Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . . Hopefully you'll feel a lot better once it arrives.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #47  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

OK, so I've been OBSESSIVELY tracking my package, and it seems to be hung up in customs! Something about "more information required before customs clearance"! Which means that my package is OFFICIALLY delayed! ARGGHHH!!!!
DARN YOU, CUSTOMS (fist shaking in the air)!!!
I called customer service and got a really good agent, who conference called the customs and UPS office. This was really reassuring! SO, my order is in Ft Erie -- wonder how long it'd take me to drive there??? HAhahahahaha!
It will get here, probably on Wednesday, so here's to a November start!!!

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-29-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Just hope they aren't trying to figure out how to charge you duty, import fees, and special fees for adding up all the other special fees. . .
Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #49  
banned

I better have my bank account number ready!!!!
Hahahah!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #50  
banned

It's here, it's here, it's HERE!!!
My package arrived! Surprisingly!! Not only was it delayed for a LONG time, it was delivered by UPS to the wrong HOUSE!!! Now EVERYONE knows I'm on Medifast...so much for confidentiality!!! Hahaha!!
Anyways, the package weighs exactly 18.5 lbs, which is pretty heavy, because I thought it would be light, and airy, JUST LIKE ME!!! When you open up the big, big box, you have all of your foods separated into little boxes, each of which has 7 meals in it. You get 5 Medifast meals each day AND you get a "lean and green" meal, too, which consists of basically protein and veg. They give you a list of proteins and veg from which to choose. SO, I did the math (hahaha) and I divided all the boxes up into days (5 meals a day, each box has 7 days, so each day gets 5 boxes -- don't ask me how long THAT took!) I then took 1 packet from each of the 5 boxes and put it in a plastic bag, thus dividing everything into 28 self-contained meal bags. Now all I have to do is grab one, and my day is planned. I LOVE IT!!
My original trial package has oatmeal, soups, shakes, puddings, cappucinos, oatmeal bars, "chocolate" bars, chaii, and hot chocolate. So, each day, I have tried for an oatmeal, a soup, a shake, a pudding/bar, and a hot drink. Just to mix it up! They also give you a whole hockey sock full of supportive info, including a book and a quick reference guide and a meal tracker, and I have online support 24/7.
I'm really really stoked about this!!!
I'll let you know how tomorrow --- day ONE --- goes!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #51  
Onward and Downward

. . . Keep us posted.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #52  

Height: 5'5"

I am so excited for you, Freiamaya. The first week is the hardest, and after that, some sort of weird zen thing occurs and you find yourself having to remember to eat. My health advisor suggested setting a time schedule for when you will eat, basically every two and a half to three hours throughout the day. That really helps me remember now that my appetite is so low. Also, for the first few days, you may want to have a few of the pitiful snacks available for you -- such as the half cups of sugar free jello (ready made) if you eat gelatin, or celery or boullion. Just in case you get hungry.

Report back, I can't wait to hear. Oh, consider getting one of those wand style blending devices. Mine was twenty bucks and I use it constantly.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #53  
banned

I'm actually surprised that I GOt my package in the first place, because it was IT WAS DELIVERED TO THE WRONG HOUSE!!! Yup, so NOW my neighbors ALL know that I am on Medifast! I know this because the guy who got my package came to the door with his kid while trick-or-treating. So, in a crowd of kids and neighbors, this is what I hear from the sidewalk:
neighbor: "HI there! Did you get your PACKAGE?"
me: "Yes, thank you very much!"
neighbor two: "WHAT package? You got a PACKAGE?"
neighbor: "She sure DID. She's on MEDIFAST"
me: "Yes, THANK YOU, BYE NOW!"
neighbor three:"Medifast? Really?"
neighbor:"Yup. Came today."
neighbor four: "What's MEDIFAST? Is that that diet-thingee for fat people?"
neighbor:"SURE IS!!!"
me: "YES, THANK YOU, BYE NOW!!!!'
neighbor two: "humpf..."
-SLAM- (me shutting door!)
SO MUCH FOR CONFIDENTIALITY!!!
This whole thing just cracked me up!!!
ANYWAYS, I'll post later today to let you know how my day went!
Maya
Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #54  
banned

Oh, and thanks for the advice. I've set a timer routine, so that even if I don't want to eat (at this point, Yeah, RIGHT! But I'll be positive and hang in there - just the cynic in me peeking out!) I'll be used to doing so. What I really, really like is that the nutritional info is on each pack. Now that sounds weird, but most "real food" diets (i.e. not packaged) involve alot of calorie counting, fat gram calculations, carb numbers, and quite frankly, more effort than I am able to give right now. With Medifast, I can see exactly what I'm getting, and with their members' website, I can track my nutrients and vitamins, etc.. so at least I know I'm getting everything in. I know that I will have to develop a NORMAL relationship with food, but for right now, Medifast is quite a relief...

Thanks all for your support!
Maya
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #55  

Default Today Is My First Medifast Day Too!!!

I am so excited.....I've been up since 3:30 (I leave the house @ 4:30), so far I'm not hungry, previously I've been know to chew my arm off by 10am. I've had the Capuccino & the choc mint bar....YUM! This is my first day, I have about 70 lbs to lose. (Ihave to update my ticker....it's from my Nutrisystem attempt last year). I feel this is something I can stick with, simply because of its ease and hassle-free food, and so far the stuff is good & filling for me.

Good luck to all first day-ers! (and everyone else, too!)
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #56  
banned

TOTALLY MY FIRST DAY TOO!!! Way to go! Keep us posted!
SO encouraging!!!
Maya
"peace, love, serenity..."
Old 11-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #57  

Yes, please keep us posted on your progress. Karen and Maya I am eager to see how you are doing.

This is day 28 for me and I am even more enthusiastic now than I was when I started. I guess because I have lost 19 pounds. YES! My energy levels are through the roof.

I just placed next month's order, and I focused on the hot cocoa, since that is delicious. I also ordered a couple of cases of the RTD because there are times that it would be more convenient to just grab something already in a container and run out the door without having to mix something up on the road.

This really works!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #58  

How long does it take to get the package from the date you first place your online order? I live in California so it wouldn't have to go through customs. I just put in my order yesterday and can't wait to get started!

Thanks!
Sarah
Old 11-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . my doctor doesn't think it would be a great idea to start Medifast right now since I've just come off the insulin and he figures we should see how my blood glucose levels behave for a bit before tryign something new . . . he did say "maybe" for January. Soooooo . . . in the meantime, I'm just going to have to live vicariously through you.

Wow KAREN and SARAH . . . I had to read your posts over again . . . thought I was seeing double there for a minute. Hey, at my age, we get confused easily.

I will pop-in to cheer you on from time to time, girls.

Last edited by meowee; 11-01-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #60  

The website says 5-7 days. But I paid extra for three day UPS, which was a minimal additional charge.
Closed Thread