Old 04-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #451  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys-hope your day's going well . . . .

I actually survived a big temptation today. We have a catered lunch on Thursdays and I usually eat whatever's there and count it as best as I can. Sometimes it's easy-like chx cesear salad, but sometimes it's pizza or mexican, etc. Today was these awesome chx salad, egg salad, or tuna salad sandwiches on Foccacia bread with potato salad and cookies. I'm so motivated with this challenge that I thought ahead and grabbed my slimfast out of the fridge and a banana and took it with me just in case. And I had that instead-which was difficult cuz I adore those sandwiches. So I have to figure out something for dinner (I have a rehearsal tonite and was just going to drink my shake beforehand), but I guess I'll hit Baja fresh and grab a chx ensalada. That still leaves me a starch and fruit left when i get home. Maybe I'll have a beer Good beer that is. None of this lite beer crap
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #452  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Great job Juliemarie!!! Good willpower. Enjoy your good beer
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #453  

Quote:
I'm going to chill - be good - and start limited T/O on Mon-Tues.
Anyone else on that wagon?
I am going to do TO on Monday and Tuesday also. Do you do the drink from the Center? I am going to go by this Health Food Store and see if I can find the other stuff you guys have been talking about.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Just going to do the 4 oranges.
I love oranges!!!!
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #455  

Ok--I like oranges too--and if I am chewing and working my fingers to peel the orange, it will distract me and maybe I won't think I am starving. haha
Unlimited, means...veggies and meat right? watch the condiments....remind me ...I am forgetting the unlimited plan of attack.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #456  

Sznn, my old TO buddy ...I'll join you on MOnday and Tuesday. I had sworn off it for a while, but I think I will need a jumpstart after my NYC getaway...lots of bad eating will probably head my way, but I'm hoping to be strong. Either way, count me in! I think I'll do unlimited...I hate the limited...
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #457  

Ok guys if we do unlimited, I don't eat any bars right?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #458  

Right, it's unlimited lean proteins, unlimited green veggies, no bars or starches, plus the 4 oranges. Are you joining Sznn and I on Monday? Misery loves company
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #459  

YES Monday and Tuesday will work for me. I am TOM and was going to weigh in tomorrow, but I think I will wait until Tuesday and maybe I will see a big loss (?) One can hope....I am doing so much better since I found this board.
Can I have salad dressing with TO? Maybe I'll just eat Turkey Taco salad for two days--haha

**Girls, going to bed now...My student teacher is leaving now, so I have to start teaching again! Must get some sleep!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Glad to have some T/O buddies.

Stiesta have a blast in NYC!
At my going rate I'll be back @ 150 by Monday AM by being POP

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #461  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznn
Glad to have some T/O buddies.

Stiesta have a blast in NYC!
At my going rate I'll be back @ 150 by Monday AM by being POP

-S

Dang girl, why is this the way it has to be for you and me? I SWEAR...I AM RIGHT HERE WITH YOU...I decided to chuck the scale for a few days since I KNOW this isnt real WEIGHT in terms of fat or measurements, its just UNCANNY how this can be. I feel better knowing I am not alone. Ill keep on trying to mix things up and change things around, YOU CAN NOT possible get FAT on LAWL...or as I call it at the center, LA weight GAIN...LOL!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #462  
PurpleSunshine

Sznn - I'm all about trying to convince myself about "just a number" too -
Congrats on the wonderful compliment -- I know that made you feel on cloud 50!!!

Hey Boo - Good to see you!!

JulieMarie - Great NSV - that is so hard to grab what you know you should have instead of what you want - especially when it is right there in front of you just waiting.....Hope you were able to plan the rest of your night!! Isn't it amazing what a challenge can do - even though we know what we are supposed to do anyway?? I just love it....

Yes, I agree with the comment above about how the challenge really has affected some of our decisions and kept us from going off track where before we might have ...... I just hope with all the training I'm doing I can stick with the plan - the last two days were really really hard for me - I don't know if I was catching a bug or what - but I was so hungry yesterday and then I got really queasy in the afternoon!! I just decided to have a luna to get me through - it couldn't have hurt me too bad - had to have something to keep me from passing out!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #463  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

I'm posting to keep myself accountable. I cheated on my diet on Wednesday night and all day on Thursday. So I am officially back on track today. I am not going to weigh-in today because I do not want to have to explain why my weight is up. I will go on Monday morning and fess up. Thank you all so much for your encouragement from my "I cheated" post. I will be doing TO on Monday and Tuesday to stay on schedule with you all. I have to keep telling myself that I CAN do this and I WILL do this. I have plenty of good nutritious food to eat everyday and I don't NEED to put junk food into my body. When I do that means no weight loss for that day so I have to be strong and not give in to temptation.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #464  
PurpleSunshine

Merem - you're doing the best thing by getting right back on track!! We are all here to support you b/c we have all been there with you before!!!

Well, I had a bagel with light peanut butter and an apple for breakfast. I'm planning to eat a protein bar before my training session at lunch and then eat a nice big salad some fruit and my shake after I get back to work - this way my sugar levels won't drop during or right after my workout!!!!........tonight is tuna steaks and asparagus - yummy - can't wait!!! My DH is so good at the grilling thing - that is his specialty!!!
To all my other challenge chickies - hope everything is going well.!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #465  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Merem - Ditto what HeatherPP said.

HeatherPP - sounds like a great menu plan for the day.

Kristi - What's up Challenge Buddy?

Okay guys - I'm hungry and I have a headache. All I've had so far today is my shake for breakfast and then 16 oz of water. I think I will take an early lunch and hit the salad bar for some fresh spinach, turkey and fruit. The starches are tripping me up again, as I don't want to get anything too heavy,
but I don't want to force myself to eat another plain piece of light bread. I am SO tired of the light bread...maybe I'll put some chickpeas on my salad and call it a day....
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote