Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #151  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
OH to be roller-blading, instead of shovelling the white stuff like Meowee, or slipping on the freezing rain, like ME! Ah, Texas (the stars at NIGHT, are big and BRIGHT - clap clap clap - DEEP in the HEART, of TEXAS...)
Hey, mcz, get RIGHT back on the MF horse!!! You can do this!!! Eye on the prize!
LOVE all the kitty pictures! My hubby and I aren't able to have kids, so cats it is. It's a bit sad -- I love children (but I could never eat a whole one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!) -I love that joke. No, seriously, it is a bit tough, because I do wonder who will care about me when I'm 85...
ANYWAYS, tomorrow is day 13! Who'd have thought it? I have no idea how much more I'm down, because I'm refusing to weigh in daily. NO SCALE-SLAVING for ME!
So, it will be a surprise.
Well, gotta dash - gotta rescue the cats from outside!
Later,
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-12-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
It's a bit sad -- I love children (but I could never eat a whole one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
The first time I ever heard that joke was when my son told it years ago. BTW, both he and his wife are in the armed forces -- stationed in Cold Lake, Alberta at present; and they have two daughters. At the time he told that joke, however, he was single.

Last edited by meowee; 11-12-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 236/223/180

Hello again!

Sorry if I am replying when I should be posting new? Can't seem to find where you put a new post? Anyway, my parcel (from ebay) has arrived in perfect sealed condition, and best of all no duty! So I will be starting tomorrow morning, I hope some of you can help me, I know I have viewed a thread on this forum (somewhere!) about the best way to prepare the food, someone had a post about leaving your mixes sit for a bit, and some other helpful tips, but can't find it now anyone recall the post I am talking about? If any of you have any tips you would like to share about my first day, that would be great! Have a nice evening all, wish me luck! By the way I didn't get any eggs in this shipment, for those of you that have tried them - are they good?

Terry

Last edited by slimoneday; 11-12-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #154  
Onward and Downward

Terry . . . you put your post in exactly the right place. Basically you only want to start a new thread if you are opening an entirely new topic; but you are really just carrying on with the same conversation, so this is the right place for it.

BTW . . . to start a new thread, you click on the little "new thread" icon at the top of the forum page.

Afraid I can't recall the thread you are talking about in connection with preparation of Medifast meals. You might want to try a search using "medifast meal preparation" or something similar to see if you can find it. You will find a little button for "Search this Thread" at the top of every thread page.

Good Luck tomorrow. . .
Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #155  

Default Thanks

Thanks Meowee,

Love your kitty pic, have two of my own. I just thought of one more question that I can't seem to find an answer to on the Medifast site, and that is; do I have to count the hot drinks (latte, cappucino) as one of my meals? Or can I have them in conjunction with my mf meal?

Terry
Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #156  
BPO

S/C/G: 171/164/125

Height: 5'3''

Hi Terry,

Good luck with your first day!!

The hot and cold drinks all count as one Medifast meal (if you had one in conjunction it would be two at once)

I do remember the post you're talking about, and all I can remember is that you should let everything sit for a few minutes.

The following site also has some great recipes to try

medifast-recipes.com
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #157  

Thanks BPO,

And I will check out the site for the recipes as well.

Have a nice evening!

Terry
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #158  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .
Old 11-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Hi Everybody! Today is day 14. I'm refusing to weigh in more than once or twice a week so I don't know the exact loss BUT I KNOW I am down a lot of inches. Especially in my mid section. I tried an oatmeal cookie recipe last night and was really happy with how good it was. Sure helped me stay on track cause I was really craving something "real" Is anyone having problems with tingling in their hands? It hits me mostly late at night. Other than that I'm still a happy camper!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #160  
Onward and Downward

MZROZ . . . how's the BGL when the tingling sensation hits you? BTW . . . on those missing inches.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi meowee!

You know that's a good question! I didn't think about BGL as a factor because i've never had this before. I'll check it next time it happens and see if its up or down. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #162  
banned

Hi all! What's BLG mean????
Maya
Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #163  
Onward and Downward

I have no idea what BLG means, MAYA . . . but BGL means Blood Glucose Level.

Last edited by meowee; 11-13-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #164  

well day one is almost over, so far I like most things, with one exception- CHILI! It was the thing I thought I would really enjoy, because it would be hearty, unfortunately I HATED it And the shipment I bought has 3 boxes! Anybody have any recipes to make it more palatable?

I did have a wicked headache today as well, I understand that happens to a lot of people.

I think I may have had more than 6 oz of chicken for dinner though? Do you all weigh your food or just guesstimate? Is it supposed to be approximately the size of your palm?

Have a great evening and thanks for all the help.

Terry
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #165  
banned

Hi all! OK, OK, so I have happy fingers! Ms Meowee!!!!
Ms Slim -- As for your food, doctor the hot meals with hot sauce -- makes it that much better. As for the food, just invest in a digital weigh scale and weigh everything. Sure takes the guess-work out of what you're eating!
Tomorrow, day 14, and then, dah dah DAH-----WEIGH-IN!
'Night, all!!!
Maya
Closed Thread