Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #91  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Smile Just Starting Out

Hi. I have really enjoyed reading all of your post for the past couple of days. I just had my consultation yesterday. I talked it over with my husband last night and he thinks it is a good idea for me to get started. I will start this coming Monday. I have friend who lost 25 lbs. last year on MRC and I just can't wait to get started. The lady at the center told me I could be at my goal weight in 4 months. I need to lose 45 lbs. Do you think that is reachable? My #1 question is, do I really need the enhancers? Has anyone done it without them? I could use all the advice you have. Anyone!!!
Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #92  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

mirihawk~I, too, was very concerned about the aspertame. I am allergic to it, and therefore cannot drink things like Diet Coke, or eat any of the sugar-free things like pudding, jello, etc. It makes it very hard to diet, because there are very few options out there that can satisfy that sweet craving. I am using the HNS concentrates, and they are not bothering me. I am having to get used to the taste, but other than that they are not causing any problems. Unfortunately, MRC did not have any chocolate supplements that did not contain aspertame. Chocolate is my thing, so I am having a hard time adjusting to life without! If you find anything chocolate without aspertame, PLEASE let me know!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

zackzmom: You can do it! I started the very end of Sept. and I have lost 49 pounds. That is about 4 1/2 months, I think.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #94  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Hi. I have really enjoyed reading all of your post for the past couple of days. I just had my consultation yesterday. I talked it over with my husband last night and he thinks it is a good idea for me to get started. I will start this coming Monday. I have friend who lost 25 lbs. last year on MRC and I just can't wait to get started. The lady at the center told me I could be at my goal weight in 4 months. I need to lose 45 lbs. Do you think that is reachable? My #1 question is, do I really need the enhancers? Has anyone done it without them? I could use all the advice you have. Anyone!!!
Thanks.
Which enhancers are you talking about?
Yes you have to use the HNS drinks, the minimum required according to your menu. You have to buy those from MRC according to my contract.
You will want to use a good multi-vitamin, flax seed vitamins, and I personally choose to use a b6/b12/folic combo vitamin. None of the supplements/vitamins are required to be bought from MRC. A lot of us on here buy our supplements and vitamins elsewhere.
Yes you can lose 45 pounds in 4 months, I have lost 60 pounds in 4 1/2 months. I have averaged 3.65 pounds each week.
I am a firm believer in MRC, it really works, follow the menus given to you, and try try try not to slip up, as many of the wonderful ladies on here will tell you, if you slip, it makes it that much harder to detox your body again. I have gone since October 22nd (through all of the major holidays), and not had 1 slip, and I truly think that is what has helped me keep up a fast weight loss. When I joined MRC, I made a promise to myself, that this was going to be a life change for me, and I was not going to cheat myself this time. So I am following the menus to a tee, and doing moderate workouts 5 days a week. This is not a temporary change for me, rather a new way of looking at food, life, and health. Hey, my old way got me to 275 pounds! So, I was ready for a new way of doing things.
There will be some weeks that are slower than others, and sometimes, you will plataeu, but if you keep at it, you will lose.
Welcome!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #95  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

zackzmom - I have only taken the flax oil, which I purchase at Wal-Mart for half the price, an a multi-vitamin which I also purchase on my own. My center has never pressured me into buying any of the enhancer's. They just explained them to me when I first joined. I think you can totally loose without relying on the use of pills, but that is just my two cents. Hope this helps you out and WELCOME!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #96  
Kristi M.

Well I have to report my ears are better and my grandma is no longer disoriented, so yesterday was a great day. I went to see Bon Jovi last night and had a blast. I did not get to work out though last night, obviously, so I am looking forward to working out tonight. Hopefully it will help offset the philly steak mishap that I had Sunday night. Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #97  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

I know I shouldn't but I weigh every morning at home. I was up 2 lbs from yesterday this morning. Grrrrrrr! I know it's because of TOM (started today) but still... I've been seeing constant decreases so it was a bit disappointing. However! When I put my pants on this morning, I did the usual "suck in and pull' to reach the button only to realize that I didn't actually NEED to suck in. These pants are fitting beautifully and they've been feeling a little snug last few times I wore them.

I think part of my gain might also have come from the fact that I wasn't able to eat dinner until 10pm last night. I stayed OP even though all the gods were conspiring against me (see my blog) but I just don't think I had time to digest everything overnight.

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck on any WI's!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #98  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Enhancers

I did not feel pressured to buy the enhancers, but I do want the very vest results that I can get. They were telling me about Hoodia, MRC-6,CT, and ADWL. The MRC-6 and the CT were supposed to help loose inches around the midsection. But they cost about $90 a month. Has anyone tried these?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #99  
Kristi M.

I tried the MRC-6, ADWL, and the metabolic enhancer and did not notice any speedier weight loss. This is just my personal experience though. The only supplements that I use are the HNS drinks, which are required. You could always try them for one month and then just not repurchase them if you are not satisfied with them. I am sure there are a lot of people on here that at one time or another have been on each of these supplements so I am sure that you will get a lot of feedback to aide in your decision.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

gottagetfit: I bought a scale similar to the one at MRC; it shows BF, MW, WW, BMI and calories. They sell them at Target. I noticed that if the lbs. don't move, the numbers in the other categories do. Maybe you should get one of these so you don't get discouraged?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

zackzmom: I take MRC6, CT, and the Enhancer. I don't know if there is a placebo effect here, but in my mind it helps. I think I would lose weight either way, but this helps it a long at a faster pace(?) When I run out of this batch though I am definately just sticking to the HNS, Flax, and Multi...it's getting expensive.
P.S. I noticed that if I drink more plain water and max out on my HNS I consistently lose inches and pounds.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #102  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Im no Jabba ~ so the more HNS you drink, the faster you lose weight? Hmmm. I didn't realize that it worked that way. How many do you drink a day, if you don't mind my asking? BTW, I'm with you about the whole placebo effect; in my mind it seems to help!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #103  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy913 View Post
I WI today and am UP .5 POUND! UGH! What is the problem? I stayed OP perfectly. UGH!!

I even went out yesterday and bought a new shirt (well 3 new shirts) because I am going to a concert and I wanted a new shirt. (Going to see Rascall Flatts on Thursday, Woo Hoo!) I felt great. Everything was fitting better and I was sure I was going to step on that scale today and sign the 10 lb board. But NO, I went backwards. They said "Maybe it's a plateau" but I gained, I didn't "plateau". UGH, again.

Sorry, I just needed to vent! Thanks to all for listening. (Well, reading really)

Hey!! I am going to that concert on Friday night in Jacksonville! I am soooo excited about it! And...ahem...I'm taking an ex... I, too, bought a new outfit...
Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #104  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Red face

Hello everyone! You all are so inspiring. I was OP in Apr 05 and did great. Lost my weight. This program works great! Then in 06 got pregnant... I have actually gained since I had the baby in Apr. 10lbs. My service senter I went to before is so far away. I have found the drinks on line and have all my old menus. I am attempting to do this on my own. I too needed the strict plan and someone to tell me what to eat (or not eat) to stay on track. I needed that accountability. I am trying this for 30 days, to see how I do on my own. Before I consider the drive and cost. I love the inspiration from all of you, and hope you all won't cast me away since I am not visiting a center. I am OP day 6. Yeah to get past yellow. I did have one question about tomatos. Did they add tomatos to the Blue or yellow menu? I saw many posts encouraging cukes and tomatos for salad weight, but according to my menus I can't have tomatos until day 11 on the green menu (my menus were revised 2004). Thanks to all for your encouraging words!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #105  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Testing my tracker.
Closed Thread