Old 04-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #376  
PurpleSunshine

Carmen - He is having me do both resistance and heavy cardio - last time he had me start on the bike for 15 minutes and the last 5 minutes - he would throw me a medicine ball and I threw it back for a minute - then every other minute till done - the rest of the time was resistance or weights and then got on this really cool machine called the cardio wave - close to the elliptical but it goes out to the side instead of front ways like an elliptical - kind of similar to roller blading motion....it was fun....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #377  
Twin Mommi

Hey there purplepirate... where in NC are you?
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #378  
PurpleSunshine

Hi Shari - I'm in Raleigh - I used to live in Charlotte too - down near pineville!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #379  
Twin Mommi

Hi Heather,

I have a friend from H.S. that lives in Cary... we just realized how close we were and got together.. had not seen each other in 20 yrs... IT WAS AMAZING!!! anyway... Pineville is just booming.. don't know if you have been back lately. I actually live north of Charlotte in Harrisburg... near the Lowes Motor speedway.

have a great day.

Oh I went to WI today... i was up .4 I am not worried about .4 I plan on kickin it the rest of the week.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #380  
PurpleSunshine

Shari - yes I know exactly where that is - I come down there a few times a year - My grandmother still lives there with my aunt and uncle - I loved it there - but I'm closer to most of my family here ----

Glad you're not upset about the .4 - no need - probably just water weight or that time of the day - ......it is always good to keep your shoulders up and know you are doing the right thing!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #381  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Heatherpp:
Girl, That is so cool about a personal trainer! Hope he/she can help you a lot!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #382  
PurpleSunshine

Milca - I posted about my session in the friends thread, but girl - oh girl - he worked my butt off today!! he calls me "muscles" - kind of makes me feel good - he looked at me today and said "You have FIRE - and that makes all the difference!!!" - talk about being on cloud 10!!! but I'm paying for it - I'm already sore through the thighs and hips.....WOW
Old 04-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #383  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good for you Heather!!! I am turning green here.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #384  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies-

How's the POP challenge going? I have been POP since Sunday (had a bad day Saturday-no excuses!) and the scale is steadily heading down. I can't wait to WI on Sat for my official "ticker weight". I think I'm starting TOM today too-a bit early, but . . . Anyway-when I realized I've been losing even during PMS and the bloating I can totally feel-I was amazed. I've never lost on TOM-always gained. So Sat's weight (and today's for that matter) may be a bit higher than it really is. This is so cool. So far I'm not hating the shakes. I thought I would.

So me and the potential new BF are going to the opera on Fri. He wanted to go out to dinner but I told him since I was going to WI on Sat morning, I would prefer not to. There's always so much sodium-I usually gain immediately after eating out-even OP. He was cool about it-he's doing SB right now . . . .

Have a great day guys. Remember take each day one at a time and be determined to be POP that day!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #385  
Katie

Wow, opera, huh? How cool is that? Good for you Julie Marie. So far so POP for me today!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #386  
Twin Mommi

Julimarie - good for you... there is somebody for every one out there... happy things are moving along for you.

Heather- thanks for the kind words... I am going to do TO tomorrow and Friday and see what that does for me! I need a kick in the pants .. tee hee :-)

im POPin today!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #387  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Juliemarie-
Still POP since Saturday but no change in the scales. Hangin in there till after 2nd TO. If no change with the shakes, I may just go back to OP eating instead or change to the low carb shakes. I think b/w the Luna bars and the shakes I may be getting too many carbs. We will see. Im keeping positive and I am willing to change some stuff around to see what will happen!
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #388  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

love2eat-if you still don't see a change after the 2nd TO-try dropping the lunas and keeping the shakes for awhile. Move up a plan to allow for more real food. If that doesn't work-then maybe stop doing the shakes too.

I gotta say-I look freaking hot today I'm wearing a new ribbed T-shirt (in a 18/20 that is none too snug) and my "skinny" jeans. Add my platform white Sketcher flip-flops and I'm rockin' . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #389  
Katie

Go Julie, go Julie, go go, go Julie!!!!! You gotta love that feeling!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #390  

Hey babe-a-licious Julie -- I am POP, too. I am on TOM, so I'm not showing a loss, but I am hoping for a good loss by Friday, cause me and NYC will not be eating POP! (although, I will try...)
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote