Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #121  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, meowee! Thanks for tuning in!
I'll keep everyone updated with WEEK 2 as it progresses.
Right now, I've blended up an orange creme shake with ice cubes, so it tastes exactly like a creamsicle. I'd prefer something warmer in November, but hey...How is it in Nova Scotia? Chilly, I'll bet
Anyways,
Concerning ketostix and carb grams etc -- there is a wonderful Nutritional Support thread on the mymedifast website! I'm sure they could get to the bottom of the Ketostix -- I'm going to post there myself because this has always been a question of mine (well, for the last 5 days or so... hahahaha!)...
Later!

Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #122  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

How right you are MAYA . . . it is definitely chilly, but it is sunny, and at this time of year, that's more than half the battle (IMHO, anyway). Is that support thread only available to 'real' Medifasters? Or can a wannabe see it too.

I really enjoy hearing about all your experiences . . .

BTW, MZROZ, as a fellow Type II, I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your Medifast experiences. Hope my doctor approves this for me in January. Just had my regular bloodwork done (first time since I went off Insulin) so I'm waiting rather nervously to see what my results will be.

Keep us posted, please, everybody -- I'm living vicariously through all of you right now.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #123  
banned

Good luck with the blood work, Ms Meowee - hope it all goes well for you. I'm not sure about the website - you can try at the mymedifast.com site (hope I haven't given a link) and see if you can create a profile. I'm not sure, because I my computer remembers my code name etc. and I can't recall if it is a members-only site. I think that it is, actually, but give it a try...
Let me know what happens!
Maya
Old 11-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #124  

HUgs all

Seems like I always get attacked on this board

ok let me clarify AGAIN LOL

MF is a lowfat low carb diet but its not like ATkins. Its not aLOW carb diet mentatlity. Its a PLAN that needs to be followed. You cant go and buy low carb stuff at the grocery store like in the freezer isle & be on the diet.
THat is what I meant by my statement. I dont want you to have the Atkins mentality.
I started and I had that idea & found it was wrong
I use to use ketostix & they told me to start.
Wonderfull, i guess you ketosis is on the stix. NS says its not suppose to
you are suppose to be in mild ketosis.
no harm, all is well. its your body do what you want LOL

, that the use of ketostix is not recommended.

Keep up the great work...and welcome to the Medifast family!
Jessica__________________
Jessica
Registered Dietitian
Medifast Nutrition Support

I was just trying to be helpful
I dont want any problems with anyone
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #125  
banned

Hi there!
Sorry you feel attacked! This thread wasn't meant to be anything other than positive and above all, fun!!!!
I get the ketosis thing, and I know that the medifast policy is not to use them. I had the same ketostix question but have decided not to use them because if I follow the plan the diet will work. Regardless of whether or not I use ketostix. So my personal choice is not to use them. Especially since I live and die by the scales, if I use ketostix, I will live and die by the ketostix reading. In fact, on day three I used them and had a mild burn going. On day 5, being 100% on plan, I had a negative reading. This absolutely drove me wild! I thought -- do I now have to calculate the carb grams of everything and combine them to achieve weight loss? Do I have to do this all the time? What's the point of medifast if I have to obsess about what I am eating??? SO, I checked out the Nutritional Support board and found that they aren't recommended. Probably to allievate those of us with OCD from fixating on the readings. SO, my obsession with the scale and the obession with ketostix readings are things I'm trying to avoid this time around. I flushed the ketostix (seriously, all of them) and made my ONLY goal to be 100% on plan until Christmas! If I stick with the plan, the weight will follow in its own good time. No point putting time limits on weight loss (i.e. 20 lbs by Christmas) because I can't control this OTHER than to be on plan 100%. The weight will come off when my body decides, not my head!
Thanks for posting, and I'm sorry we had some controversy. I really want to avoid this on this thread!
Everyone is welcome on this thread, so I hope you follow my adventures and continue to post!
Maya

"No Excuses..."

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-09-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #126  

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcz1970 View Post
lettingslenderin,

I must have not been clear. I lost 7 pounds in 4 days and THEN didn't lose anything for 3 days. I guess that I expected for the weight to continue to drop off at such a fast pace and was frustrated when it didn't. It was probably water weight. But I lost another pound as of this morning, so that's 8 lbs in 8 days. Not too shabby.
You were clear, but my reading comprehension must have been off. OK, seven pounds in four days sounds like the MF I know!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:25 AM   #127  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up What a great read...

Thank you all for this great one-act-play of a thread. I was practically jumping up and down, too, when I read the 10-lbs-off-the-1st-week post. It was killer literature--had to read the entire post to get to that first weekly tally triumph. I got sooo psyched reading this thread today, that I went straightway to the MF website and ordered a month's worth of stuff. Hoping to get my package before Thanksgiving--assuming there won't be a customs issue getting this to Texas -- (some Americans don't claim us; my best friend lives in Michigan and refers to my home as Tex-***...)

I'm a veg and I'm thrilled to know there is a low-carb option for us.

Thanks, again,
Carol

Last edited by camorgana; 11-10-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #128  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Just for the record, my intentions weren't to attack anyone, lol. When using the written word only, sometimes the spirit of the post is lost and things might get misinterpreted. I'm not good at expressing myself in written form. I'm a bean counter, lol.

