exciting ultrasound. I have a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old (she's in my avatar). It's so amazing once you start feeling them move around.

Congrats to all the losers. I'm on the 1st day of blue. I want to weigh tomorrow again even though I weighed yesterday b/c the fiber fill is finally "working" . I had some issues with that before WI, so I'm sure I've lost some more. Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning just for fun and supportive words.

Salad dressing question...Someone mentioned they use Waldon Farms (I think that's right). I really don't like the MRC dressings. How did you find something comparable? Their dressing is only 12 calories and no fat. Any suggestions? For some reason the MRC stuff burns my lips. Weird, I know.

PLMK what you all think. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #259  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

You can check out the Walden Farms dressings on the website (waldenfarms.com)The dressings are according to their website: "CALORIE FREE - FAT FREE CHOLESTEROL FREE - SUGAR FREE-GLUTEN FREE"
I've been using the Balsamic & really like it, but looking at the website there are some others that my local supermarket doesn't seem to carry. I may have to see if they can get them as they sound tasty.

Last edited by Finz; 02-22-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #260  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
You can check out the Walden Farms dressings on the website (waldenfarms.com)The dressings are according to their website: "CALORIE FREE - FAT FREE CHOLESTEROL FREE - SUGAR FREE-GLUTEN FREE"
I've been using the Balsamic & really like it, but looking at the website there are some others that my local supermarket doesn't seem to carry. I may have to see if they can get them as they sound tasty.
Any one know if you can use the WF chocolate syrup? It is 0 cal, no carb, no fat. Sounds like it would be good on the Pancakes or muffins.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Default good advice - short and sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
It works ....
Follow the program, exercise, drink your water & it's almost fail-proof. Now get going!
Thanks for the response! I'll take your advice.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #262  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Salad dressing question...Someone mentioned they use Waldon Farms (I think that's right). I really don't like the MRC dressings. How did you find something comparable? Their dressing is only 12 calories and no fat. Any suggestions? For some reason the MRC stuff burns my lips. Weird, I know.

PLMK what you all think. Thanks.
Rocki,
go to Publix and look in the veggie section where the coolers are. You will find them usually on the top shelf. I like the Honey Dijon & Creamy Bacon. They have nothing in them except sodium...no fat, no sugar, no calories, no cholesterol, no gluten, no carbs. Looking at the bottle...Honey Dijon has 270mg of sodium per 2 Tbsp and Creamy Bacon has 160 mg per 2 Tbsp. I usually don't like salad dressings but I love both of these flavors - they are great. Sometimes I use the Creamy Bacon on chicken. They also have Thousand Island, Blue Cheese and others.

Warning though, they have some that are in the diet/diabetic section (non-refrig) and those are sugar free but they have other stuff in them.

Keep up the good work and good luck tomorrow!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Default Walden Farms

Regarding Walden Farms - tonight I stopped to grocery shop and saw, along the Walden salad dressings, seafood sauce and honey barbecue sauce - all the same - no calories, etc. Are the WF items legal at MRC?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #264  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestChick View Post
Regarding Walden Farms - tonight I stopped to grocery shop and saw, along the Walden salad dressings, seafood sauce and honey barbecue sauce - all the same - no calories, etc. Are the WF items legal at MRC?
My center told me we could use the dressings. I just could not take any of the MRC dressings. I ended up and made my own from EEVO, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, mustard and parmasean cheese. I didn't ask about the other WF products.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Sam: I am so glad to hear that you are doing great and got to see the wee one. Take care and keep us posted.

Congrats to everyone losing. I start stabilization next week. I am excited. I still love reading all the posts. Thanks to all of you.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #266  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all for the salad dressing info. WOW. I didn't know there was dressing out there that had Zero everything (other than sodium). That is awesome. I love honey dijon and creamy bacon, so I can't tell you how excited I am about going to Publix tomorrow to get them. I know, it's sad, salad dressing getting me all excited. Anything to help me choke down that 8oz salad. I'm really getting used to it, but better dressing woudl help.

I'm seriously happy and satisfied with this diet. I don't feel hungry or deprived and I'm so glad I found this forum as well. I think it's also a "mental" thing. Like I've finally told myself that "THIS IS IT, YOU WILL STICK TO IT THIS TIME!". KWIM?? My dh even told me that my belly felt flat tonight. How sweet! I told him it will get WAY flatter! I can't wait. I'm ready to book a cruise so I can wear a two piece out in public again!

Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by Rocki; 02-22-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #267  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

It's been a busy week at work (and after) so I haven't had a lot of time to post but I wanted to say how excited for all the wonderful progress everyone made this week! Sounds like we had some great losses. That's just awesome.

I will have to check out those dressings from Waldon Farms. Sounds tasty. Did anyone notice if they have a tarter sauce? I love tarter sauce on my fish so that would be awesome if they did (and it's legal).

Lizzie - You know I'll be your moral support. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you need some encouragement. You can do this!! Keep your focus and always do your best to plan ahead (so you don't end up like me at the office without your HNS's).

Oh! Personal little victory tonight... My husband wanted to order a pizza and watch movies tonight so I ordered him a pizza and cooked myself some chicken (added last nights leftover pork loin to make it an even 6 oz worth) and veggies. I didn't even sniff at the pizza and there are still leftovers (which I am chunking instead of putting in the fridge). Whoohoo!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know they can be tough be we can all get through it!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 AM   #268  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestChick View Post
No there not ask the staff at the center they will tell you they are not.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #269  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

At my food instruction last night, she said that things are changing all the time - in fact, those Wishbone or whoever spritzer salad dressings are legal now. My local grocery store has them, so I'm going to try them.

I also bought the red wine as part of my starter pack, so we'll see how that goes for me. I love the fact that they are individual packs, that's what I loved about my Walden Farms... we don't have Walden Farms here, so she wasn't familiar with them. I can't imagine that an all 0 dressing wouldn't be legal though. I was thinking of printing the facts off the website and bringing them in.

Anyway, I've had my Day#1 breakfast off my sheet, including my HNS and all my supplements, and I'm sooo full. I'm still detoxing from caffeine, we'll see... no more coffee but if I need a caffeinated tea I will have one. (No more coffee because I drink it with milk, which is noticeably missing from my diet sheet! LOL)

I had had an enormous bottle of water in the car on the way to class and I was up a pound from midweek (I'm thinking it was.. the water plus my blue jeans!) Plus I'd had a really stressful afternoon and my BP was 15 points higher than the last time they had measured. I'm tempted to go in for a wi today to see if my BP is lower.

My home scale says I've lost yet another pound. I'm very happy at the moment.

Oddly enough, the HNS that are wheat free and red 40 free all have aspartame, so I am trying them. They seem fine, not too sweet and I don't taste an aftertaste so I'm just hoping for the best.

===

Thanks to everyone who posted, I've been reading along steadily. Just not all that good at commenting back to each person.

-miri

Last edited by mirihawk; 02-23-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #270  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Angierue: I would definitely count giving up pizza as a VICTORY! You go girl. Those seemingly little victories all add up to pounds and inches LOST!
Closed Thread