Old 09-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #46  

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon, everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted here but the summer was extremely busy. My new job does not give me much time for internet breaks during the day. I see there are new people here. Welcome!

I've been on LAWL since beginning of March and to date, I have lost 52.4 lbs in 6 months! Before that, I was on WW and I lost about 40 pounds but it took 18 months to do it. Aug was my slowest month (I lost 3 pounds for the whole month) but I did well considering 2 weeks of vacation and one week of business travel.

Anyway, this program is fantastic and I wish everyone good luck on their journey.

Heather, Candleprincess, I saw you latest avatar picture (with the kids) and you look AWESOME! What a difference from the original picture. Keep going, woman! You'll be skinny in no time! Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Suzette - WTG!! you started about when I did, but I, unfortunately did not have the willpower to stay POP all summer long. (Although I am back on track now).
Congrats on the loss, and for the willpower that you have maintained through the summer!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #48  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Well, it's almost 4pm and I've been able to get in two eight ounce servings of hot lemon water with Splenda. The Splenda really helps me get it down. I don't like the fake full feeling water gives me but I'm going to make it a goal to get it in everyday. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Debbie
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

I have lost 8 pounds since joining 11 days ago and am so proud. Maybe the granola did not do so bad but I think I will give it up anyway! Thanks guys. Hope you have a happy labor day!
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #50  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni - So, cramps AND a pain in the patoot! BAM! Okay, let's see, he doesn't sound like he has a very good track record, and I know this doesn't help you right now, but it's better to find out now what his true colors are than to find out after the "I do's" and wish you "never did"! Besides, you deserve someone who will CHERISH you! Not someone who disrespects you! And even though he spoke hate filled words to you, you're like the rest of us, you'll miss him for while because he was a part of your life. It's a death of sorts, you mourn the passing of the loved one and weep for the loss in your life. Then the pain starts to diminish with the passing of each day and eventually the hurt is completely gone.
Now for some of us, that takes a long time and for others it takes only moments when someone has been ugly to us! It's all up to you! No one can mourn for you or tell you how long it will take. I believe it depends on just how much of your heart you gave him. If it was alot, then it may take longer to heal.
Now, let me say this once more - YOU DESERVE SOMEONE WHO WILL CHERISH YOU!!!!! And when you find him, you'll realize that you were settling for much less, and you'll also realize that the wait was worth it! Because when it's right, it's forever! I'm sending you hugs and a bowl of chicken soup! (okay, maybe not the chicken soup, but definately the hugs!)

Reddeborah - since you're through, would you come to my house and get started?!? You could look at is as a "workout"!!! I think I'm on to something here! Come on, what do you say?!?

Irene - Welcome to a great bunch of LOSERS! This is the greatest group of ladies! They are amazing and as you visit here, you'll get to know us and to know us is to love us.

Suzette - I feel like I need to tell YOU "welcome"! It's great to have you and your experience back! What an accomplishment! 52+ pounds! Maybe August was a little tough, but now you've got an amazing support group here for you and we'll all see you through September and on! PS. I'm not a cat person, but your avatar kitty is gorgeous! Details please!

Dolphn545 - Here's to help you along! We're here for you!

Butterfli - WAY to GO! 8 pounds is AWESOME!

DS called after his WI this morning... time for his 2nd measurements. He's lost 10 (That's right TEN) inches!!!!! 6 from his waist, 1 from his neck, and 2 from his chest! He's disappearing before my eyes!!!
He's SO proud of himself and I am too!
I didn't think to measure myself when I started, so I don't know how many inches, but I wore my denim capris that I haven't worn this year because they were so tight I couldn't move and they were BAGGY! Made people notice at church in the midst of all that YUK! (we had water 4" deep EVERYWHERE!) PTL it didn't affect our sound or video equipment! (big bucks!)

Well, I need to go do something-I'm just not sure what yet!

Until I'm out here again, if it's not in your book, PUT IT DOWN! If it is, WATCH your portions, and if it's something you'll regret tomorrow, think twice about it today!

Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #51  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Does that mean that scrubbing floors counts as exercise?
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #52  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

I think scrubbing anything should count as exercise!

I've been POP today and eaten everything on the list. I'm just finishing up the last of it now. DD is wanting me to finish this post so she can see how far my fishie has moved. She and DS love telling everyone that once my fishie reaches the end of the line, Mommy will be skinny! And then DS says it will be in about 1 year. They both tell me how pretty I am and they say things like, "Wow mommy, looks like you're gettin' skinny!"

They are the best!

Pearl - you are just that. A pearl of great price. You're husband was so lucky to find you! And I think all us gals are just as lucky. Thanks for being such a shining beacon of support.

Thanks to the rest of you too. And I hope everyone's weekend is POP and stays fun in spite of it.

