Old 09-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #31  
Princess Heather

well i'm coming out of hiding! Life has been so crazy around here. I went back to school about 3 weeks ago and my normal routine blew out the window! My house is a mess and I'm exhausted. Currently we have three children, ages 21 months, 6 months and a sweet little girl 5 months. It looks like these three are staying for a bit. (for those that don't know me and think i just rotate kids for kicks and giggles...my DH and I are foster parents!) So needless to say my LAWL has suffered. I am going back to COD on Tuesday to repent and get back on track. We close on our house on Sept 11, and I'm really getting excited and overwhelmed at the same time! So much to do...but I need to get back on track. I paid this money and I am worth this process. So I'll change my ticker after Tuesday and be back on plan then! Later Chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #32  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Juliemarie,

I grew up outside Boston and love the holidays with the snow all around and sitting by a nice, hot fire, and kissing under the full moon with snowflakes landing on our noses. (My hubbie and I started dating in the late fall and by winter we were in love and kissing outside my front door while my parents sat on the other side of the door watching the clock). Living in Charlotte is hard at the holidays though I do light my gas fire and pretend its real.
Jenni - you sound like a great mom. I'm sending you a hug.....great job on the weight loss.
Night everyone....
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #33  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone (haha - it's 12:15 AM on the east coast!)
Welcome back CandlePrincess. You do have a lot going on, but happy to see you realizing you need to take care of yourself...top priority!!
Sherry - congrats on the job!
Debbie from Charlotte - Your son sounds amazing and he'll make some woman very happy (other than you, of course) in the years ahead!
To all the losers and POP performers - a big congrats!
Deb - great article from Jillian - thanks for sharing. Is her newsletter free or are you a member?
Jeana - did you join the Online LAWL? Congrats on taking the first big step!
Jenni - Take it one day at a time; your DS will adjust in no time (your avatar photo is so sweet...)
Butterfli - Juliemarie is right about no granola showing on the plan...you can ask the center to have their "dietician" come up with something if you absolutely, positively cannot live without it. But, I think you'll find that you'd have to count it as 2 starches, 1 fat, 1 fruit and the serving size will be miniscule...may not be worth it in the end.
Nighty night...
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #34  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni - Oh great! My message made you cry?!? I can only hope they were cleansing tears! (I'm sorry my post made you cry!) I'm so glad you posted! I've been watching for you to see if you were going okay today. Sometimes "stuff" hits us later when we are alone.
It sounds like you're gonna have your hands full with those three and balloons! Congrats on the WI! Keep up the great work and the great attitude! Luv the new picture! What cuties!
Since I made you cry, I don't know if this is a good thing to say, but I'm here for you if you need a friend! We all are!

Princess Heather - You have been lurking, I've seen your post before but not very many times since I've been here! You might as well join the rest of us "Losers" out here in Postland. Wow, you're doing really well, 42 lbs! You go girl! Also wanted to say thank you for the service you provide those children by giving them a safe haven to call home, even if only for a short time! Yours may be the only "real" home, full of love and caring, responsibility and accountability that they ever have. Just think of the impact you may have in their lives! I remember my parents were Foster parents to a set of sisters one a year older than me and one a year younger. I wasn't an only child, but my half brothers were grown and gone. I still remember the day they came and took my "sisters" away! It was awful and of course, we never heard from them again. They were the last for us because it broke my Father's heart to turn them back over to the situation they had to return to. You truly are a special person! Thank you!

KMAH - You're right about the biscotti's. I got a free box when I purchased the LAWL cookbook on Ebay. We each had one and we're saving the other 4 for vacation treats.

Reddeborah - It's been so wet and chilly here that my youngest asked for hot chocolate! (Of course it was to go with the Krispy Kreme donuts I bought them today at the store, a treat for them, a test for me!) What's that all about?!?

Jeana - How's it goin' girlfriend? What are you doing to get to the next step? (I know, I'm pushy! But I wouldn't ask if I didn't care!) Get out there and find what will work for YOU! If it's LAWL, If it isn't, that's okay too. But according to YOU, you need to do something so I'm holding you accountable! We're here for you!

