Old 09-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #136  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--school is fine--sometimes I am TOO available so too many people have things for me--fortunately (I guess) I have a kid today so I am "stuck" in my room--which is really a good thing--plus I get to play with you guys! The girls are LOVING school--I pray everyday it lasts. I am really proud of my oldest--she is in 4th and they really get a lot of "opportunities" to join little school groups that they haven't been able to join before and she is really jumping in and trying out different things. She is applying for a banking job and hoping for an interview--it's so cute--we have a local back that comes in and teaches the kids about saving $$ and they can open their own accounts and until they reach $25 (that's when they open a real account at the bank) the the interest they earn before the $25 all goes to children's charity--pretty neat program even if I explained it poorly! My 1st grader loves her teacher "she's so pretty"--I want to teach little ones--they are still so sweet!!

Hi Heather!! Good to see you!!

Hey Kayla--I'm with you--don't usually lose much but will probably try again--I keep thinking "this time".

Carol--that "sick and tired" feeling of buying bigger clothes is exactly what helped motivate me to lose--I simply REFUSED to go up in size--again! I was fat for so long my skinny jeans were completely out of style when I finally got close to them. Everyone here is sick of hearing about my new Lucky jeans but I sure love them--and DH is pretty fond of them, too! Trust me--you WILL get into them--and it will be worth every step you took to get there. Good Luck at WI today!

Hope you all have a POP day!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #137  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hey everyone,
After basically taking the month of August off (I think I just needed a break and we had lots of activities and vacation, etc...) I am BACK and ready to kick it in to gear again. What I did learn this last month is that I can really function well at maintaining - good to know for when I finally hit goal. I made good choices and never went crazy for the entire time, and I am a pound down from when I last weighed in on 8/7.

I'm heading into the COD tomorrow - any advice for how to handle them if they are snarky at me??? - and am ready to really kick back into gear. I think I'm going to do TO next Monday and Tuesday - I just CAN NOT do it over a weekend.

I am so pleased to see so many of you still here and doing so well. Gives my heart a lift!!!

More Later

Marilee
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #138  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Marilee--soo good to see you!!! Congrats on maintaining--actually losing--that is super. Good luck at the COD--remember you writes the checks--they have no right to get ugly about you taking some time--maybe they'll even just document those weeks as "on hold" and not dock you. Mine did. Glad you are back.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #139  
PurpleSunshine

Hi Marilee - so good to have you back around - I can definitely relate to the maintaining - although I still wanted to lose - it gives me a good feeling to know that I will be able to maintain IF I EVER get there!!!!

I'm back - going to do some heavy cardio today at lunch - trying to work more cardio in to burn those stubborn calories
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #140  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Good Morning, all!

Lea Ann, do you have a computer in your ISS room? That would make it so much easier to do - even if you can't go online and check with us as often as you would like! I can always find a spreadsheet to create, or something! I'm a freak, I know.....

Hi Marilee! Good to have you back! I sure wouldn't let them get down on you for taking time off. Sheesh - a girl's gotta live, right!

So, I read a while back that Katie started a new job, and I haven't seen her on here in my limited lurking the last few weeks.... what is her new job that keeps her away from us so much?
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #141  
PurpleSunshine

Lori -

Katie decided to take a position running a privately owned daycare and giving up her own business. I think they must be keeping her extremely busy b/c I haven't seen her around either. Her hours are something from 6-2 or somewhere around there - I'm suprised we haven't heard from her - maybe she is lurking!!

Katie - we miss you!!! Hope you are doing ok!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #142  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hi right back to you my girlfriends -
Heather - am excited for you with a new job - Congratulations- it's so hard to make a change, we all become comfortable where we are. Are you taking any time off before you begin?

Lea Ann - how goes your new job??? From what I've tried to catch up on, it sounds like it's been pretty good.

Lori - I missed you hitting your 50 lbs!! Whoo Hoo - did you get your new fire pit???

Katie - I'm with everyone else - MISS YOU!! Hope the new center is going good. Let us know, OK?

Barbara - where are you??? - wondering how you are doing?? Sending hugs!!!

Sommer - sorry about the sinus infection - that's just the pits. Hope you are feeling better soon. Am sending 'cyber' chicken noodle soup...