Mighty hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #53  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Well-it sounds like everyone's doing pretty well this weekend so far. I've had the "crud" all week so I only did 10 miles of our 20 mile walk today. Fell a little guilty, but the marathon's like, a month away, and I want to get healthy fast. Since I got done early I went ahead to the COD-haven't been in awhile-walking, traveling, etc. Only 1 pound down-but at least it's in the right direction.

So-my big victory this weekend-I've been craving pizza all week-actually that's not true-I've been craving a binge on pizza. I wanted to order a whole pizza, sit down by myself with movies or something, and just eat until I get sick. Isn't that bizzare? I don't understand how my mind works. If you're a compulsive overeater like me, you'll understand, but I just disgust myself. Anyway-I knew that if I stayed home-I would do this. So-on Friday, before my binging brain could talk me out of it-I called my mom and told her what was going on and said I'd be coming down to Salem directly after my walk. I couldn't be trusted to stay home alone. So-here I am. No pizza. Yay me!

So-whatever works I guess . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #54  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Well I lost 1 lb this week. I was a little diappointed. Just makes me work harder next week. I guess I can't expect big losses every week. With the heat I have felt really bloated. I think I'll try the lemon water tomorrow and see if it helps. Good night all,
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #55  
FBD/8-18-08

Reddebora - I think ANY scrubbing is not only exercise, but a WORKOUT!! (and just for the record, I STILL have mine to do!)

Jenni - It sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm so proud of you! Thanks for the wonderful compliment. I must say, if you knew my husband, you'd know I'M the lucky one! He is an awesome man of integrity who loves his family and is a wonderful example to our sons of what a real man is! I could go on and on, but I'd have to wake you all up!

Juliemarie - I'm so sorry you're under weather! I hope you're feeling better soon. And congrats on the victory! I admire the way you handled your craving and made sure you wouldn't back yourself into a corner from your past! That is what this is all about. A NEW way of eating for all of us and learning ways to cast down those cravings and bad habits for better choices!

Juliemarie and
Rosie - WHAT DO YOU MEAN "ONLY ONE POUND" AND "I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED"?!? Come on ladies - YOU LOST A POUND!!!! Not a tenth of a pound, not a half of a pound - A WHOLE POUND!!!! YOU L-O-S-T!!!! Wake up ladies!!! We are all applauding you!!!

I think you're awesome! Keep up the great work! You ARE doing it!!!

Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #56  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I've never done pictures before so this may or may not work the first time. We'll see!

This was from last night at the wedding. That's obviously me on the left and my darling boyfriend (Whose birthday it is today) on the right. We had a really good time, it was very pretty and we danced so hard. I expected a gain this morning but I think we danced off all the cake and wine! I had a gain of about .6 on my scale, but we'll see on tuesday when I weigh in. By the way, this dress swirls like a dream on the dance floor.

Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Sommer - You look great! You and your DB make a cute couple!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #58  

Post Anybody in Houston?

Hi, I am new to LA Weightloss and would really like to buddyup with someone in the Houston Area. Write me . . .please?
weightloss115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #59  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Pearl- I'm not disappointed with a 1 pound loss exactly. It's just that over the last month I've only lost 3 lbs-2 of those over and over again. So-I've got to get a handle on the weekends. I need to have more things to do to keep me busy-get out more or something.

Sommoer-looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics-you look great!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #60  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Good morning gang!
Nothing new to report.... Sommer you look awesome!
JM- Hang in there girl, just try to focus on feeling good and not eating junk. Easier said than done, I know.
Still don't have much of an apetite, but I was watching Joel Osteen (TV preacher) this morning, and I never watch TV preachers because I can't tell if they are just init for the money. ANyway, this guy looks like he's made of plastic, with a permanent smile on his face. But the message was what got to me.

He said that peoples' perception of you is like an echo. If you keep hollering out "I'm fat" "I'm Ugly" "No one wants me" "I'm not a good person" then that's exactly what you will get back. He also said that God loves us regardless of our mistakes. No matter if we lose our temper sometimes, or we are late all the time or we aren't treating our bodies right, or not at a healthy weight. It's like God is our Parent. When we talk about our kids we don't think about all their mistakes. We think about how sweet and wonderful they are, etc.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, but I wanted to share that hearing this stuff made me realize that no matter how much ex-fiance tries to hurt me and no matter what horrible things he says, and no matter how much bitterness he'll harbor towards me for the rest of his life, I don't need to worry about it. The only person's opinion that matters is God's (to me, and in my opinion). If I am forgiven by God, then it doesn't matter if ExDF forgives me or not. That is his burden to bear.

That too will be easier said than done, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. I've written him a letter expressing my apology for the horrible way things ended and wishing him the best. Whether he reads it or not, at least I did my part to ask forgiveness where I was wrong.

Geez, I really should post this on some kind of break-up forum instead of here.... Thanks for being here girls... I wish we were together and could have a girls' night out party.

Cyber hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote