Old 09-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #166  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Evette- GL with the new position. A trial run is a great idea to see if you like it or want it.

Barb- Cute avatar, with you looking so young and all, what were you then, 20.

Pearl-I hope things are better today. I love the tickers from choosing to lose, but you have to do a lot of extra stuff to get it to show up. It won't go up like the other tickers. I was determined to make it work and it took me probably 30 minutes to get it figured out. You have to do it as a URL and a siggy picture.

Sue- Great on getting back to the exercise, now send some of that motivation my way. I need to start getting into the routine.

Juliemarie- That is so cool. You are a superstar girl!!!!

Carmen- Don't let one bad day get you down. You just jump right back on and let yesterday be a distant memory.

We are going camping next week for 5 days so I am working up a menu and doing my darndest to stay OP. If I don't pack it then I guess we can't eat it huh?

Have a wonderful day chickies.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #167  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey y'all! I went to WI today and was down 1.2 -- good enough, considering the life I've been leading of late. I had my 16 week evaluation (and only 10 weeks late!!!) today. Got a new gal that wanted to push a lot of pills on me. I said no thanks, keep your coupon (10% off) and left it at that.

Evette - how cool is it to get to try out a position? That rocks! Step out of the comfort zone, girlie!

Barb - HI! Nice to see you again!

JM - Now that you're a big star, will you talk to us little people? Again, walking in a marathon - you are so cool! I've been in a couple, (movies, that is - not marathons!) as an extra.

Purple Sunshine - did you say when you start the new job? Whoever said it, must be right - it's the new slimmer, more confident us shining through!

Have a great Friday chicks - stay strong!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #168  
PurpleSunshine

Hey Lori - I start my new job on September 20 - My last day is the 15th and I'm taking the monday and tuesday for myself. I'm thinking about going on one of those days to get my nails done a pedicure and use my massage gift certificate and just have a pampering relaxing day~~!!

Deb - Have fun on your camping trip!! I'm sure you will do fine and all the exercise you will get will pay off anyway!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #169  
Losing the Weight!

Hey All. FINALLY, looks like the scale may be moving again... 153.2 today!!!!!

YIPPIE!!
EIGHTEEN POUNDS TO GO!!!!

Last edited by StargazerJMK; 09-08-2006 at 03:56 PM.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #170  
One pound at a time...

Good Afternoon everyone! TGIF

I went to my COD last night, and I was down 1 lb from Tuesday. I guess TOM can be good for something. The centre is really pleased with, and they are a pretty supportive bunch I must say, though some of them of VERY enthusiastic, to say the least.

Deb-I am a camping nut, so you will have to post pictures when you get back. I am going at the end of September, so here's hoping for good weather.
Pearl-That meatloaf sounds good, I wil have to give it a try.

For everyone else, have a great weekend!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #171  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99 View Post
Hey Lori - I start my new job on September 20 - My last day is the 15th and I'm taking the monday and tuesday for myself. I'm thinking about going on one of those days to get my nails done a pedicure and use my massage gift certificate and just have a pampering relaxing day~~!!

Deb - Have fun on your camping trip!! I'm sure you will do fine and all the exercise you will get will pay off anyway!!!

HeatherPP: Looks like you and I will be starting our new jobs on the 20th. Guys......I got out of my comfort zone and took the job! Whew!! I'm anxious, nervous, excited, I don't know what I am.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #172  
Losing the Weight!

Evette, Congrats on the new job. Boy do I know how scare THAT can be.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #173  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Yee Haaaaa!!!!! I finally got my period - have never been so happy to have it. Three weeks overdue and I was feeling super bloated! I lost 3 pounds overnight! (I drank a gallon of lemon water yesterday!) Phew. Now I can get focused on LAWL again.

Just had to scream it out!!!!!

Happy Debbie
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #174  
Scottish Lass

Joan, tell me about your journey and do you have any before and after photos? How long did it take you and what do you think are the three most important things you did to be successful. I am having success, but it is slow going. I love hearing about someone else's success story. Congrats!!!!!

Evette, Big congrats on the new position. I know that my self esteem soars as I lose weight. Good for you.

To everyone else: Have agreat weekend!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #175  
FBD/8-18-08

Hey everyone - I'm exhausted! I thought the problem with that person was taken care of yesterday and low and behold it erupted again today. I got a phone call at 11:30 and cried until 2 when I finally called a friend for prayer! I absolutely could NOT stop crying! Every time I thought I had myself together, I'd start again! Okay, so now you know what an emotional sap I can be! I don't wear my feelings on my sleeve, but we're talking brutal.
Made another phone call and hopefully all will be taken care of Sunday at 8 a.m. It's been a hard week! Okay, enough of the wah, wah's!
I do have to say that I haven't cheated at all, even with all the stress and hurt, instead of turning to food, I just... didn't! That's all, I just didn't allow myself that option. The problem I've had the last two days is just getting all the food in! (I did get all the water in and most of the protein and veggies. Just short on fruit and carbs)
Oh well, the scale went down and although I can't remember how much, (I'll officially weigh on Sunday), I know it went down!
I know you guys are sick of hearing this, but I'm counting the days and I might start counting the hours until vacation! It can't come soon enough after this past two days!
Thanks for all the words of encouragement!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #176  

Faced the scale today at wi and was about 4 1/2 lbs higher than my lowest -- but thats okay; its facing the music; I even told them how hard work is -- there is always food there and by my not planning right, I tend to start with the salad and then go from there --So I made my appt for Monday and swore Iwouldnt eat tonite and I didnt. -- but I'm working all weekend so it should be interesting. Even one girl wanted to order out Sunday because she owes me $10 and I said no, I cant order out at all .. .

