Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #76  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

HANG IN THERE!!!
You need to be 100% for the first three days. You can do it! Be careful with the off-plan snacking! The way this works is that your body will have to adjust to fewer carbohydrates than you are used to. This conversion takes a few days, but if you have, say, CANDY (), you will take longer to adjust! It isn't the end of the world, but it may make your Medifast journey a bit harder. The other thing is that we are all SO PROUD of you for exercising! You have started on a great journey, but each journey starts with little steps. You are 50% of the way there. Just hang in there!!!
If I had a FAX machine, I would FAX you some strength!!!
You can do it!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-03-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #77  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Just wanted to let you know that our little 'affair' with Hurricane Noel was not as bad as originally predicted. It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad -- at least not right around my area, anyway. We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere ).

OMG, MAYA . . . I really got a moment from your comment about ordering two cokes with a large pizza. Boy have I ever BTDT more than once in my history, too.

Hi there FABULOUS . . . to this little group and as well. I'm a Type II Diabetic and although my doctor has asked me to hold off until the beginning of the year (because we just made a major change in my meds -- I stopped shooting insulin as of the early part of October -- and he wants to be sure my BGL is stable), I hope to start of Medifast then. IMHO (and with the blessing of my doctor) I don't think you really need to go for the more limited selection in the Diabetes Specialty area. Most of the stuff seems pretty diabetes friendly. BTW, which version of Medifast are you doing? Pretty sure my doctor is going to insist I try the 4 / 2 / 1 plan rather than the regular 5 / 1 / 1. Partly the diabetes, I guess; but also probably partly because I'm 64 and even Medifast seems to be recommending that the 'older-types' have a little more 'regular food'.

Also, would like to invite you to join some of the rest of us over on the "Dieting with Diabetes" chat thread . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126236 . . . Although I know that nobody over there is doing Medifast at the moment, it can still be helpful to be able to discuss the other challenges that we face as diabetics with people who know what you are going through.

Another place, you might enjoy is our Age 50+ Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217 . . . We'd love to chat with you over there, too.

Have a great day . . .
Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #78  
banned

Glad you're safe, Meowee! I was thinking about the storm, and saw that Nova Scotians were supposed to stay away from the coast. Here's fingers crossed that everything is going to be OK!
I have LOTS of secret eating behaviors!!! All of which I am trying to give up, but I fear it will be a life-long battle. Which in itself is OK. If you can't laugh at yourself, then why bother getting up in the morning!!!
Talk to you soon,
Maya
Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #79  
BPO

S/C/G: 171/164/125

Height: 5'3''

Maya,

I live in Ottawa and was looking to order Medifast. Just wondering if you had to pay any duty on your package?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #80  
Onward and Downward

Hi BPO . . . and too Hope you love it here. . . . and thanks for asking that question (I meant to, but forgot -- incipient Alzheimers, I guess).

Speaking of hidden food compulsions, MAYA, since I can't start Medifast yet, I decided to kick my Cool Whip "addiction" this month. Gotten to the point where I figured CW should be measured by the cup not by the Tbsp. Have to admit that I don't enjoy my SF jello (which is allowed on Medifast) nearly as much when it's 'bald'. So this is my 4th day -- clean and sober and I still have a little skin on my lower lip and a few fingernails.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #81  
banned

Hi there, BPO! First, you can't order online. You have to call their 1-800 number for customer service. Be prepared for a 5-7 day delivery timeframe, because UPS sends packages through Customs, and they can hang onto it forever. So don't get too excited and believe the customer service guys when they say you'll have it by date X. And, MAKE SURE you get a tracking number. If they don't give it to you, they haven't mailed it yet. If they say "The tracking number will come in on Friday", that means it hasn't been mailed yet. Just keep calling to inquire. When you get your number, keep an eye on it via the Web. If the note for a delay says "additional documentation required", call Medifast and nag. Do this every day. IT WILL ARRIVE -- just as an idea, I ordered my package on 19 October. They actually mailed it on 25 October (I don't know what the real reason for the delay was -- I know what I was TOLD, but who knows) and it arrived on the 31st of October. So, keep the motivation until it arrives. And stay on top of things. As for duty ----- NONE! I wasn't charged a thing for duty, and the package had been opened and inspected, so there you go!!!!
MMMmmm COOL WHIP!!!! Good times....sigh!
Hang in there - just watch the frequency! I've found that I won't eat a cup at a time, but 1 tablespoon every 3 minutes for 2 hours really adds up!!!
Talk to you guys tomorrow!!!
Maya
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #82  
BPO

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the order information.

I'm really excited to join this thread, I've been following now for a week after I stumbled on this forum researching Medifast. I can't wait to start so I'll be ordering sometime this week!

Thanks again!
BPO
Old 11-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Hi All,
Thanks for the encourgement and the welcome.
My doctor seems a little non chalant about all this when I consulted him, with a whatever you want kind of attitude. He didn't seem to want to participate, or maybe believes that I won't do it, or succeed with it.
I started the 5 and 1 plan on friday and by saturday night was (and still)
climbing the walls. It all tastes so chalky and powdery!
My error was in cleaning out the kitchen completely and not getting any allowed snacks, celery, sugar free jello, etc.
I supplemented last night with a 140 calorie carb monitor chicken veg soup from progresso, and eliminated one of the medifast soups.
This seemed to calm me down a little, with a taste of the real food was very satisfying.
Last night was difficult because had to work an extra hour due to time change,(work night shift).
I am not giving up on this, tomorrow is another day, and the real challenge will be my first set of 2 days off for this week.
But lost 2 pounds so far! (in 3 days)
I appreciate you all,
F50TX
Old 11-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #84  
banned

And we all appreciate YOU!!! Hang in there. I saw a show on TV last week hosted by Dr. Oz (of Oprah fame!), where he said that it often takes up to 16 tries -- YUP, SIXTEEN --- before your tastebuds adapt to new foods and actually enjoy them. SO, I've committed to this philosophy. I thought the Chai Latte would be absolutely disgusting, as I hate Chai and the thought of any tea with milk in it makes my skin crawl. But you know what? To me, it tastes like a warm gingerbread drink! Awesome!
Oh, one hint I've heard -- if you don't like the chalkiness, let your mixes sit for a couple of minutes and then eat them. That is supposed to help!
Well, tomorrow will be DAY 5!!! I ROCK!!!! Especially since I made 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies dipped in white chocolate for my DH. And I didn't taste one little bit!!!! Oh, the early resolve...I wish it would last...
G'night, all!
Maya
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . . . . just popping in to say ATTA GIRL to each and every one of you -- you can do this --
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #86  
BPO

Maya,

You have me so excited to start Medifast. I can't wait to order!! I just need to find some time. I work about 70-80 hours a week and my issues with weight are not eating too much but rather not eating enough...or at all on somedays. So having to grab 5 pre-frab meals and adding water will be a welcome blessing, can't wait! I just bought a take-along mixer at Homehardware with measurments on the side and a blender feature built right in for the shakes.

Can't wait!!! Now I just need to find time to call and order!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Wow!, you are awesome, choc chip is totally my weakness. DH is going to suffer I am sure because of this, he is totally dependant on me to feed him.
He can't boil water poor soul! He brought home M&M's from wal-mart yesterday and I had to put them on top of the refridge to not look at them.
Fortunately for me he works out of town and can feed himself at the restaurants there.
Meow- thanks for turning me on to the defragged ladys website.
What an Inspiration! I can't wait to get organized and find that sugar free syrup and make those muffins out of the brown sugar oatmeal, since it gives me killer heartburn. Can't wait to try those.!
Fab50TX
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #88  
Onward and Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous50Texas View Post
Meow- thanks for turning me on to the defragged ladys website.
Fab50TX
Gee TEX . . . think you must have me mixed up with somebody else? . . . 'cause I have no idea what you mean.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #89  
banned

'Morning!
Well, it's day SIX, which means only 48 hours until my first weigh-in! I THINK things are a bit looser, but I'm not sure because, hey, it's only been one week! It just might be wishful thinking...
I'm still going strong. Yesterday's meals were:
S'mores granola bar -- 5 stars! DANG it was good...I'd actually pay MONEY for this, because I generally don't like granola bars. I'd buy this one even if I wasn't on Medifast!
Dutch Chocolate shake -- I blended this up with ice cubes, water and the mix, and it turned into a great tasting smoothie. Great for the summers!
Cream of Tomato soup -- this product has received really mixed reviews. Lots of people actually HATE it. I personally find it quite nice!
Banana Creme Pudding -- another of my nemisis - fake banana...so I had this with great trepidations. And you know what? I really like it!!!
Cappuccino -- If you can get your mindset such that you aren't expecting cappuccino but a hot, coffee/milk flavored drink, you'll really like it. Cappuccino it isn't, but a great warming drink it is!
1 Lean and green meal -- this is home-cooked food, where you make your own protein and vegetables. Yesterday, I had seven ounces of cod and 1 1/2 cups of broccoli and cauliflower. There 's a list you choose from with respect to proteins and amounts, and your usuals are all there -- salmon, tuna, chicken, pork, beef...you name it. Plus there is a separate list for vegetarians, too, which includes veggie burgers, eggs, cheese, and so on.
What I find really interesting is that you can apparently make their Medifast packets into so much more! There is an entire thread on the member's website for recipes, and some people are incredibly creative! You'll find bread recipes, waffle recipes, cake recipes, chips, and so on -- someone made a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch the other day! Another person made pizza!!! Go figure!
Anyways, I've got my fingers crossed for the big weigh-in in 48 hours!!! So I'm back to my white-chocolate covered oatmeal raisin bar (seriously), and my coffee.
Later, all!
Maya
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #90  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

freiamaya,

I am officially on day 6 as well!! Woohoo! I cannot believe that I've made it this far, lol.We'll have to keep tabs on one another.
Closed Thread