Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #286  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks Angierue!! So i shouldn't expect my TOM to be too weird.

I did get chastised once for not eating all three meals. And I got chastised for not eating all of my veggies once. Noted quickly that I needed to eat all of what they told me!

Today was the first day that I've had that I really just couldn't fight the craving. And I'm assuming that if I hadn't been stuck in the hospital, I would have been able to fight a little better. At least that's the story I'm sticking to!!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 190/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello all!!!

Hello all,

I am new to the MRC. I just joined yesterday.I am really excited by ready your stories. I need to loose 46 pounds. I am beginning the precondiotioning phase. I have a few questions about the menu during precondtioning.
Menu: (pre-condtioning)
Breakfast:
Protein-Eggs or hard cheese
Bread- 1 slice pf 40 cal. bread

Lunch:
Protein Lean protein
(white meat chicken or turkey, white water packed tuna, white fish)
Veggies- NO potatoes, no carrots, no corn, no pasta, No rice
Fruit: No cherries, no grapes, no bananas

Dinner:
Protein Lean protein
(white meat chicken or turkey, white water packed tuna, white fish)
Veggies- NO potatoes, no carrots, no corn, no pasta, No rice
Bread: 1 slice pf 40 cal. bread

Increase water Decrease cokes, coffee and caffeinated drinks
Stay away from sugar and fried foods.

Does anyone have any recipes for the precondtioning phase???
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Congrats to everyone who has lost. I can't wait!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

As for the cravings... I just fight them off. It's hard. I need to talk to my center and ask them about that along with what exactly I need to do when I don't have time to eat.

For example today... Got up and had breakfast at 9am. Drank my 10am HNS on the way to the hairdresser. Got to the hairdresser and was told it would be about 45 more minutes before she could get started so I went to a friends garage sale and then went back. She realized she was out of color so had to go get some more. We didn't get started on my hair until about noon. It takes forever to have my hair foiled because I have so much. So long story short, I didn't leave there until nearly 4pm and I still needed to go by the grocery store. It was almost 5:30pm by the time I got home and I still hadn't eaten anything.

I just cooked dinner and ended up skipping lunch all together. This is why I'm freakin' plateaued already. I weighed this morning and was exactly the same as I was yesterday, which is exactly where I was on Monday.

*sigh* Hopefully tomorrow (and next week) will be better and I will actually eat 3 meals and all my HNS's.

Congrats on all the losses! Sounds like everyone had great weigh ins today.
For getting meals in....have you tried meal replacements. You can use them a couple times a week and I have to use them each Tuesday because of my schedule! Also.....when I am going out, for hair, to the school, etc. I pack a lunch. Even if I plan to be home "about" time. I will pack it and carry along. A lettuce wrap works for a lunch. Just tear off leaves of lettuce and lay out about the size of a tortilla wrap, then fill with meat and veggies of your choice. Wrap up like a burrito and you have your take with you lunch. Add an apple and you are set.

I ALWAYS carry a medicine case with my lunch and supper pills in my purse. I also always have Chocolate Crisp HNS in my purse. You can eat those anywhere even if you don't have a shake-able water bottle. BTW, these are great for surviving chocolate cravings!!!! The other always in the purse thing is a Meal Replacement bar (my fav is the vanilla wafers)

Other in your lunch box emergency kit ideas: Salad (although not easy if you are not sure where you may eat), turkey wrap....lay out a slice of turkey, put some shredded veggies inside and wrap to make a cigar, Chicken salad made with apple and the mayo from the recipe book to make a lettuce wrap, and any of the meal replacement bars.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #289  

For getting in all your HNS, try to bake/cook with the HNS. It will make your life easier.

For me, I am finally feeling better again. I hope this lasts longer than last time. I am also hoping to lose some weight this next wi. I think that would be great.

I was chastised a bit when I didn't eat all my food while sick, but I just couldn't. What I was told is that you don't have to pick just raw or cooked. You can do 2oz cooked and a 4oz salad. This is probably something everyone else knew, but it was really an eye opener. I normally do steamed green beans, broccoli or spaghetti squash. I don't like salad so much, but it won't be bad if I can do a little of both.

Also, our center said that we cannot do any salad dressings but the MRC and ones we make ourselves, but gave us some recipes. Let me see if I can post those in the recipe thread.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientbutterfli View Post

This is different than what I got as preconditioning, but breakfast.....you can do breakfast cups using a slice of bread flattened and put in a muffin tin then add some scrambled egg and cheese and bake.

You can do HB eggs with toast.

My fav breakfast is 1 fried egg topped with 1 oz cheese on a slice of toast.

For lunch: see my post above. I do alot of lettuce wraps, Mock tuna casserole, chicken salad (both kinds), taco salad (low sodium taco turkey burger on lettuce), Chicken with steamed veggies.

Supper at my house tends to be breaded cod, chicken bites (bread with melba toast ground up), taco meat on bread, try the chicken sausage from the recipe thread (I made it with turkey and it was good), turkey bugers (I season this a bit).

Fruit- just add to the lunch. I had watermelon today and that was a nice change for me.

I am not on preconditioning, but I omitted some of the stuff I eat to help suit you. Good luck. I know that you will do wonderfully!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #291  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Meals

Angierue
Another thing to consider is asking your center about the 2 meal plan. Since I work 3 12hr shifts per week and constantly running when I'm there, I've missed a few meals. (just haven't had time) I told my counselor I was tired of taking food and having to waste it because there was no time for it. Then of course, I'm much hungrier later.

She gave me a menu for the 2 meal plan to use on the days I work. (said she really doesn't like it, but....) You basically get 1 serving of everything for breakfast and dinner's the same except the fruit. She also told me to try to have a snack between the 2 meals (3 boiled eggs - whites only and a couple of pieces of melba toast). For dinner I'm going to have a meal replacement - which gives me my 3 for the week. She also didn't like the meal replacements with the 2-meal deal, but it's the best I can do to make sure I keep my metabolism going.

Your counselor might give you different info on the snack based on your activity level.

Hope this helps.

Everyone keep up the great job of losing.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #292  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Cravings

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
So what do you guys do when you are craving so badly that you can't turn away? I've spent the last 24 hours in a hospital with a friend who was in for a kidney stone. I think it's PMS time, so today while she was down for her procedure, I took her son to get some food. I ate a proper lunch (including HNS and supplements!) but a couple hours later I started craving chocolate so bad that we actually went down to the gift shop and I bought some of those mini-reeses. I only had three and it made me feel kinda gross, so I was glad for that, but mad at myself for giving in! I used to work in the hospital and I ate whatever, whenever. So I wondered if that was part of it. And I KNOW that it was mostly PMS. Dang hormones!
readytobethinagain
I have been craving pasta & pizza lately...it's about to kill me! The only thing that keeps me from going off, is knowing what will happen if I do...get diarrhea. Never been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) but there are certain foods I have to be careful with and since I've changed my eating habits so drastically, any change from this plan has that bad effect. The last day of pre-conditioning I was at a church conference and they gave us a box lunch. Caved in & ate the bag of chips - bad idea!!!!! Now I keep that experience in mind when I think about cheating.

Also keep that saying in my mind..."nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels". Then I ask God for strength and keep moving past the item taunting me. I think about how I've already gone from a size 16 to a 12 and I want that feeling to get even better. Probably really bad to confess this but...when I really want something sweet I eat the wafer meal replacement for a meal, even if I already had my 3 for the week. I feel it's better than eating completly off program.

For the hospital thing...I shared before about all the bad eating places in our hospital. I changed my exit route so I don't have to pass McDonald's anymore. It also makes a longer trip to the garage so I get more walking in.

Hope your friend is feeling better.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Well it turns out I had strep throat and thank goodness I went and saw a doc today. I hardly ate in 48 hours and what I ate was off plan because I was pretty much out of it most of the time with a fever and couldn't swallow anything including water without being in pain. Last night I couldn't sleep well because my ears started to hurt so bad from the pressure of my swollen glands. I think in two days I had eaten a bowl of chicken noodle soup, a yogurt, and a frosty. I am starting to feel a bit better now so I guess I will keep on trucking to my MRC menu now that I am awake and can swallow!
One good thing about being sick ...is man did 2lbs come off quick - hope it stays that way!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 AM   #294  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowicedeb View Post
No there not ask the staff at the center they will tell you they are not.
It depends on the center - my center recommended the Walden Farms dressings.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #295  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
MSTeacher: I struggle with breakfast as well. Someone in my center turned me on to a breakfast shake (it may be in the cookbook, I haven't looked for it there). Put in the blender: 8 oz cold water, 6 oz cottage cheese, 1 packet strawberry & banana gelatin and few drops of strawberry extract. You can also add artificial sweetener if you want it sweeter. Blend until smooth. That & your bread choice makes your breakfast.
That sounds good - you could actually use any flavor HNS - orange HNS w/a little vanilla extract would make it kinda like an orange julius ;>) And I'd use half water, half ice cubes to make it more smoothie-like.
You could also use less cottage cheese & add an egg or pasteurized egg whites in the carton (I use them a lot on maintenance - they're a "free" food on maintenance.)
Old 02-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #296  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientbutterfli View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the MRC. I just joined yesterday.

The main thing about preconditioning is to just keep things simple. You're just getting your body used to having less sugar & starch, less fat, less soda & caffeine & more water. And as they told us in food class, no "last suppers" - that last trip to Waffle House, or whatever . I had a LOT of last suppers, I really didn't take pre-conditioning all that seriously - so I was one of the few that hadn't really lost any weight at my food-class weigh-in! But I still got to goal, so in the long run it didn't do much damage But my advice is to do as they say & not as I did, especially if you're used to eating lots of sugars & starches or having lots of caffeine. You can decaf gradually during pre-conditioning. It'll make that first few days on program easier with fewer "withdrawal" symptoms.
And oh, by the way - !!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #297  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

to whoever was having a pizza craving..you might be able to curb that with a modified version (it is a little off plan b/c you really aren't supposed to have cheese at night, but hey, this is a much better option than any other pizza you could have):
take a 40 calorie tortilla, add 2 ounces shredded cheese, and any veggie toppings of your choice (be careful not to overload the toppings, as the tortilla is pretty thin) Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly. I have heard some people cook the tortilla a little before putting the toppings on, but I don't (you can experiment both ways and see what you like better). Then you can have whatever else for dinner that equals your protein and veggies. I usually have a side of salad and a 4 ounce piece of chicken (I am on the beige menu that allows for 6 ounces of protein, if you are only on 4 ounces, then you would have to have a small 2 ounce piece of grilled chicken) It really feels like a ton of food when you have this meal, but it is sooo satisfing to have the pizza occasionally. I usually have this meal when my DH and kids order pizza from Domino's.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-24-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #298  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

goal4life: I like that idea for pizza. I don't have the tomato supplement so some of the other recipes for pizza weren't for me but I could do your idea. I also miss pizza

Last night I fell and have a radial fracture. My first thought was oh no, my weight loss plan. I know I can still eat on plan but the exercise part is bothering me. I am still going to go to the gym 3x a week and do what I can...what a dilemma. Any advice out there?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #299  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
It depends on the center - my center recommended the Walden Farms dressings.
Mine does too. And the Wishbone Spritzers!! I have to tell you guys that after I ate those couple of reese-s mini's, I actually felt sick. Like they were too sweet and I couldn't even stand the aftertaste! Psychological or not, that's pretty awesome! i may crave it, but if I know that it makes me feel yucky, I won't be as tempted!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #300  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
goal4life: I like that idea for pizza. I don't have the tomato supplement so some of the other recipes for pizza weren't for me but I could do your idea. I also miss pizza

Last night I fell and have a radial fracture. My first thought was oh no, my weight loss plan. I know I can still eat on plan but the exercise part is bothering me. I am still going to go to the gym 3x a week and do what I can...what a dilemma. Any advice out there?
Ouch - so sorry to hear about your fracture. Assuming it's your arm, you could probably still walk on the treadmill, it'll just be a little trickier to maintain your balance if you're in a sling. Just be careful! If you're going to a gym, the trainers there can probably help you figure out how to work around your injury.
Closed Thread