Am looking forward to getting to know all of you newbies - you are all so inspirational and focused. Awesome!!!(now I sound like I'm a teen-ager!!)
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #143  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang

Just wanted to share that this morning in the rain, I locked me and the kids out of the house. Had to Call Ex husband to pick up the kids for school, and had to call EX DF to unlock my house because my folks are out of town.

They both showed up at the same time!

Weird way to start the day. More later (after work and PTA meeting)

Hugs to all,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #144  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys! So nice to be loved. I just finally am able to get back on. I have been working 10-12 hours a day. I do have internet at work, and I have decided that I WILL take some time to get on while at work. I have missed you ladies more than I can say. I do not have time to go back in the posts, so I will say that I hope you are all doing well. Lets have a great POP day friends!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #145  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. I've been off since Friday, but I've been good considering the weekend that just passed. I am down almost 1 lb from last week, going on 5 lbs total since I've recommitted, and boy am I happy about that!

Cassi - 40 lbs!!!! Yeah Girl!

HeatherPP - Good news on the job front!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie - Great to see you again.

Joni, Deb, Pearl, Lea Ann, and all others I may have missed... !
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #146  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies-
Thanks for all the kudos on the jeans. Let me tell you though, they are in NO way my skinny jeans. I weighed about 185 when I got married. I was about 175 when I graduated from high school. The lowest I remember being in high school was 165, which I still have a pair of button fly levi's from then hanging on my closet door, those are my goal jeans and they are pretty much brand new because I only wore them a couple of times before I started gaining. Of course I would love to go lower than that, but we will see what happens when I get to that point.

Hey Marilee- Good to have you back!! No more sneaking off now you hear!!!!

Carol - GL at WI

Debbie & Kayla- You can also do TO with 4 oranges a day or cantalope too. I like the oranges because it makes me feel fuller longer.
I lost 5 lbs. the first time I did it and only lost 2 lbs. this last time. I will wait until I am stalled for more than a few days before I do it again.

Cassi- Torturing Oneself- -that's good!!!

Shannon- Congrats on the new little nephew!!

Sommer- Hope you are feeling better today.

Katie- You are still around! Sorry that you have been working so hard. Hopefully you can get settled down a little bit and join us more.

Jenni- I bet that was an weird situation... ..Bummer on getting locked out of your house, in the rain no less.

Carmen-Nothing like a steady loss to get you completely committed huh? You go girl!!!!

Lori, Lea Ann, HeatherPP, Lisa, Joni, Pearl, JM, Sherry-

Ok Beanie, Evette, HeatherCP, Britt, Rebeca, Kristi, Barb, Erin, and all the rest of you MIA and lurking chickies- Stop in and say HI

MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #147  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Carmen! It is great to see you too. We are having our final biggest loser WI tonight. My cousin is going to sweep the whole thing. She has lost around 35 lbs since the first of June. Just think, if I had not been dinking around all summer, I could have done that too. Oh well, Christmas, right?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #148  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Katie-

There wouldn't be anything left of you if you lost 35 pounds!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #149  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya Katie - Wow - sorry you are working so much!!! That sucks, but hopefully things will get to normal after you get settled in. Glad you were able to say helloo - don't them work you to death!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #150  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Ok, since we have so many new faces around here, I thought I'd bring this back up to the top and let some new faces join in too!

Quote:
by hckychik (Lori)

New LAWL fun
I know that posting this on a weekend will probably bury it, but hopefully we can spread the word.

One of the other message boards I belong to is holding it's 3rd annual holiday ornament exchange, and I thought it might be fun to organize something like that here.

Good grief - am I talking about December already? Gross! But, it does take some planning, so here goes:

It works like this. You PM me your real name, your real address and what type of ornaments you like. Then in October, I will send you the name and ornament preferences of an exchange buddy via PM. You would go out and buy or make an ornament for your buddy. Put a holiday card in it with your real name and 3FC name. All gifts must reach the person prior to a predetermined day in December. Then on a predetermined day in December we all will open our ornament. We will post a description of what we got and thank the sender.

We send the packages anonymously (no hints in the return address), and don't open them until the big day. The anticipation of looking at the mystery box and wondering who sent it, is almost as much fun as getting the ornament! Last year I got an ornament from Australia! And the year before, from Boston.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Just something you really like and think they would. It can be homemade or store bought.

I believe past participators had a great time with it. If you are interested please send me a PM.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote