Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #842  

Stomach alittle sore from yesterday
This A.M.
Ab and Bun/Thigh tape.......
Old 12-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #843  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Hi Katie, it seems we have similar tastes in threads. I made this posting in another thread but maybe i can get some help feed back here.

I'm 29yrs and I really want to ring in my 30th better than ever and w/ my 2 boys, well lets just say they are getting bigger and faster everyday. I've always had a problem w/ my weight, tried it all (NutriSystem & Jenny Craig) but they never last. On Jenny lost 30 lbs when I was 19 for my sister's wedding (and though I looked miiighty fine if i do say so myself) but it all came back. And now after the kids i'm at my biggest. I stated LA on 12/8/05 and have lost 5lbs to start with in the 1st week. The recipes and support i'm seeing on 3FC is great and i think will really help.

I'm feeling committed and motived right now but i'm having trouble finding time to excersize. I've never been the best at time management but now with the 2 boy (3yrs and 6mon) it nexts to impossible to find the time.

Does anyone have any tips to help me get more excersize or find the time to work out? I really want to make a change in my life, health and body but I'm having a hard time making those needed changes. Also, I'm really not at my greatest in the AM, so waking up early and doing it consistently is just not realistic for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #844  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have realized that my family and job will take up every second of my life, if I let them. I have learned to say, "No, I need some me time. You are going to take a nap, I am going to exercise." Or, to DH, "I have been doing this all day. It is your turn to be in charge of the kids, I am going to exercise." Since no one is going to take care of you, except for you, it is YOU that has to stand up for yourself, and give yourself some time. You deserve to treat yourself well, and exercise and weight loss are a great way to go. Don't feel selfish for saying "No! I need my time too." Moms have a dang hard job. They deserve breaks too. Okay, off my soapbox! Good luck!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #845  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Katie - I don't want to sound like a sap or a softie but you have no idea how much what you just said means to me. I don't know if u watch Oprah but she calls them "Ah-ha!" moments and i just had one. I'm alway so consumed w/ what i have to do for everyone else i barely have a moment to shower and it is leaving me on empty. I think the fact that i made the step to go to LAWL and made that financial investment, i need to take advantage of this opportunity i have. The best way to take care of them is to take care of me first. Thank you again for your words, u got me all choked up...but then again i only had my son 6 months ago...might still be a bit post-pardom! LOL (That's a joke, no need to call a hotline or anything) LOL. But seriously...thank you
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #846  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Denise- I had three babies in three years. I know how you feel. As moms we tend to loose ourselves sometimes. Glad I could give you an Ah-ha!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #847  

Did turbo jam learn and burn tape. .

Julie
*1*
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #848  

Julie - I'm so glad to see this thread come back to life! How do you like Turbo-Jam???

DH went up north and he is bringing back my recumbent exercise bike. The foot doc said I can do that type of workout now.....oh-rah.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #849  

I actually LIKE it. The first tape isn't too tough - but I think I'll be doing it for a few days.

Thought I'd get a start on my New Years goal!

I bet you're itching to do something, anything. .
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #850  

I'm going to leave work soon and go to the gym. I need to burn some of those calories from the McD's ice cream cone I had last night.
mnpeach00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #851  

Julie - I am anxious to get back to exercise. The foot doc says I can do whatever feels good not, except kick my DH. I don't know why he threw that last remark in, but DH is his patient too.......lol
Speaking of DH, he will be back today with my recumbent bike. That is probably where I will start.
The doc told me I can wear my regular shoes now. I was thrilled to be able to get rid of this surgery shoe. So this morning I ran into a problem, none of my shoes fit yet...so back to the surgery 'plank' shoe........boo-hoo....
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #852  
Attitude is everything!!

Good morning ladies. I am somewhat afraid to post here, but I have been putting off the 'exercise' portion of my life habits makeover and need to commit. I don't want to make this a New Year's resolution, I just know that I need to get back on track.

Last March (can't believe it has been that long) I started working out 6 days a week. I did it for almost 4 months and then gave myself a day off. As you can see, the days have kept mounting up. So...I pledge to get up in the morning and do a daily workout (3 times per week to start and work myself back up to 6)

My biggest problem is that I cannot work out in the evening because I have too many 'family' distractions. I hate mornings, so getting up earlier is a difficult thing for me to make myself do. I DO know that after the 2nd week, I actually start to feel better...but still hate getting up.

Thanks for listening to my rant. See you here next week.
DestinyS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #853  

Destiny - Good for you on wanting to restart your exercise program....
The reason you feel better after two weeks is becuz your body starts to get use to doing it. Matter of fact, a habit takes 21 days to form, so I'd say no matter how hard it is, give it 21 days and see if it gets easier....
Don't mean to sound preachy, but I have to do the same thing myself. I honestly love to exercise and I know it's worth getting up at 4:30 a.m. to do...
See you back on here more often......
Old 01-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #854  

Time to rejump this thread....
Yesterday -
Morning - 25 mintues recumbent exercise bike
ab tape
bun and thigh roller tape

Evening -
45 mintues exercise bike.

This a.m.
x-bike - 30 minutes
ab tape,
bun and thigh roller tape..

OH-RAH - it's good to be moving again........
Old 01-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #855  

Default Getting back on track with....

Tonight:
40 minutes power walk on treadmill - sprint last "lap"

3 reps of 12 on bench press, chest press, ab machine, "the butt burner", inner and outer thigh machines and leg press
lacey125 is offline   Reply With Quote