Old 04-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #421  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Hey guys Ive been back reading this thread and I have a thought/question. If you did the slimfast low carb...wouldn't it just be a protien and not the starch?!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:31 AM   #422  
PurpleSunshine

Seems like if you are giving up two bars - you need to add more than just 1/2 P??? Don't you think - I thought each bar was 1/2P and S??
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

HeatherPP - did they mention in the Prevention article - what to do if you are up 1lb and ALREADY on a diet???

I'm getting my hair cut today - maybe that will help...haha.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #424  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

beanie- yes-I think someone on here was using them and adding a low cal starch or 1/2 S to the day . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #425  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Thanks juliemarie....you are always so helpful. By the way your new outfit sounds cute!!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #426  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Juliemarie--I know! That's why it is so hard for me to give up a P and S for the shake....I don't get hardly any other foods!! I am adjusting, though, I do still get hungry. There's not much room to spread stuff out when you don't get much food! I am definitely going to add the 1/2 P in. I didn't do it this morning so I will do it early afternoon. I am going to start adding it in the morning, though, so I am not starving by the time I get to my morning snack! Maybe I can actually eat breakfast now!
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #427  
Stephanie

Would an example of a low cal starch be a slice of 35 calorie wheat bread? Anybody else have any examples?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #428  
Let's try this again . .

1/2 of a whole-wheat pita will work . . .
Old 04-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #429  
Stephanie

Sznn- seriously...at my LA center that I went to before, when I was up a lb or so, they would make me take my pants, socks, bra, anything, off so the scale wouldn't read up! Or if I weighed in Khakis one day and jeans the next time they would make me weigh without my jeans and say it was the difference in my clothes. Crazy, huh?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #430  
Let's try this again . .

Wow-and I thought I could be weird about the scale. I weigh in the same workout pants I wore the first time I went in and the lightest shirt I can-usually a tank on Saturday mornings first thing before coffee, water, breakfast . . That's why I only go in 1Xweek for an official WI-it's the only time I can go first thing in the morning. It's so variable and frustrating to go after work . . .clothes, what you ate that day. It drove me nuts!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

love2eat - I am basing this weight fluctuation on my home scale.
I weigh in generally at the same time every morning - without clothes -before coffee/water/etc.

The scale has been gradually creeping up all week and I have been POP.
The only thing I am doing different is the shakes instead of 1p/1s.
I've been drinking lots of water/ and everything is on track in the BM dept.
It's not even close to TOM.
???? I dunno what to think at this point.
Totally unfair - but that's life

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #432  
Stephanie

Sznn- Same problem I have been having but I haven't gained...just stayed the same. I am dropping my bars and changing my shakes to the low carb shakes to see if it makes a difference. I also calculated I wasn't getting nearly enough calories so make sure that you are--the shakes have a lot less calories than what I would usually have for a P and S. I only just started back on the LAWL program last Monday when I did TO. I lost 6 lbs the first 3 days but have stalled out! I'll let you know if dropping the bars and changing to the low carb shakes helps with me. I am adding in an extra 1/2 P and maybe a low cal starch (b/c I changed to the low carb shake). Hang in there!!!
Stephanie
Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #433  

Hey all,

I was down .8 today, which is good...TOM is here, so I wasn't expecting to do anything but gain! I am hoping to lose a pound or so more before the weekend.

So far so good on the POP challenge...I really am shocked at how much less I am thinking about food with this week being TOM. I'm usually ravenous! I am loving my shake in the morning...

Sznn, sorry you're stalled, chickie! You're probably so close to goal that your body doesn't want to give any of it up. Hang in there!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #434  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I like the shake a lot more than I thought. I think having shakes with more protein and no real sugar (remember slim fast back in the day) has helped make the shakes more filling. Did I mention they are DELISH!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #435  
PurpleSunshine

Dairy - You don't really like those shakes do you?? I didn't think so.....

Stiesta - Congrats on the loss - that is a wonderful thing considering tom being here - and that is wonderful to not feel as ravenous during TOM - I get like that too - but mine is concentrated towards sweets -

can't wait to try the shake in the morning....

I was really weak while ago and felt nauseaus , so I had a lite - feeling a little better now - eating chicken and salad for lunch...hope to feel better afterwards
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote