Old 04-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #466  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Okay chicks...im ready to do this challenge thing! I need some help though. Could you each please post a typical day of eating for me....both on the take off days and then a day with the shake. This would really really help me to get back on track and I would really appreciate it.

Chiklit - don't know what to say for the starch. Im not good with whats light vs not. I hope that you feel better after your salad
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #467  
PurpleSunshine

Hey Carmen - I enjoy taking a pita pocket half and toasting it and having that with my salad - I guess the peas would work too - you could always try those TLC Kashi crackers - you get 5/starch
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #468  
PurpleSunshine

Beanie - well today - my first day with shakes was like this......

break - bagel w/peanut butter & apple .5P S F
snack - luna bar L
Lunch - spinach salad w/nuts,strawberries, blue cheese w/lt rasb. ving dressing -- VVFaF.5D

**currently I'm here and I feel pretty good - not hungry - not stuffed !!!
snack pm - shake PS
dinner (planned) tuna steak, roasted asparagus, light bread PVS
snack before bed - luna L
Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #469  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Beanie! This is what I do:

Breakfast- Coffee, Slim fast, 1 fruit. I usually blend it with 8 ice cubes and 12 strawberries or 1/2 a banana.

Lunch- 1/2 protein, 1 dairy (always cheese), 1 starch, 2 veggies

Snack- 1 fruit

Dinner- 1 protein, 1 starch, 2 veggies

Snack- 1 fruit
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #470  
PurpleSunshine

Kristi - sounds like you are doing great!! I think I'm better off doing the shake at lunch - because we always have a family dinner at night - that is DH and DD time.....

EDITED TO ADD:I might try to do a smoothie on the weekends with the shakes - who knows....I might end up getting a smoothie mixer for here at work - hmmmmm.....
Old 04-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #471  
PurpleSunshine

katie - you get 4 fruits - is that right - what plan are you on red?? I can't remember - I was just writing yours down to mix things up a bit - trying to just modify for blue w/lites- hehehe
Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #472  
Katie

No, I get 3 fruits. Dinner is family time around here, too, so it works out a lot better to have my shake in the morning.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #473  
PurpleSunshine

never mind - it is late on friday and I read 12 strawberries and 1/2 banana!!! Sorry chickie
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #474  
Katie

Gotcha, btw, how thrilled are you that it is FRIDAY!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #475  
PurpleSunshine

Thrilled? hey , the is an understatment - I'm pretty excited b/c both of my important projects are coming to an end - one of them goes live on monday!!! wehooooooooooo hoooooooooo -

I'm going to the Southern Women's show tomorrow - it is a place where they have like 300 vendors - jewelry, food, trips, clothes, crafts - everything - I love to go each year!!! It is really fun to go with a friend - so needless to say - not sure quite how OP I will be tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #476  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Kristi - I'm glad to see you're hanging in there, chick! I never have a problem getting my veg in. I really like them. But when I'm not hungry (rarely) and I know I need to get them in I always have something cooked. Usually broccoli or mashed cauliflower. So good! Fruit is a different story. I have the HARDEST TIME getting that in.

HeatherPP - I don't really like smoothies, never have, but someone on here mentioned taking some SFFF Cool whip and mixing it in with the shake. That sounds like it could be good. I would like to try that and then throw a banana in there and maybe some Splenda and ice cubes. Does that sound like it would be gross or good?

Beanie I will post my diary from today for you...

RED w/ Lites (until tomorrow I'm sure they will put me back on Purple cause I know I've lost this past week)

Breakfast - PS
Shake

Lunch - VV, FF, S, 1/2P, Cond
2C Raw Spinach/Sprouts
2tbs Raisins
1C Cubed Honeydew
1/2 C Chickpeas
3.5 oz Roasted Turkey
FF Dressing

Mid P.M. - Lite
Lemon Lite I found when I was cleaning my cupboard

Dinner - P,S,VV, F, Cond, Cond
Grilled Chicken Breast
1/2 Baked Potato w/ICBINB, Sour Cream
1 C Cooked Broccoli w/ICBINB

P.M. - Lite
CCA Lite

Last edited by Chklithunder; 04-28-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #477  
PurpleSunshine

Carmen - I'm not a big smoothie person - but girlfriend - geez you've got that thing sounding like an imitation milkshake - hhhhmmmmmmm, yummy - will you share?? I'm going to have to experiment this weekend!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #478  
Choc Thunder

HeatherPP - Enjoy your trip to the show! Here are some OP weekend vibes !

edited to add - of COURSE I'll share. I just hope it doesn't turn out gross...sounds like it could go either way you know?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #479  
PurpleSunshine

yea, but the ingredients you are putting in will only make it more creamy and tasteful (w/ fruit) Sounds good to me - I might taste it without the splenda first - you wouldn't want it to get too sweet - especially with having banana and the cool whip........plus the shakes already have a sweetness to them...

Thanks for the OP vibes - I think I'll be able to do pretty good - maybe a sample here and there!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #480  
Choc Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
yea, but the ingredients you are putting in will only make it more creamy and tasteful (w/ fruit) Sounds good to me - I might taste it without the splenda first - you wouldn't want it to get too sweet - especially with having banana and the cool whip........plus the shakes already have a sweetness to them...

Thanks for the OP vibes - I think I'll be able to do pretty good - maybe a sample here and there!!!
Good Idea...you're right. BTW, congrats on getting rid of one of your projects! I was supposed to have wrapped one of mine up as well, but I'm stuck in a holding pattern waiting for someone else's data to test with. So, until next week...