I realize that this diet isn't similar to Atkins. Well, the only thing that Medifast and Atkins has in common is the lower carb issue. While Atkins does work, it's not what I chose to do at this time. I chose Medifast. And I'm happy I did!

This thread seems to be uplifting for all of us. I keep coming back here to see the weight changes for everyone. Let's keep it up!

Last edited by mcz1970; 11-10-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 236/223/180

Default Hello

Hi everyone,

So happy that I have found this forum, I will be starting Medifast hopefully Monday (that's when my package is supposed to arrive) I ordered it off of ebay, but am a little sorry that I did,- I didn't save a whole lot of money, and of course I couldn't pick the items (bought it as a lot) and realized later that there aren't any of the bars in the shipment! great assortment of everything else, shakes puddings, soups and chili, hot drinks and all of them are fresh (made sure to check that) but alas as I am Canadian, my package was held up at customs! It is being sent UPS and they say it should still be on time, which would be Monday, but that I may have to pay duty. But I was frustrated with the Medifast site, not offering any of the bonuses to Canadians, like the free week of food or even any of the introductory bonus codes I could have entered (if you order online) to save money, and of course no free shipping I also won't be receiving the starter guide, is that something I should try to order? Do I really need it?

Anyway I really want to give this a great effort, I started another diet last year and was successful, I lost 50 lbs but after going off plan over the summer I have gained back 25! Need to lose a lot more than that though, 60 Lbs would be nice!

I will post back when I receive my order, hope to get to know you all a little better!

Bye for now,
Terry
Old 11-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #130  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi TERRY . . . and as well. We are getting quite a collection of Canadians on this thread . . .

Hi CAROL . . . and as well to you also. Dying to hear if you have any shipping problems . . . Hey if the US doesn't want you guys, maybe they'd be willing to trade for Quebec. A lot of Canadians feel that same way about La Belle Province.

Hope everybody has a really great OP day . . .
Old 11-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Hi MEOWEE!

Yep I sure did! I'm sure a lot of it was water but 8lbs is 8lbs. I have noticed a slow down though today is day 11 and I've only lost an additional .5 lbs. But can tell by my slacks that I'm loosing inches. I'm on medication for Type II diabetes - Janumet twice a day. But my sugar has gone done average of 15 points. It makes sense though because my carb intake has also gone way down and I'm gulping water all day, and eating several small meals instead of three huge ones which my dr wanted me to do all along....

I'm am so loving this plan. I especially like the flexibility. Found some great salad dressing by Walden Farms with 0 everything. I'm happy happy happy!

Last edited by mzroz; 11-10-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
Hi! It is cheap! It is easy! I'm doin' the happy dance!!!!
And I don't use Ketostix. I'm an obsessive-type of person, and that for me would be just one more thing to get obsessed over. SO, I'm going for 100% on plan until Christmas! The weight will follow...
Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Maya

"No excuses..."
I agree freiamaya! I plan to check the stix every now and then. Just for some minor gratificationi when I need it.... Mine are left over from Atkins anyway. Plus I think being diabetic might have something to do with my readings. When I was on Atkins time ago my stix never read that dark.. and I stuck to the plan like glue. I've followed this plan to the letter and it's the same thing. So, I'm not going to worry about it. The weight and inches are coming off. I'm not hungry all the time, and feel really good ,so I know I'm in Ketosis. Plus that's one less thing to buy. Those stix aren't cheap!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #133  
banned

Ms. Slim, as a Canadian, you can't use the website. BUT you can place your order over the phone without any problems. SO, for your second order, call the Medifast support line to place your order. Mention you saw the ad on this website and ask about the bonus week of food. They WILL send you the starter kit complete with the bonus week AND the book AND the guide. At least, they did for me. And I'm in Kingston! The advantage of ordering from their official site is that you have access to their support website, on which you will find all info that you need. Try ordering from them next month!
My SIL just ordered, and got her shipment in 4 days. GRRRRR!!! It took me almost two weeks!!! But, all good things come to those who wait, and here I am, on DAY 11!
I think it is Thanksgiving in the US, so HAPPY TURKEYDAY, to all of our southern cousins!
I'm beat, so I'm off to bed. I'll post again tomorrow, with...
The Adventures of
MAYA

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-11-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #134  

Welcome, Carol!

One thing about this diet is it that it is very fun, because the results are so good. Another thing that is interesting is that the vast majority of online people I have met on this diet are optimistic and happy about the diet, maybe because the results are so affirming.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Allright Ladies, honest answers please....
uhhmmmmm I am having a (gas) problem, (sigh)
Anybody else.? I am like a little fart pillow over in my cubicle at work,
Thank god I am in the corner! I am so embarrassed! The maple and brown sugar oatmeal gives me killer heartburn! so now it is regulated to the muffin recipe! I am on my second box of auto-order, and I think that I will change it all around for the 3rd one, I have too many soups and not enough shakes, and I can't stand the chicken noodle soup!
Maya have you looked at your ticker lately, you are over the halfway mark!
Closed Thread