Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 236/223/180

Hi everyone,

Well after my disastrous event at the movies, I was hesitant about doing my 2 week weigh in, I guess the numbers may have been a little better if I hadn't eaten the popcorn but I have lost 9 lbs, so I can't complain too much!

Slender- congratulations on the great success you've had, I just have one question what is RTD?

We got hit with some snow here again in Ontario, but not as much as last week, so no snow day today! Have a great day

Terry
Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #242  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

We are having a very rainy and windy day . . . but the temperature was already up to 14c / 57F by 9 am . . . weird . . . I'd rather have colder and at this time of year.

Have a great day . . .
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #243  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
Cold and rainy and miserable -- time for some Hot Cocoa!
As for the RTD question, I think that refers to the Medifast "Ready To Drink" shakes that you can buy -- just pop the top and enjoy, vs water/powder and shake away!
Not much happening here, except that I HAVE PLATEAUed, exactly 4 weeks into the program! Minimal/NO loss for the past two weeks (down maybe 0.2lbs over 14 days...and I'm ON PLAN 100%!). And I'm bummed. I get so worried that I won't lose ANYTHING. That I'm DOOMED to be this weight forever. I'm really discouraged...

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-27-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everyone!

Maya - Don't get discouraged. I'll bet if you think about it and check it out...you're loosing lots of inches even though the scale may not be moving right now! Your body is just probably saying ok ...couple weeks of this MF stuff...i s she serious.... Let's slow things down a while and see how serious the girl really is.... So it starts holding on to everything it can. BUT once it gets the message and knows for sure that this is all the food/calories it's going to get on a daily basis.... it will get over it and start shedding those lbs. again. This is your new norm! Don't give up! Hang in there!

I don't know about you, but I was consuming some pretty hefty quantities of food before this MF plan. The fact we are able to do it "cold turkey" (please excuse the analogy)... without killing someone or holding someone up to steal their fried chicken, burgers and fries, etc. etc. on the street or at the office at gun point, is in itself a major accomplishment.

Please don't get discouraged. You are winning the battle over a lot of things on this program. The scale is only one of the measuring sticks!

Last edited by mzroz; 11-27-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Hang in there Maya,
we are all here with you!
I need to bake some oatmeal "muffins" from the defragged lady's receipe, the oatmeal goes down much better for me that way, plus it is portable! Don't leave them out on the counter because they will get moldy real fast.
Due to small crisis with my car this morning after work, waiting for the towtruck etc. I only ended up consuming 3 with my LG, I was just so beat that I couldn't stay up anymore and just went to bed. Sometimes I don't get all 5 meals down somedays. Anyone else?
Fab50TX
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #246  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Arrow

Maya--I'm so sorry you are having a bad day/week. I know we are all sending silent support and strength your way--just like we have all felt from you!

Tex--thanks anyway about checking for veggie swapables. I will try your advice and contact MF directly about it.

Lettingslenderin--yes, I am the vegetarian. MF still seems like one of the best options for me. Actually I general don't eat fake meat products--but I'm discovering that I really like a few of them. Who knew?!

Tomorrow is my official weigh-in and the beginning of Week 3. I'm down 2 lbs. so far this week, but am hoping the total will be 3. Anyhoo--I'll let you all know tomorrow and adjust my slider accordingly.

My Thanksgiving was very cool (I can thank MF for such a great excuse to not eat my sister-in-law's cooking ). Most of my week was spent with my loving but drooly/germy 4-year-old nephew attached to me. Good thing he's cute. Now: I am quite sick. I don't know what anyone else does when on MF and suffering with an awful cold but I highly recommend heating water with sea salt gargling and snorting it -- that's right, with a teaspoon. It may sound odd but breathing is so fun.

Until tomorrow,
Carol
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #247  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Good morning all:
Quick announcement before I head into work--
I lost 4 lbs. this week! I was totally surprised and very pleased!

So after two weeks with MF I've lost 7 lbs. total.

Thank you all for your support. We can do this and we can keep going!

Have a great day,
Carol
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Re: Sister in Laws Cooking

What a hoot! LOL! I wish I could say the same! Way to go camo!
Hope you feel better soon!
Fab50TX
Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #249  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Medifast has arrived! I was out West for a week after ordering it on the 19th and it was here by the 26th and stashed in my barn/garage! I'm a bit confused over the one week free package which seems to have cost $75. I'll call later.

Now - my dilemma - do I start it now or after Christmas? Opinions? Next month will be a bit of a social whirl but it sure would be great to get weightloss started again. Whaddaythink?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #250  
banned

Boy, Ms Ruth! This is a toughie, for sure!!!
I think that when you start will depend completely on whether or not you are a "hard core" MFer (hahaha!) or a "life happens" MFer. IF you have an all-or-nothing mindset, it might be best to start when you won't have quite so many food challenges to face. And we all know that December is FULL of them! If you are a "life happens" MFer, then start right away! Just be aware that the intent of the diet is to put you in a "fat burning" mode and that extra carbs/calories will make the diet not quite so effective. IF you are on plan, say, 60% of the time in December, you most likely WILL lose weight but NOT at the rate that MF advertises. SO in short:
FOR BEST result, you need to be 100% OP, so maybe after Christmas!
IF SPEED isn't the issue, you can go on MF, lose SOME lbs (not optimal!) and start right away.
IF plan B is your option, avoid advertising this on the MF support boards! You WILL get flamed, you WILL be told that you HAVE to be 100% OP by a number of vocal "hard-core" MFers (hahaha), but you WILL have support from others, too. Personally, I don't think posting your intentions on the MF board would be worth the aggra!
And, like I've said before, as far as I'm concerned on THIS thread, you can do as you please and still get positive support here!
'Morning Ms. Meowee! Hi everyone else!!!!! Way to go, Ms. Cam! And HI to all you Texans -- hope things are going well, too!!!!
Chucked my scales in the attic - lets see what happens...
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-29-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #251  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick This is my second day of feeling like a piece of garbage. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everyone!

Meowee! So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself.

Maya Can I send my scale to you! I'm ready to throw it out the window! Its stuck!!! but I am down two sizes in my pants..

Ruthxxx For me the costs of this stuff is a primary consideration. So personally I would wait until I could use it getting the most for my $$. AND as Maya basically said.... You have to do what works best for you! Either way you'll get support here!

Camorgana Way to go!

Hang in there everybody!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #253  
BPO

S/C/G: 171/164/125

Height: 5'3''

Ruth - My MF invoice showed that I was also charged $75 for my "free" week. When I called customer care they confirmed my original payment (less the $75 for the free week and free book than what the invoice showed) and what the invoice says. Apparently they're having system issues that shows a charge for the book and free week but in the end it's not charged (just on the packing slip). I would however call to confirm, hope this helps ease your mind on it a bit

Last edited by BPO; 11-29-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #254  
banned

My SIL had the same thing. Best thing to do is check to see how much your credit card was actually charged. The packing slip WILL say you've been charged, but check your credit card, because these two costs won't appear on them!
Maya
Ms Meowee, hope you feel better soon!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #255  
Onward and Downward

Well, here it is the last day of November and I'm still feeling a little 'iffy'. Hope tomorrow I get to start the month feeling normal -- or as close to normal as I ever get.

See you later . . .
Closed Thread