S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there gang . . .
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #197  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Meowee. Hi everyone!
I haven't read the Beck Diet solution yet...sounds intriguing. Ms. Letting, can you give a synopsis of what the book is about?
Good morning, or afternoon as the case may be!, to all the rest.
Tomorrow is my official WEIGH-IN day...
Here's hoping for SOME loss, but I am resigned to the 3rd-week slow-down...
Maya
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #198  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Hello, Friends!
I have completed a full week now. I am pleased.
I'm going to say that my official loss total is 3 lbs. I don't know for certain as I am at my sister-in-law's house on this my official weigh in day AND she doesn't have a scale. However, as of yesterday morning the total was 3 lbs.
I brought all of my powder packs with me for the five days I'm here (in Philadelphia) and even "borrowed" a commerical cooler at the airport to make some pudding yesterday.
But, Good Lord, I've never been at an airport and not been able to have a pre-flight adult beverage--that was a big drag for me. I did survive, though.
I know my 1st week total isn't as exciting as some, but I'm o.k. with it. I do plan to add a bit of exercise to help me keep the ticker sliding. I was a little too tired to do much this week as I adjusted to the minimal available calories to burn. I'm feeling good now and plan to stay on MF until mid-February. I want to give myself 3 months with it. Then of course, figure out a good transition/maintennance regiment.

Last edited by camorgana; 11-21-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #199  
banned

Hi!
Way to go on your loss!!! It sounds like your expectations are realistic, too. The official MyMedifast site has a great transition program available. All of the transition info is that you need is on the MyMedifast site, just to help you out.
Anyways, HANG IN THERE to everyone on your TURKEY DAY. Holidays are truly, truly difficult, and despite the best of intentions, slipups DO happen. SO, the best thing is to get OVER them and get right back into the program. Be as strong as you can be, forgive yourself if you slip, and just get right back into it!!!
Later!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-21-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everybody

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to say to those of us celebrating Thanksgiving... Have a happy LEGAL one! Have enjoyed reading all the posts! Looks like we have all come up with a plan that will work for us. Hang in there everybody!

Talk to you later!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #201  
banned

Happy TurkeyDay!!!!
Be as good as you can be, everyone!!!
Maya
Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 236/223/180

Hi everyone,

Well it's day 8 for me and I have lost 7 lbs! finding the whole thing relatively easy, except for the BRUTAL headaches! I have read that this is a common side effect, the first week and I am hoping that they will soon pass, but in the meantime, I am going through a lot of advil! Anyone else here experience this?

Happy thanksgiving to all my American friends, I'm glad I don't have to worry about all that food until Christmas! : Have a wonderful evening!

Terry
Old 11-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #203  
banned

Yup, Ms Slim -- KILLER headaches for exactly 2 weeks. Still get the occasional headache, but I'm not going to worry about it! LOVE the Motrin!
Maya
Old 11-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #204  
Onward and Downward

HAPPY DAY to all my US buddies . . . and a great big HI for everybody else, too.

Even if you can't feel bushy-tailed . . . hope you are all really bright-eyed all day . . . extra should help.

Have a great one, gang . . .
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #205  
banned

Hi Meowee!
I wish I could run like the turkey in your post!
Happy TURKEYDAY, our southern friends (unless, of course, you live in Windsor, where the US is actually NORTH of you!!!!)!
Well, the weight loss slow down has officially begun! ONLY 1 lb this week. I am alternating between being CRUSHED and being OPTIMISTIC. I SO want to lose 10 lbs a week, but who doesn't? And I know that these type of phenomenal numbers are usually reserved for those of us with a larger amount to lose, I understand. But part of me just wants the weight off. NOW.
The optimistic side says "hey, you'll have a better result next week!" and then the pessimistic side says "yeah, RIGHT"!
What a struggle! I think I'll have to give up my scales! I have to keep in mind that my ONLY goal is to be on plan 100% until Christmas. Because, lets face it, Christmas doesn't mean PIG-OUT, but I think I would be foolish not to recognize the role and ritual that family dinners on very special occasions play in one's life. My mom won't be here forever (she's 82) and loves to see us enjoy our old family traditions on that day. I know she'd understand, but for someone of her generation and her backgroud (Ukranian), food plays a huge part in life. She knocks herself out for us, and to refuse to eat would be, at this point and IMHO, cruel. She looks forward to the season, and does her best to bring back the sense of Christmas that we had as kids and that she had as a child through the tradition of food. Anyone else face a similar challenge?
SO, I'll just plug along, and do the best that I can.
Meowee, we have had about 2 inches of freezing rain here -- I hate it!!!!
Maya
Old 11-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #206  
Onward and Downward

Come on MAYA, brighten up. You knew it would happen and you know in your heart of hearts that ten pounds a week is really stretching it (although we all love to hope). Look on the bright side . . . and there certainly is a 56 pound bright side, Chickie. . . .
Old 11-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #207  
banned

I know you are right, Ms Meowee. Just my pessimistic curmugeounly side taking over. I knew there would be a slow-down, and I am grateful for every pound lost, and I am not complaining, I AM whining just a bit. I'll get over it!
Thanks!
Oh, and I updated my ticker -- that's 57 lbs lost!!!
Thanks!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-22-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 236/223/180

Hey Maya,

Cheer up! I can understand how you feel, I'm sure I will feel exactly the same when my slow down begins but try to stay positive, I'm sure next week will be a different story! Whining is allowed, I feel so yucky this week I feel like doing some whining too, I'm very lightheaded and having a lot of headaches and really craving something crunchy! Celery just isn't cutting it, I wish I had some of those soy crisp thingys.

57 pounds is terrific!!! How long did it take you to lose that? Was it all on Medifast?

You had freezing rain today eh? We got dumped with 6 inches of snow!
my daughter was thrilled, she had her first snow day of the school year!

Take care,
Terry
Old 11-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #209  
banned

SNOW DAYS! We NEVER had them out West, that I can recall...
Ms. Slim, I lost about 65lbs in a matter of a five months on a KILLER Dr-supervised, very expensive weight-loss program. You've probably heard of it. If you ever consider this program, RUN AWAY FROM IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN! I still have nightmares...but that's another story. Because my wallet was empty, but mostly because I was only allowed to eat 452 calories a day, my weight-loss plateaued for a while. Which was because I was starving myself. I did this diet in 2004. I quit the program after a "discussion" with the staff there because I was concerned about my super-low calorie intake. As a result, I immediately regained 15lbs back because there was no transistion plan and because I have an undying love of chocolate and pizza, but have been able to maintain a total weight loss of 50 lbs since then. BUT, at this point, I do have a ways to go, still, and found Medifast through this forum.
I chose Medifast because of the results reported, because you can actually EAT something, and finally because my DH is away in a Middle Eastern country (Can't name it! But you know where!) until May, and having no kids (not able too -- boo!), I only have to look after myself. This, coupled with an impeding home renovation where I will lose my kitchen for 4 months, means that nutritionally balanced, microwavable meals without having to feed anyone else makes this a PERFECT opportunity! So, here I am!
My totals for the first three weeks are -14lbs. Which actually surpasses my best month with the loser-Dr. program, and best of all, I don't have to report into a clinic and get a needle in the butt 3 times a week! And Medifast is literally 1/4 of the cost. For the same, if not better results. And better food!
Anyways, I was off to Tim's this morning, but the freezing rain had hermetically sealed my Honda! Bummer! I'd take snow ANY day!
Caffiene withdrawl!!!!! Tomorrow, an xl coffee with a touch of milk. Tonight, MOTRIN!!!!
Your post brings up a great topic -- what led you to Medifast? Have you tried other diets before? Have you been successful???
Anyone wanting to post is more than welcome!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-22-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #210  
Onward and Downward

Morning . . .

TERRY . . . you've got to be kidding . . . how could anything be more satisfying than a wonderful stalk of celery . . .

MAYA . . . was that the wonderful Dr. B plan? My SIL did really well on that too until she actually had to start eating again. So temporary; so expensive; so unhealthy.

Nothing exciting for this Canuk today . . . weather is not too promising, so maybe I'll start the wrapping process. Must stay out of the kitchen . . . I get an almost overpowering urge to bake, bake, bake at this time of year -- that would be okay, except for the other almost overpowering urge to eat, eat, eat, that always seems to goes along with it.

Happy LEFTOVERS DAY . . . to the Yanks . . . who will probably all be out doing that "shop 'til you drop" thing today. Likely to be pretty quiet around 3FC.

Anyway . . . Try to keep things moving and shaking, today, gang.
Closed Thread