OK, so here goes with Medifast - Page 7 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #91  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi MC! DEFINITELY let's do this together! 100% committment -- until Christmas, at least! I think I have it a bit easier than you, because your thanksgiving is coming up. What a tough time!!!
Later, everyone
Maya
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #92  

I love this diet

I figure I have 40 years of thanksgiving crap

This year I will eat lean (turkey) & green veggies for my T giving

when I get smaller & can wear my old clothes again. then next year I can eat
thanksgiving. this year is my year to be thin & stay on plan

you have to stay on plan or it wont work & you get a set back
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #93  
banned

Excellent! Lucky for me, my Thanksgiving was in early October. My only challenge will be Christmas, but since DH is out of country and my family is all out West, I think I'll stay here in Ontario!
Meowee, did you lose power because of the storm? Are you OK from the storm???
Maya
Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #94  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Noel wasn't too bad -- at least to me -- everything is still standing and no power outages for my little neighbourhood. Overall, though this section of Nova Scotia was pretty badly hit. On a five minute drive to the post office I counted 7 trees and 3 fences down. Many people were still without power as of this morning.

Today was beautiful -- about 10C/50F and lots of great sunshine -- I've been out and about most of the day.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Particularly good to hear that you actually like everything so far, Maya. Keep up the great work, gang . . .
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #95  
zay

Hi there Medifasters. I have used Medifast in the past but have just restarted/recommited. I want to share something that I've been doing and its wonderful. I take...
one env of chocolate pudding with 8 oz of liquid. Liquid could be coffee or water with liquid Davinci or splenda to sweeten a bit. 7 regular ice cubes and blend for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. The volume is huge and it is so delicious. You could do this with vanilla or banana puddings also. I won't be buying shakes anymore.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #96  
banned

Sounds absolutely DELISH!!! I'll try that tomorrow!!!
I'll let you know how it goes
Maya
Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #97  

Height: 5'5"

Yum! I'm going to try that, too. Did you see the recipe for chocolate pie, using MF oatmeal as crust and MF pudding as filling? Just thinking about it is giving me a thrill. I think I will make some tomorrow, if I can figure out a way to keep under my condiment budget.

I am having a very hungry day for some reason. But the ketostix are telling me I am still in ketosis, so that's not it. Hey, maybe I really am hungry?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #98  
banned

Hi!
Haven't seen the recipes...
I have ketostix, but I'm not going to use them. I think you need to stay under 100g carbs per day to stay in mild ketosis, and since I'm on plan 100% and don't have snacks, it would be just one more thing to obsess about (am I IN? Why NOT? Will this WORK?...you get the idea). Just my own personal quirk. As for hunger, well, I've been on such diets before, and I assure you that MY hunger never went away. Even when I was using ketostix every single day. I was ALWAYS hungry. I'm not so much on this diet, because of the eating every 2-3 hours. I get ravenous, check the time, and HEY it's time to eat! What a relief! The other diet I was on was sheer white-knuckling it and battling hunger EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Now, not so bad!
Day 7 tomorrow, then a weigh-in and we'll see the numbers. Stressful! What if it doesn't WORK? What if I've lost 2 LBS? When will the weight COME OFF??? Welcome to my sad little world
Maya
Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #99  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
I am having a very hungry day for some reason. But the ketostix are telling me I am still in ketosis, so that's not it. Hey, maybe I really am hungry?
I just realized this morning that if I am in ketosis like Medifast is supposed to kick me into, then I can verify with my Keto stix (from low carb diet days...).

Well, I am in moderate ketosis! Yeah! But I haven't dropped any weight in the last couple days :-(. Maybe I need to stop weighing everyday?

Today is day 7 and the weight is the same. I am still craving foods (psychological?). It's still hard to cook for everyone else.

How's everyone else doing this morning?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #100  

They said they shipped my first box yesterday. Woo Hoo!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 AM   #101  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
Hi MC! DEFINITELY let's do this together! 100% committment -- until Christmas, at least! I think I have it a bit easier than you, because your thanksgiving is coming up. What a tough time!!!
Later, everyone
Maya
Ok then. It's official. But why would you want to do this only until Christmas? I'm gonna keep going!

But honestly, I figure that I am going to cheat at Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The rest I can handle. I'm going to devise a plan though. I'll be working out for a few hours the day before and the day after these holidays. That way, anything that I might gain will be covered by the extra calories burned through exercise.

It may not sound like a sound plan, but I need to become more aware of my intake of calories, and if I want to eat something that is "not diet food" per say, then I will need to up the exercise to cover the extra calories.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . . . . sounds like everybody is doing great. As long as you re all staying as OP as you possibly can, eventually the scale will tell you what you want to hear. Stop being so OC, gang -- the stress will make you feel even more hungry . . .
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #103  

Height: 5'5"

My health advisor said that if you stay on program, you will lose weight. Her example was that our children are growing, even though from day to day we may not see a change in their measurements.

Maya, I will be checking for your weight.

I am very happy -- I'm down 22 pounds, which means I lost ten percent of my weight from the time I started at 215. My dh says he doesn't see any difference, but I feel a big difference in my energy and comfort.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Congrats Letting! (Vigorus Hand Clapping)
22 Pounds whoo-hoooo
I discovered something last night I was mixing my choc shake and wishing I had some flavor drops or that sugar free syrup .
I found some good-value raspberry ice water flavor ( 0 calories) and added half a packet to my choc shake....Yum!
Everyone have a good day!
Fab50TX
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #105  
zay

Hello Medifasters! I'm just starting my third day and down another 1.5 lbs. I'm down 4 total. I'm feeling good. Have my meals all planned out and my water bottles lined up Have a great day.
Closed Thread