As for me, I had another great day! Wanted to eat some things I knew I shouldn't so I went for what I could eat instead. Went to the grocery store (in all this rain!) and got lots of fresh veggies and fruits. I bought a bottle of Mrs. Dash Mesquite marinade and I decided I'm going to take a pork loin, cut it like a jelly roll and brush the marinade all over it, then tie it up and roast it on the grill over hickory chips. I can't wait to see how it turns out! (I love to try new things if you haven't noticed!)
Oh my gosh, going to MIL's on Sunday for a late lunch. DH told her we could come but she would have to fix foods that we could eat. (That should be interesting!) She's a fatback in the greens, sugar in the mac and cheese, butter on the rolls and potatoes kind of cook! (a lot like me as a matter of fact, only now I do things differently!) I'll let you know how it goes...
Well, it's 12:40 and I'm exhausted, so Good Night Johnboy!

By the way, did I mention how strong willed you all are and how well you are going to do this holiday weekend?!?

Blessings this Labor Day to all of you!

Hugs everybody!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #35  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

So when I signed up for LAWL I filled out their little questionaire and I finally got my results from the questionairre back on thursday. It said I was a cautious eater and that I do pretty well but I shouldn't let food run my life. Well, that's funny since starting yesterday afternoon I've been having a mild panic attack about food. I talked to my counselors this week about how I have this very abnormal weekend ahead of me and how I'm going to end up eating poorly. Friday night I had a pre-wedding party thing to go to, saturday I have the wedding and reception, and sunday is my BF's birthday party. I had a sprite last night and a turkey philly sandwhich with only half of the side of bread and a couple of baked potato slices and I'm up this morning already. Not a lot but enough to get me freaking out. I'm suppose to eat some protein and vegetables for breakfast today and forgo my starches and fruit until tonight. Changing my routine and plan has me panicing...I don't want to gain. I'm tired of bouncing up and down between 279-285. I can't get it to just go down and I am afraid that the weirdness of this weekend is going to make me bounce again all week. Still I can't pretend I'm not going to these events.

I'm way too food obsessed I think. I need to learn to relax. At least I know I won't be eyeballing the cake tonight- I'm too freaked out!

In any case, I will be posting pictures, the dress is super pretty and my BF looks very sharp. My camera died at the last wedding we were at, but I've got new batteries and I will have a picture of me in this dress.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #36  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Sommer - I can totally relate! One thing that helps me when I get into panic mode is to come up with a plan. Knowing ahead of time what I am about to face and what choices I will make really seems to help me feel more in control.

One thing to remember is when you start feeling that sense of panic, think of your friends here and how much support you have. Know that even if you aren't POP you are in control.

Have a GREAT weekend - enjoy the festivities - don't let food ruin the fun.

Hugs,
Debbie (Nashville)
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 AM   #37  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Good morning all! Just wanted to say hi before I go to weigh in this morning. I never look during the week because I go to weigh in at different times. I count my loss by my sat morning weights. Last week I stayed the same and was a little disappointed. Hope today goes better. I'll let you all know later.

Have a good POP weekend
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

And yes, even though it's raining, cold & crappy outside, it is a great morning. I just got back from WI. Drum roll please ... DOWN 4.2. WOO HOO!
I'm not at my lowest LAWL weight (187), BUT I have been POP this week, and I am motivated in full swing again!! I was getting worried this morning, because my scale at home did not move at all! I'm not changing my ticker in the wrong direction. Because next week, I want another loss!
I didn't lose any inches, I maintained. But that's ok. I am so happy.

Deborah - My job at the Y will be at the front desk. Answering phones and taking payments. I'm excited about it so that the kids can get involved in something. money is tight right now, and a family membership for the Y is out of the question, but with me working VERY part time, it will certainly help with the program cost for them. (did I mention that my membership is free?)
I don't know what it pays or anything. Just more or less doing it for gas money, lunch money, to get me through school.

Jenni - Today is a fresh day. Start eating!

Heather CP - good to see you again! What are you going to school for? (I'm sorry if I already asked this, but I'm absent minded right now).

Sommer - have a great time at the wedding tonight!

To everyone else - Here's to us. Have a great POP day, and weekend!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #39  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Congratulations Sherry! 4+ Lbs is AWESOME!

Debbie (Nashville)
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #40  

I know it won't be like this every week, but maybe that's just what my body needed for the boost jump start to get back on track!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #41  
FBD/8-18-08

Sommer - I can't wait to see the pictures!!! You do sound a little "consumed" with this, (get it? consumed?) but rather than panic, put your energy into planning! Maybe startout today with lemon water and keep it up throughout the weekend? I think you are VERY wise to be concerned, but please enjoy this special occasion. Getting all dressed up with your BF doesn't sound so bad to me! You're an amazing woman with all you do, so I know your weekend will be a success! If you can study Shakespear, I KNOW you can handle a few calories!!! I love what Debbie (Nashville) said, "Even if you're not POP, YOU are still in control! Remember, just because they serve it, doesn't mean you have to eat it. YOU can control what and how much! So, take a deep breath, get all "gussied" up, put a smile on that beautiful face and have a wonderful time! I can't wait to see the pictures! (Did I say that already?!?)

Rosie - My husband was showing 1+ lbs gain yesterday and 2+ lbs loss today! I think you are wise not to become a slave to the scale! (by the way, LOVE your avatar!) Remember, no change is still a win! Your train may have stopped on the track but it DIDN'T go back!!! Best wishes with you WI. Let us know how it went! I'm believing for the best!

Sherry - I was listening to the "oldies" yesterday and I heard that song, Sherry, Sherry baby! and I was thinking about you girlfriend!
4.2 lbs!!!!!! 4.2 lbs!!!!!!
WAY TO GO SHERRY!!!!!!! You are doing GREAT!

I just gotta say how much I admire these women that are doing the "mom thing", the "wife thing", the "LAWL thing" and SCHOOL!!! Kudos to all of you with my admiration and respect!!!!

As for me - our church got flooded last night - not by Ernesto, but by a broken sprinkler system pipe in the nursery. It flooded the whole place. Since I'm the Director of Music, video and sound, I'm going over to check out all my systems. We may have to find another place for service tomorrow! PTL!!! He's in control!

Keep up the great work and stay strong! YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH A LONG WEEKEND WITHOUT GAINING!!!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #42  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies
TOM started today. I'm feeling pretty blue. Has anyone ever said to any of you "you can rot" ? Ouch. From the lips of the man I thought loved me! I guess I wasn't too nice to him either, in fact I really showed my butt. But this was a text message this morning in response to my request that he bring back some of my son's things that his son accidently took. He said he would for my son, but that I could rot.

So Pearl, you were right.... the tears came after I got that text from him. It was not like we were in the middle of a fight at that point. I am now added to the list of 3 other women (I make 4) who he says can rot, and I know the amount of bitterness he harbors for each one of them, and so I know for sure this is over, because now he hates me enough to tell me to rot, in what I can only assume is the really hot place with he who shall not be named....

So, between cramps and this nauseoue feeling I'm going to have to really push to get all my food in today. I suppose him hating me and being so ugly to me is for the best. At least this way I won't miss him as bad?

Sorry to ramble, I know my love life isn't weight related, but it does affect my determination and appetite.
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #43  

Jenni - Easier said than done, but put him behind you. You can do much better, and do not deserve to be spoken to that way!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #44  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Jenni,
Consider yourself lucky to be rid of him. You deserve better than him. He must have a lot of anger in him which isn't at all healthy. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smilies/hug.gif

Sherry,
Wow! That is great! I'll have to take a peak at some chickies' fitlogs to get some new ideas for food. I'm getting bored already.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smile/dizzy.gif

Have a great weekend everyone. We're not doing anything special. Maybe going to the pool, working out together at the Y, (all of us), and watching movies. A nice relaxing weekend. I've already done my chores for the day except for cooking. The house is vacuumed and dusted, the kitchen sink is empty and the laundry is in. Now I can relax.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/smile.gif
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I want to join in. I have been on program for 12 days. Found this website a few years back with some other diet program. Glad to join in. I will use this website at least 1/day if not more. Irene
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote