Old 09-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #16  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Deb - thanks and !

Edited to Add - Debbie that is about the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. How blessed you are to have such a thoughtful and compassionate little man. You done good with him, chick!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #17  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Debbie-You brought tears to my eyes. Not many children around like that today. You did good!!!

Ok, just got this from Jillian- makes sense- Maybe it can help someone out....

Friday, September 1
Welcome to Losing It with Jillian Michaels, the newsletter designed to help you shed pounds, increase energy, and finally get fit for life!

Are You Eating Enough?
You're all trying not to go over your allotted calorie amounts for the week, but how many of you are having trouble eating enough calories? It may not seem like a big deal to consume a hundred or so fewer calories than you're supposed to each day, but that's a dangerous — and incorrect — assumption.
It is absolutely 100 percent essential to eat enough calories! If you don't, it will destroy your metabolism. It's like telling your body that you're starving. If your body thinks it's starving, your metabolism will shut down.
Not eating enough calories will also force the body to cannibalize muscle and hold on to fat. The body considers muscle to be expendable during periods of starvation, and it considers fat to be necessary to insulate your organs for survival.
Finally, a deficit of daily calories will lead to a horrible cycle of yo-yo dieting. You'll starve yourself and end up losing muscle, and when you begin to eat the right amount of calories, your body will pack on the pounds in anticipation of another "famine." What can you do to break the cycle? If you're a woman, set your calories at 1,400 steady — don't vary them. I almost NEVER say that, but in order to get your metabolism back up to speed and set your body right again, you're going to need consistency and time. Stay on this calorie allowance and exercise at least five hours a week. You probably won't lose weight for at least four weeks, but the good news is that you won't gain either, and hopefully we will have gotten your metabolism back on track permanently. After about four weeks or so, you should start to lose weight, and then you can begin to vary your daily calorie intake — as long as you never</I> drop below 1,200 calories. Now, go get something to eat!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Well, I'm one of those guilty east coast slackers. I didn't even realize it was a new month.

JM - WTG!! It always feels great when others notice (and SAYsomething) about our loss!!

Carmen - Have a great time at the concert tonight! Hope the weather holds up for you.

Debbie367 - WTG on your loss so far!! You will find lots of support & motivation here!

Carol - congrats on your loss! Have agreat time this weekend in Toronto, too. I haven't been to Toronto for --- (dare I say) 20 years!

Nagshead - Congrats on yourloss so far. Just remember, take one day at a time. Don't dwell on the past. You can do this!!

Pearl - Another loss for you! WTG!!

I hope everyone has a great remainder of the day, and a POP weekend!!

No major plans over here. My best friend from elementary school is coming into town, so I will do a cookout when she gets here.

Oh, BTW - did I tell you I got the job at the YMCA? I have orientation on 9/9. Yay!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #19  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sherry - Congrats on your new job at the Y.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #20  
FBD/8-18-08

Sherry - Congrats on your new job!!! Let us know how orientation goes!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #21  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Sherry! Congrats on the job at the Y. What will you be doing? I love my Y here in Charlotte. It's always busy, busy, with families and healthy adults. I enjoy going there just because the people are so nice. (But I still hate to work out.)

Well, I didn't make it to my WI and I just had a huge "cuppa", (tea) with EIGHT cookies. What was that all about???? Crazy....
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #22  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Just checking to see if I have figured this out. Thanks, Deb for all the help.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #23  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Debbie-got Xmas on the brain?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

I may have already asked this question already but I could find it anywhere that I did, I am having one of those days.... Since I cannot eat the LA Lites is there anything I can eat instead, like granola bars from the grocery? I love those and I know they don't hurt me.. any brand names would be appreciated!
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #25  
Let's try this again . .

Granola bars can't be substituted for lites-the protein isn't the same. If you're not doing the lites-you should have been moved up a plan and eating all "real food" and you can pick your "treats" from the allowed foods
Old 09-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Juliemarie - I am on the red plan and they know I can't eat the Lites. I just needed to know if I could eat anything like that, all I see in the food listed is granola cereal. I really like "granola" bars and was wondering if you could add these to the plan but didn't know how to count them.

Thanks
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #27  
Let's try this again . .

Well if your on the red plan-you should move up to red 1 . . . . . (or maybe you would have been on blue or purple and they already moved you up) but anyway-granola bars aren't on plan that I know of. Sorry. You can ask your center about it . . . .The biscotti they sell is really good and a good way to get a sweet fix if that's what you need.

Last edited by juliemarie; 09-01-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 450

Height: 5' 4"

Deb thanks alot, everyone has been really nice and I appreciate it

Debbie, hi and welcome. I just joined myself and everyone has been real nice, helpful, and motivating. I am not even in the LAWL program. Even though everone is still here to help. Good Luck and I'm sure you will be successful.

Last edited by Jeana6698; 09-01-2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: none
Jeana6698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #29  

The Biscotti's are a great sweet fix!! You can also try grilling some fruit like Peaches because they bring out the natural sugars in the food. Try mixing your fruit with either a yogurt or ff cool whip. You can also use light chocolate syrup, sugar free jello or look for some desert recipes in the cookbook!
kmah0734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #30  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey gals,
Thanks for the hugs! You all are a true blessing.... and thank you pearl for the lovely message. I actually hadn't cried at all today til I read it! (I did last night, mainly because of my son crying about it.

I don't remember who asked, but DF means Dear Fiance. I kinda made it up, although it may have been done before that I didn't know about... because everyone else seemed to have a DH and I wasn't married to him, just eternally engaged til yesterday.

WI was ok. I was hoping to just stay the same, but I was actually down .8 and the counselor rang the bell anyone and declared it a full pound.

That makes 3.8 total for the week and I am thrilled beyond words.

Tonight I have my two youngun's plus their step brother. They are making thos squeeky sounds with balloons, you know when you stretch the neck tight and the air squeeks out of them? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuu uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!

Well, at least we're having fun! My son is 8, and my daughter is 6, and their step brother is 6 also. (He lives with my ex husband and his new wife, and yes it's weird but we all get along.)

Congrats to you losers and hang in there to those struggling.

I'm behind on my eating today. Still need 3 fruits, 2 dairy, 1 starch and 1 fat. and it's already 8:00 pm.

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote