Old 04-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #436  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I'm not adding any starches to my low carb shake, BUT I have been using some heavier starches (like a mini bagel a day) so I feel that makes up for it. I'd be careful adding another starch unless all your reg. starches are very light (like lite bread)
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #437  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Stiesta-Congrats! TOM is next week for me so we will see! Starting the lemon water and midol with dierutic today and through next Thursday..usually works for me but I don't expect to see any loss till next Friday.

Dairy-Thanks for the info. I was wary about adding another starch! Since I am not doing the lites I am adding 1/2 protien. Someone (can't remember who) told me if I wasn't doing lites to add 1/2 P and 1 light S. We will see. If my appetite cooperates I am going to stick to just adding the extra 1/2 P. One of my starches is the shake and the other is usually half a tortilla or 1/2 baked potato so I wouldn't consider those "lite!"

Hopefully these changes (taking away the bars, changing to low carb shakes, and adding 1/2 P) will get me out of this stall! Iam also going to really watch my caloric intake and make sure I am getting my 1200 calories! I think that really might have had something to do with it. Looking forward to being regular OP Sat and Sun and starting TO again on Monday. Are you guys doing the restricted the 2nd time or the regular TO? I know last time I did the restricted I only went down .5 lbs in 2 days. Not really worth it, but it was with the oranges instead of with the TO juice. I gotta get this weight off....wanna look FABULOUS in my bathing suit in Gulf Shores in July! I have 9 weeks so we will see how it goes....might change my ticker to 125 or 128...just see what I look like when I get closer. I was happy at 133 but wanted 127.
Stephanie
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #438  
Bring sexy back

Whoa Stephanie...I think there is some confusion here.

If you are not doing any lites, you move up to the next plan. I am adding 1/2p and 1 starch to replace ONE lite. I am still eating 1 lite. I have been on plan since June 05 and am doing this switchup basically out of boredom with the gold plan as is and fear of the purple plan (which is the lowest you are supposed to go without lites). Currently I am doing the challenge so I am subbing a low carb shake for one protein and one starch. Of my remaining starch portions for the day, one is usually lite and one is heavy. I am happy with this switchup because I got bored. I am worried if you haven't been on plan before you should probably stick to the basics. I REALLY REALLY REALLY would hate for you to do something that I said I was doing and then end up having a metabolism stall because you are not eating enough. If you are subbing 1/2 protein for 2 lites, you are definitely eating way too little. I may have misunderstood what you said, so sorry if that is the case. Also, if you go to a center you need to do waht they say. I am accountable only to myself...I don't go to a center. If I fail I don't have them breathing down my necks and I am not wasting my money going behind their back and doing stuff that isn't center approved.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #439  
PurpleSunshine

Dairy - that is exactly what I was trying to say earlier - but I didn't explain it quite as well as you did!!!

I thought one bar = 1/2P 1S - I thought she was eating way to little too - I would've starved!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #440  
Stephanie

I am on the gold plan. I think the only difference b/w the gold and purple (step up from gold) is 1 extra vegetable and slightly bigger portion sizes. This is what I am supposed if I step up from gold, right? So even if I add the extra veggie, I'm still adding 1/2 P more than I am supposed to anyway, right? If anyone knows about the purple plan, please let me know. I don't go to a center anymore.
Stephanie
Old 04-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #441  
Stephanie

I have done the plan before....all the way into maintenance. I did some subbing then too...had toruble getting fruits in so I switched my 3 fruits for 1S and 1D every other day (ok'ed by my COD). I did this some in maintenance too. Really, this isn't much less than I ate when I was going to the center except I am losing calories from not doing the bars and exchanging the shake for a P and S.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #442  
Bring sexy back

The portion sizes of the proteins are a good deal bigger.

2protein of pb on purple = 600 cal
2 protein of pb on gold= 400 cal.

If you do start subbing stuff (and it works for you), please just keep a calorie count every day (esp. while you are doing the shakes) so you don't start getting less than 1200 calories a day. I don't want you fainting on us
Old 04-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #443  
Bring sexy back

200 calories is about the size of a whole small (gold or blue) protein.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #444  
PurpleSunshine

blue has 1/2P and 1S more than gold
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #445  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Has anyone blended their shakes like a smoothie by mixing in some fruit ?? I'm sure you guys have - any suggestions?
I put mine in the freezer for a few hours, then as it sits and thaws its like a thick ice cream shake. If I forget to freeze it, I blend it with some ice, really good too!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #446  
Stephanie

Kristi- Sorry....when you sub you sub all 3 fruits for 1 S and 1D. I do some moderate stuff but I need to get back to my 3mile a day jog/speed walk 3 x a week and weight training 3x a week. I know if I do more than 5 hours a week I need to add 1/2 protein.

Dairy- Yeah, I think I have learned the hard way to keep track of my calories. I think that has been my problem so far. Since I have stalled on weight loss, I looked back and figured I was only getting about 8-900 calories. Now I am planning ahead to make sure I get my 1200 calories! Thanks for the info on the purple plan. I am thinking my 1/2 protein will usually be reduced fat peanut butter since it is a good way to get calories.

Any ideas where I could find the purple plan? All I have is the green and gold plan sizes. Don't want to skimp on anything!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #447  

I have a hard time with the fruit too. 1S and 1D? for 3 fruit?
hmmmm.
Also, in the "original challenge" you do TO every 2 weeks right? So, I should do TO again on Monday and Tuesday. Limited or unlimited? Limited is very hard for me.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #448  
Stephanie

I am thinking I am going to do unlimited, but try to stick with lower portion sizes. Last time I did limited I only lost .5 lbs.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Stiesta - thanks for the encouragement - I am trying to embed "It's just a number" in my head whenever I get silly about it.
But dam - it's frustrating.
Had a NSV today - some older gentleman was beside me while I was perusing through the meal replacement/slimfast bars, he said "You don't need those at all"
How nice - a compliment from a total stranger!
I was looking for the Kashi go lean squares - to no avail.

I'm going to chill - be good - and start limited T/O on Mon-Tues.
Anyone else on that wagon?

PS - Stiesta have a fabulous trip to NYC.
I am green with envy

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #450  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JM--I'm with you--if I can't WI in the same clothes and on an empty stomack it's not happening. I made the mistake of going with DH one afternoon and just about had a breakdown! After most of my food and a gallon of water you can only imagine the difference!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote