Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Since I'm diabetic, I'm dropping off information to my doctor today and will wait until he gets back to me before I decide . . . I've printed off the Medifast for Diabetes program manual to read in the meantime.

They have three levels for diabetics and if the doctor says follow level three, I probably won't do it, because it's very little difference from what I am doing already -- 1400 to 1600 calories -- basically just using Medifast (expensive) for snacks and to augment green meals instead of normal stuff (much cheaper).

Hopefully he'll get back to me fairly quickly -- he's usually pretty good about things like that.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! As in Nova Scotia, Kingston is absolutely FABULOUS! Sunny, warm, GREAT FALL DAY! If it was like this all winter, I'd be thrilled!
Anyways, Meowee, as for the diabetic program, I think alot depends on if you are insulin-dependant or not (Type 1 or Type 2). Lets hope for encouraging news!
And lettingslenderin, well, I'll let you know how I like things! I've read mixed reviews about the soups and oatmeals, and quite frankly the thought of eggs in a foil pouch makes me want to gag, but my plan is to try things 4 times before throwing in the towel. In the meantime, I'll stock up on boullion, but Crystal Lite upsets my stomach, so I can't drink it (unless I want to clean out my lower GI tract, which may not be a bad idea
Anyways, the rep said my package would arrive tomorrow, but if it arrives before Thursday, I'll be thrilled!
Here's keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-22-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #18  
Onward and Downward

According to the Medifast site . . . even they (Medifast) do not recommend their own programme for Type I's.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #19  
banned

Here's hoping your MD gives you the "thumbs up"!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I am really surprised how few people on 3FC are on Medifast. It is so motivating to have less hunger and more success. I started October 5, see my ticker.

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-24-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #21  
banned

OK, so I am on HOLD right now while the Medifast support center is trying to track down my initial order!!!! I must confess that I am anxious to start -- I just need my meals!!!! It seems like an eternity. And if I have to listen to the elevator version of "I Only Have Eyes For You" played ONE MORE TIME, I am surely going to SCREAM!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #22  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
Yes, I am really surprised how few people on 3FC are on Medifast.
We had a good (though short term) experience with Medifast, but I think most dieters are always going to prefer something more traditional. Our forum community is made of of mainly those people, so I don't think we'll ever see an increase in the number of members on Medifast or similar plans. However, we try to provide a home for a variety of diets, especially since most dieters tend to "diet hop" and try different things until they find that one special method that works for them. This way they can stay on one website while while they explore different diets
Old 10-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #23  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
OK, so I am on HOLD right now while the Medifast support center is trying to track down my initial order!!!!
Oh no! I think I had received a tracking number by email when I placed my order, or maybe it was in my order history on the medifast website. From there I could trace it via UPS. Did they give you a tracking number?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #24  
Onward and Downward

Hmmmmmm . . . sounds like a few Canada Customs Officers are going to be losing weight this week. . . . All kidding aside, FREIAMAYA, hope it shosw up really soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #25  
banned

Well, they said the package has been mailed by UPS, but they won't "get the tracking number until Friday". I said that if it has gone by UPS, there will be a tracking number. UPS won't give you a number later on, so has it really been sent? I want to know if the package is in Customs - although if sent by UPS or FedEx, the delay is absolutely minimal. The thing is that because I am from The Great White North, I can't order from the website. Hence, there is no email/on-line account info that I can track from the privacy of my comfy computer chair. SO, here's hoping for TOMORROW. I am really anxious to get going to get these lbs GONE...I'll keep everyone informed! Thanks for cheering me on!

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-24-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #26  

Height: 5'5"

I hope your package arrives soon. I got a tracking number and my stuff has always arrived promptly.

Suzanne, that's interesting. It looks like Jenny Craig is wildly popular, though.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Morning everybody . . .
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi! I've thought about this too but am anxiously awaiting UPS to deliver to Kingston. Freiamaya, I'm just 50 minutes from you and pop into Kingston often.
If they can find Kingston, will they be able to find Delta?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #29  
banned

Morning Meowee, and everyone else!
Ruthxxx, I think that if money is involved, UPS can find you ANYWHERES!!! My fingers are crossed, and so are my toes, in hopes that my elusive package will ARRIVE TODAY!!! I'm even afraid to eat anything, because IF it arrives today, I can start the day fresh, on plan, from scratch. Of course, UPS can arrive anytime until around 4pm. It's going to be a long, long, LONG day....

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-25-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #30  
banned

STILL no package!!!
I'll call tomorrow to see where it is. Darn it, I REALLY wanted to start as soon as possible...sigh....
Closed Thread