Trying to justify paying $299 which I dont have for the 6 week program at the gym; I really think and hope it will be a good move. Went back to the gym this afternoon (joined this am) and my son loved the child watch .. .its soo neat and only $3 so I did about 45 minutes of cardio and then some leg work.

I really have to kick up my water and hope for a loss on Monday ... Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #177  
Work toward Paradise

S/C/G: 272/243.8/230

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies - I am new to this thread.

My name is Lady V. I have been with LAWL since Jan 06.
Congrats to everyone with promotions, new jobs, and weight loss achievements.

I was 272 in Nov. I am 243.8 and trying to get down around 230 by december. I just had a 2cd baby 6 weeks ago.

I am doing a Denise Austin walking tape for 15 min a day. I am on the red plan.I don't take their supplements but I love the lites.

Does anyone have suggestions for LAWL compatable quick breakfast/lunch options? I eat those meals on the go.
Does anyone have suggestions for social "eating" on the weekends (picnics, parties, etc..)?

Last edited by ladyv; 09-09-2006 at 12:43 AM.
ladyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #178  
Scottish Lass

WELCOME LADYV! I'm still new myself so I can't offer any advice, but welcome anyway.

Hi Everyone! What a busy bunch of ladies. New jobs, new babies, and losing left and right. Congratulations for each of you.

My oldest daughter is home from college for the weekend and we are so glad to see her. I selfishly picked her up from the train station alone so I could spend a few minutes alone with her without having to share her with the whole family. I miss her so much when she's gone. She just told me that she wants to do "Teach For America" for two years when she graduates in the spring and she's thinking of doing it in San Fransisco. I am heartbroken. I would love to have her do it locally and move back home for a while, but she is ready to spread her wings. How do mothers cope with having their babies officially leave the nest? I know she's been gone for four years, but I knew I could see her if I really wanted to! But the west coast??????? Our middle daughter just left for her driver's ed class. Boo Hoo. They're all growing up. She's in ninth grade and is beginning to show an interest in the opposite sex. I am not ready for this. At least I have Stephen - he's only 12, though even he is showing signs of growing up..... now he has leg hair. Aaaggghhh! Well, enough about me.

Pearl: My heart is aching for you, and I don't even know you. I will make one generalization though. In my experience the people who complain the loudest are the ones that sit on the sidelines doing nothing but judging those of us who volunteer. That's the bad part about volunteering. I organized a fundraiser for our school two years ago which netted $10,000. for the kids. It was a ton of work and incorporated the art dept., the music dept, the theater dept, served 300 + people a catered lunch, had Santa for the little ones etc., etc., etc.. It lasted two days and one night ending with a wine and cheese social for all the parents at school. Oh and we had a photographer there for family photos. I have never worked so hard in my life. I got lots of kudos, of course, but surprisingly I also received half a dozen emails with complaints from parents who did absolutely nothing to help. I cried and cried for hours. It seems that no matter how hard we try and how dedicated we are to a cause there will be a few unhappy people who need to share that unhappiness. My DH tells me that when I run into those kinds of people I should remind myself that I'm lucky to only have to deal with them now and then. Imagine being married to one of them, or having one of them as a sibling or mother. Life could be worse. But I do sympathize. I also wear my heart on my sleeve and when people don't like me it really upsets me. Hang there and be strong.

Time for breakfast, chickies. (Fruit with ff vanilla yogurt and a handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch - my fave breakfast!)
Old 09-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #179  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

So much to catch up on. Pearl - how can anyone say anything to a fine lady like you. Argh....but kudos to you for staying strong and on program. You are such an inspiration to those of us on this board. Hang tough. That vacation is so close and so well deserved!
Evette & Heather - congrats on the new jobs.....you'll both do great!
Lori, Stargazer - congrats on losses...
Cutting this short as my company is waking up. Suffice it to say that I believe a strict TO will be on my agenda for Sunday and Monday. I've tried to be good but when company's idea of a good time is checking out all the local southern eateries, it's been a bit tough. LAWL is definitely an ingrained lifestyle for me at this point, but I'm making a point to also enjoy my time with my company, and if that means sharing a carrot cake cookie with her...well, I will (notice I said sharing!).
Glad to see that Katie and others have checked in.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #180  
PurpleSunshine

Well I just lost a huge post with personals and everything --- I don't have time right now to re-type it all - OH, that just makes me totally sick!!!

I hope eveyone has a wonderful OP day and a great weekend!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote