Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #226  

Question Help!! Somewhat Frustrated

Hi All,

I am very excited to have found this site. I started MRC 19 days ago. I weighed in and lost 5 1/2 lbs. I have been a little frustrated because I have been reading that most of you lose 10 lbs. Or 7 lbs in 12 days.

I started at 177 and want to go down to 135. I love the program and have not strayed an inch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #227  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I second that! I would love to know about the "Green Bean Fries." Someone post a recipe please!

I can't post the links yet so here is the recipe.

Green French Fries – suggested by Nan11

1 bag frozen green string beans
Favorite seasoning (garlic, Mrs. Dash, Lemon Pepper)
Pre-heat oven to 375
Spray Pam on cookie sheet
Place however many green beans you want on the sheet
Sprinkle with Seasoning
Bake in over for 30-45 minutes (you want the frozen beans to go from frozen to wilty to crispy, so keep an eye on them after about 20 minutes)
When they begin to look 'crispy', turn on your broiler and broil until they begin to look like they are curling (like french fries)
Remove and eat.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Thanks Humblebee & Chopingirl!! For all of the great information. I know for a fact that she didn't drink enough water - she whined about it constantly. Anyway - I drink well over 100 oz a day - so I think I'm good.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #229  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeefree View Post
Hi All,

I am very excited to have found this site. I started MRC 19 days ago. I weighed in and lost 5 1/2 lbs. I have been a little frustrated because I have been reading that most of you lose 10 lbs. Or 7 lbs in 12 days.

I started at 177 and want to go down to 135. I love the program and have not strayed an inch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
No, you aren't doing anything wrong. Some of us have a much different starting weight than you. Sometimes, if you have more weight to lose, you lose very quickly for the first few months. There are many factors as to why your losses are different than others. Don't compare, our bodies are all different, and if you are steadily going in a downward trend, you will get to goal. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venvix View Post
Hey Hvnlymzic! Hope that your appointment went well! We haven't seen you post recently...have you announced to the world yet?
It sounds like everyone is doing great! Finz I think that you mentioned something about a counselor at your center telling you that you weren't losing fast enough...Mine at my center hasn't come right out and told me that, but she did say "hmm...you're only losing 2-3 lbs a week on average". (she tried saying that my refusal to give up regular coffee has a lot to do with it). Of any diet plan I have ever read about, I remember reading something that it was perfectly safe to lose about 2 lbs a week. So, if I were you, I wouldn't stress too much about losing slowly, 'cuz you are not the only one! I told the counselor that maybe I'm losing slowly 'cuz I was never a big salt eater anyways, so I didn't retain and then lost all that initial water weight... Oh well, I'm *more* than perfectly content with my weight, and most importantly, my inches lost, than how fast I am loosing it all... Can't wait to get to maintenance however!
Hope everyone has a great week! And lots of for everyone
I agree - it is just hard to know that others lose so much faster but I too was not a big salt eater, already drank tons of water and had been calorie counting so it wasn't a huge shock to my body and I suspect that to be the cause of slower loss. At this point, I haven't averaged 2 pounds per week and am 100% OP. We went through everything again at the center the other day to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. I would like it to be faster - I'm not gonna lie - but I'll take what I can get at this point.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #231  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Did he really?? That's too funny. I honestly make myself crazy if I get on the scale at home! I'm going to WI tomorrow, too. I'm a bit apprehensive as the woman I saw on Tuesday (I had never had her before) indicated she thought I was losing too slowly. I thought I was doing great--I started the program Jan 15 and have stayed OP the whole time. I hope I get someone else tomorrow to ask their opinion.
I can't believe someone said that was too slow...21 pounds since Jan. 15. I think that is awesome. I've been on it since December 10th and I've only lost 28 pounds. I think you're doing great! I would definitely get a second opion.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #232  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Talk to your center about your frustrating, keep in mine all of us have differnt bodys and weight loss is differnt for each of us, there was one month for me were I was up and down the whole month when all was said and done I was up 1lb but I was down 14inches then the next month I was down 15lbs.
So in 19 days you loss 5.5 lbs and how many inches did you loss? There is also how did you eat before you statred, there is so much to look so don't look at what every one eles did look at what your are doing give you self that a girl for the 5.5lbs that you have loss.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #233  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks
You're doing great! The only thing you're doing wrong is comparing your loss to anyone else's. You probably weren't retaining as much water as many of us were, and you also are starting out at a lower weight than many of us did. So your loss will be a little slower in the beginning, but we all even out over time. You're averaging about 2 lbs a week, which is great! Some weeks you'll probably lose more, some weeks less. But if you continue to average 2 lbs a week, you'll be at goal in about 17 weeks - well, 14 now since you're almost 3 weeks into it. Yay!!! Just in time for shorts & swimsuits!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #234  
liberty44

S/C/G: 246/236/160

Default Green Bean French Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowicedeb View Post
What are green bean fries can you share on hoe to make them thank you
I found the green bean fries on the recipe page. Here it is:

Green French Fries – suggested by Nan11

1 bag frozen green string beans
Favorite seasoning (garlic, Mrs. Dash, Lemon Pepper)
Pre-heat oven to 375
Spray Pam on cookie sheet
Place however many green beans you want on the sheet
Sprinkle with Seasoning
Bake in over for 30-45 minutes (you want the frozen beans to go from frozen to wilty to crispy, so keep an eye on them after about 20 minutes)
When they begin to look 'crispy', turn on your broiler and broil until they begin to look like they are curling (like french fries)
Remove and eat.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #235  

Red face From Somewhat Frustrated

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. Your positive attitudes and this sight are a Godsend.

I look forward to talking with you all more often. A lot of my frustration comes from being in an empty nest now that my son is off to college and I'm here with my loving husband who can eat and eat and eat and eat and not gain an ounce. He is very supportive but we do miss going out to eat.

I know this is not forever but in this world today we want everything right away.

Thank you again
Old 02-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #236  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

I just posted some new recipes on the MRC recipe board.

Homemade Salsa (use with your melba toast for chips and salsa) or top fish or chicken (lunch or dinner on Day 11)
Chicken and Brocolli Slaw Salad (Day 5 for lunch or Day 11 for dinner)
Grilled Tiliapa Meta Slim Day 1 Dinner or Day 5 lunch
Chicken Omelete Meta Slim Day 11 Lunch

I can't wait to try the Pinto beans with my taco salad on Sun night! I will be Day 11. I miss my mexican food...
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #237  

Went to WI this morning - only down .5 again! I will just keep plugging along!! HAPPY FRIDAY to everyone!!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #238  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Last night I had a reminder of why I am doing this. My three year old son asked me why I never go swimming with them. (Why he asked this in the middle of winter, I do not know!) Anyway, I told him that this year, it would be different. Of course, he asked why. I told him it was because I am working on losing weight and getting healthier. He wanted to know where the "fat" was going. Try explaining that to a 3 year old!! Anyway, it just reminded me that I am doing this for my kids, so that I can be a better, "funner" mom for them. I want to look okay in a swimsuit, so that I am not embarrased to go swimming with them. And they want that, too. Just wanted to share.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Last night I had a reminder of why I am doing this. My three year old son asked me why I never go swimming with them. (Why he asked this in the middle of winter, I do not know!) Anyway, I told him that this year, it would be different. Of course, he asked why. I told him it was because I am working on losing weight and getting healthier. He wanted to know where the "fat" was going. Try explaining that to a 3 year old!! Anyway, it just reminded me that I am doing this for my kids, so that I can be a better, "funner" mom for them. I want to look okay in a swimsuit, so that I am not embarrased to go swimming with them. And they want that, too. Just wanted to share.
Thanks for sharing that! My kids are 17/19 but I know where you are coming from. When we do family vacations - I want to be able to go hiking and not DIE!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #240  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for the help. When I went into today, I had a different counselor and she was adamant that I was doing great. I think my center is just having a big personnel change and some people are very new. It's funny how little things can get you down, though.

My good news is that I had an unexpected big drop at my WI--I was down 4 pounds so I got to sign the 25 pound board

mommato3: Your son's observations are so cute! And you're right--it's wonderful to get those reminders of why we are working so hard to lose weight and get healthy.

coffeefree: My husband is the same way! He is 6'2" and 197 and eats whatever he wants to and never gains an ounce. But don't forfeit going out to eat--you just need to pick the right places and order correctly.
Closed Thread