Old 04-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

It's totally the soy - did a little search and came up with this (this is only part of the article)

By Kaayla T. Daniel, PhD, CCN

Soy is an incomparable gas producer—the King of Musical Fruits.

Abdominal bloating, rumbling and flatus experienced by vegetarians and other heavy soyfood eaters make soy the butt of a great deal of bathroom humor. Unfortunately it is no laughing matter for the many people struggling with health problems who have been advised to eat more soy but cannot abide the consequences to their marriages, relationships, jobs and self image. Such people often ask Dr. Andrew Weil and other soy proponents to help them choose the types and brands of soy that will give them the supposed health benefits of soy minus the killer gas.
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #407  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
I gotta say-I look freaking hot today I'm wearing a new ribbed T-shirt (in a 18/20 that is none too snug) and my "skinny" jeans. Add my platform white Sketcher flip-flops and I'm rockin' . . . .

You go girl!!! Isn't it great to have that feeling!!! you go with your skinny jeans and platform sketchers!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #408  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning Challenge Buddies!!! --
Well my friends - Day #2 of TO - not doing too bad - I forgot to take my canteloupe home from work - so I only had 3 servings - but hopefully I piled enough on those to = at least 3.5 of the 4!!! Stayed away from the scale - kind of makes you relieved!! I need to just put it up, but my DH is trying to lose a few so he gets on every morning now!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys - I was reading in a magazine the other day (Prevention) I think that everyday day scale weighers are more likely to succeed in keeping their weight off in the long run than weekly weighers!! I know most of us keep a close eye on the scale during normal OP times - so that is good to hear!!!

How is everyone else???
Old 04-27-2006, 09:06 AM   #409  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

heatherpp, I've heard the same thing about frequent weighers. I remember seeing Cheryl Tieg on Oprah and it was talking about how supermodels stay thin. She said she weighed every morning and she had a 1 lb margin of error (like if her goal weight was 130, if she was 131 she started a diet that day). She also said she would wear her tightest clothes until she got back to 130. Kind of extreme, I guess, but I want to do something like it (but more like 4 lbs is realistic I think).
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Thumbs up new but count me in! any tips??

I am psyched! Just started TO today.. don't have all LAWL info yet cause I am trying to do it with whatever I can gather myself... but winging it best I can.. so I am starting late after all of you but better late than never, right?? Look forward to posting with all of you... I am hoping to be down between 8-10 by end of challenge ..I am 239.5 today... best to everyone.. you can do this.. Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #411  
PurpleSunshine

Dairy - Yes I agree - 1lb margin is way too strict - I would definitely stick with 3/4 - sounds more reasonable - that is a good thing to do though - wear the tighter clothes - that does it for me everytime...

Kim - come on in and join us - I'm only on day 2 of TO - so only one day in front of you!!! Kristi and Carmen are like 2 days ahead of me - so basically we would be on the same week - we are not weighing at least for 3 weeks though!!! Want to join the non-weigh in team as well?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #412  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Dairy- I tried what you are doing yesterday--switched 1/2 P and 1 S for one of my bars. I am down almost a pound this morning. Could be coincidence, but I calculated last night about how many calories I am getting per day doing the shakes and bars and it wasn't near the 1200 I am supposed to have. More like 800. Today I am switching to NO bars and low carb slimfast (maybe I was getting too many carbs before with the shakes and bars?). Only problem is I wasn't getting in my calories before with the bars so I am having trouble figuring out to get in my calories and only eat what I am supposed to eat. Is it true that if you don't get enough calories your body won't lose weight?
Stephanie
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #413  
Stephanie

Since the low carb SF has 3g more of fat, do I need to adjust anything? Seems to me it won't make a difference since I have dropped the bars which had 5g fat each. What do you guys think? ANyone else doing the low carb SF?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #414  
PurpleSunshine

Has anyone blended their shakes like a smoothie by mixing in some fruit ?? I'm sure you guys have - any suggestions?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #415  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Challenge Chicks.

Today makes Day 2 with the shakes for me. I had mine for breakfast again, and I must say it tasted way better today than yesterday. I have a hard time getting in my D and Fs, so I think when I go back to the COD on Saturday I will pick up some more JetStarts. I like that stuff, I had one today and now I only have 4 left.

I know I must be down some, because I was up all night again in the bathroom. I must have been holding on to a ton of water. Today is no better either! Whoo doggy!

HeatherPP - Here's to you on Day 2 of TO. How did you fare with Day 1?

Kristi - Howdy Chick.

Kim - Hello and That's my DSs name. You are more than welcome to join us, and you are not that far behind. How is TO going so far?

JulieM - I have those SAME flipflops, except in black with a white racing stripe throughout. I love wearing mine with my long bootcut jeans too! They give me instant attitude, and make me taller than my oldest DS which I love, and he hates. Go on ahead with your HAWT self!

Stephanie - I do know that if you drop your cals too low that you won't lose weight. Re: the shakes, if you weigh everyday, it might be a good idea to go maybe 3 days using the reg. hi protein shakes, then go a few days using the lo carb hi protein shakes and seeing if there is a difference in how well you lose. JulieM, am I thinking like a scientist or what???

To all of my other challenge chickies, how goes it today?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #416  
Stephanie

Thanks Carmen. I have worked out close to a 1200 calorie meal plan for today. I guess I am going to have to make sure I am getting my calories in. He it is:
Morning snack/breakfast: SF jello cup (10 Cal), 1c watermelon (75 cal)
Lunch: Shake (190 Cal) 1 portion baby carrots (26 cal)
Mid-afternoon: Apple (80 cal) 1 oz peanuts (159 cal)
Dinner: Lean Cuisine Lasagna (400 cal) 1c cooked broccoli with 2% cheese (152 cal)

Still short about 150 calories but I used all my portions available. Thinking of adding 1/2 P (low-fat cottage cheese) to make up the difference since I am not doing the bars anymore. Sound healthy to you guys?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #417  
PurpleSunshine

love2eat - Wow - that just doesn't seem like alot of food at all...are you on Gold??? so I guess your lean cusine is your P,S?? Geez, with what you listed - I think I would be starving..... I guess it works, it just doesn't seem like alot when you list it -

Seems fairly healthy though....I think adding the LFcot cheese would be a good idea - but let's see what the masters around here say
Old 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #418  
PurpleSunshine

You guys - I feel so hungry this morning........

I've already had two veggie patties, 1 egg and 3 c. of canteloupe.........I have some chicken and lots of veggies planned for lunch.......but I don't know how this day #2 of TO is working so far - maybe I'm thinking about it too much
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #419  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Carmen- you are thinking like a scientist! The idea when you're trying any type of "experiment" is to only change 1 variable at a time. That way you know what is causing the results you're getting. And re: the skechers-I love these shoes. I buy a new pair every summer and they end up getting pretty stinky about mid-summer. I think I'll pick up 2 pairs right off the bat this year and save a pair for August . . . .

love2eat-I hope this works for you-and yes, add the 1/2P in. If the scale still doesn't move after 3-4days, then drop it. Wow-sure doesn't seem like much food. I like the red plan!

Heather-I've been blending a banana into my shakes with a little ice. And I think repo blending in some berries. Wouldn't raspberries and the choc shake be yummy?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #420  
Stephanie

Purplepirate--I know it doesn't seem like much at all! The shake takes 1P and 1S, though. I am on gold which is 2P, 2S, 3V, 3Fruit, 1Fat, and 1Dairy. I am supposed to be doing 2 bars a day, but I'm trying not to do them and add 1/2 P and maybe an extra vegetable for fiber. I followed this same type of menu before and did fine, but I had the bars too. Don't know how I will do, but we will see. The low carb shakes have 20g P so maybe they will be more filling than the regular high protein which only have 15.
Stephanie