Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 203/203/170

Default Hi from a Medifast vet!

Just wanted to say hello and cheer all you MFers (lol) on!!

I lost 51 lbs. on MF this year. Made my goal in June, maintained for a while, then lowered my goal a bit, went back on 5&1 and lost 8 more.

Now I'm back doing transition again.

Just wanted to say this plan works and I want to encourage you all!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Great news, Chickie . . . and . . . really great to hear that the maintenance side of MF works, too. So often that does not seem to be the case.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 203/203/170

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I was worried about keeping it off too. There a lot of us MFers maintaining these days... I think they've improved their transition plan a lot from the old days, it takes 2-3 months now so you really learn a healthy diet. And a lot is mental... I read a lot of books like Thin for Life and the Beck Diet Solution to get my head in gear.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #109  

Height: 5'5"

Yes, the mental part is critical to any diet. I have not read Beck yet, but it is on my list.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #110  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, and a big shout out to those of you who just posted here! This is kind of an unbiased log of my experiences with the Medifast life and diet. Just because I thought it might be interesting. Or not!! You decide.
OK EVERYONE!
Today is the official start of my second week. My thoughts on the first week? Well, in short:
1. I have yet to find a meal that I don't like. Whether or not this is because Medifast makes delicious meals OR because I have faulty tastebuds is highly debatable! Even the fake strawberry, fake peach, and fake banana-flavored products are quite palatable! Which is surprising to me. What I HAVE noticed is that most of the hot meals (soups, stews, etc.) are actually quite bland. Which is understandable. So I add a few drops of hot Madras sauce to them which really perks them up. And, the oatmeal in particular has an odd bitter aftertaste, too. But that is easily managed by adding 1 tsp of Splenda and some cinnamon. Besides, lots of people like and dislike certain products, for sure. The nice thing is that there are over 50 products to choose from so when you customize your meal packages you can get what you like. That feature is one that I appreciate!
2. I HAVE experienced hunger. I get ravenous usually 2-3 hours after a meal. FORTUNATELY, I am supposed to eat every 2-3 hours anyways, so when I get really, really hungry, I have another Medifast meal. All in all, I don't feel deprived at all.
3. Eating every 2-3 hours for me has made it easy to conquor food challenges. Like last night. The weekly neighborhood ladies met, and there is ALWAYS a huge amount of home-baked goodies available. I arrived there yesterday, to be met by the hostess who literally shoved a plate of pineapple shortcake in my hand. I said "no, thanks" and she said "HERE". Since this meeting seems to be a way for the seniors in our group to entertain and cook, it is SO rude to refuse. So, I took the plate, and managed to ditch the dessert without notice (I had to wrap it up in a napkin and shove it in my pocket!). She then gave me a piece to take home, which I immediately ditched, too! Not to be rude, but I really want to be 100% on plan. My point is that I had a chocolate pudding waiting for me at home, so it made refusing the treats that much easier. And the chocolate pudding is exceptionally good!
4. Quick results!
Here it is, ladies! After ONE WEEK at 100% compliance, I have lost a total of................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................. 10 lbs!!!!!
Yup, 10 lbs gone!
I know alot of that is water and glycogen due to the lower carb content of my diet, but STILL. 10 lbs is a great motivator! If I can lose an average of 2 lbs per week I'll be thrilled.
So, there you have it. Week 1 over, and week 2 started. More to follow,
Maya
Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #111  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Ok so today is day 8 for me. I still weigh the same. However, I can tell that I have lost inches. I just tried on a pair of pants that 2 weeks ago did not fit me in any way. I would not have worn them in public. Today, while still snug, they fit better and are suitable for public wearing, lol.

I just wish that I would have taken my measurements before this journey. It appears like that is going to be the big indicator for me.

Yesterday evening my keto stix said that I was at a large level (second to the darkest on the scale baby!). This morning, it is back to moderate.

Had you told me a year ago that eating 85 carbs would send one into ketosis, I'd have said you were nuts! Who knew that it doesn't have to be restricted to 20 carbs? I'm happy.

My body is starting to feel better. But I've noticed that some have complained of dry skin. Me too! I just thought that it was the drastic change in the weather, but it must be my medifast. I have some fish oil in the fridge. I will start taking it....
Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Wink Hello Everyone!

I have sooooo enjoyed reading all of your posts! I started last Wed. And I am down 8 lbs. As long as I keep to the schedule of every 2-3 hours I am fine. I am type 2 Diabetic and have already noticed a drop in my sugar levels. I'm looking forward to reading and posting each day!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #113  

HI I have been on the program for awhile too & I have had fantastic success

Its never been so easy

You dont have to use Ketostixx. They dont work. I use to try them all the time & I would get so fraustrated

Nutrtion support said its such a mild form of ketosis that it wont register

Looks like you are an over acheiver. Careful that you dont go to low

this is NOT a low carb diet. Its a special diet fomula that works
Old 11-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #114  

MAYA!!!! Ten pounds in one week???? Are you doing the happy dance all over the place? Plus you like the food! I am sooo proud of you! You husband's jaw is going to drop to the floor when he sees you.

MCZ, that seems very odd that you had no weight loss after a week. You may want to double check the quick start manual to make totally sure that you are 100% on plan with no exceptions. Little things make a big difference. I know you can do this.

Mzroz -- you lost eight pounds your first week and helped improve your diabetes in that short period of time?

Thinchicsoon, I use the ketostix every day, just for fun! I like the fast feedback. But you are right, Nutritional support discourages them.

Is it just me, or is this diet just awesome? And easy? And cheap?

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 11-08-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #115  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi! It is cheap! It is easy! I'm doin' the happy dance!!!!
And I don't use Ketostix. I'm an obsessive-type of person, and that for me would be just one more thing to get obsessed over. SO, I'm going for 100% on plan until Christmas! The weight will follow...
Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Maya

"No excuses..."
Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #116  
mcz1970

Ok. So I found out that we can have different "lean" choices than what I was eating. I went to the store and bought some Morning Star Farms Grilled Veggie Burgers. I had 2 of them and a can of green beans for my lean and green. The veggie burgers have 5 carbs apiece in them and had me worried. But Medifast says you can eat them, so I did. I lost 1 pound! Maybe I just needed to change it up a little? Don't know.

So that's 8 pounds in 8 days. Kewel.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #117  
mcz1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinchicsoon View Post
HI I have been on the program for awhile too & I have had fantastic success

Its never been so easy

You dont have to use Ketostixx. They dont work. I use to try them all the time & I would get so fraustrated

Nutrtion support said its such a mild form of ketosis that it wont register

Looks like you are an over acheiver. Careful that you dont go to low

this is NOT a low carb diet. Its a special diet fomula that works
I've been following the diet to the letter. I am not an over acheiver. I take in all my meals like I'm supposed to. I am well aware that if my calories drop too low that I will stop losing. The only difference is that grilled chicken has a trace of carbs while the veggie burgers have 5 carbs apiece.

My keto stix are left over from doing the low carb thing a year ago. And Medifast is a low carb diet. Where did you hear that it wasn't???? My ketosis does register. Everyone is a little different. Maybe the nutritionist would like to come and watch me pee on a stick? Just kidding. But seriously, it does register. I'd not have believed it myself, had I not seen it with my own eyes. I've always been sensitive to low carb diets. When I used to do Adkins, I could go into ketosis within 24 hours, NOT 48 which is common.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #118  
mcz1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
Hi! It is cheap! It is easy! I'm doin' the happy dance!!!!
And I don't use Ketostix. I'm an obsessive-type of person, and that for me would be just one more thing to get obsessed over. SO, I'm going for 100% on plan until Christmas! The weight will follow...
Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Maya

"No excuses..."
I am sooooo happy for you!! Keep it up! It is cheap when one considers how much weight that one can lose on this plan!

Here's a couple of dancing carrots for ya...
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #119  
mcz1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
MCZ, that seems very odd that you had no weight loss after a week. You may want to double check the quick start manual to make totally sure that you are 100% on plan with no exceptions. Little things make a big difference. I know you can do this.
lettingslenderin,

I must have not been clear. I lost 7 pounds in 4 days and THEN didn't lose anything for 3 days. I guess that I expected for the weight to continue to drop off at such a fast pace and was frustrated when it didn't. It was probably water weight. But I lost another pound as of this morning, so that's 8 lbs in 8 days. Not too shabby.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #120  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . . on those successes, gang.
Closed Thread