Old 09-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #706  

Oo-rah- did my interval training tape - 40 minutes - thank heavens it's almost all lower body toning in between the aerobic intervals --

WTG, Carmen - Star is going to whip us into shape!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:48 PM   #707  

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it
Remember, it's for you own good
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #708  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I submit - fully! I want to be "above average fit" for my age too! What an accomplishment.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #709  

Default Morning Chicks....

Last night (jazzercise). It was fun and I noticed it really makes me sweat. I'll take that is a good sign.

Today - gym - (circuit train) - 45 minutes
- 10 minutes - really to talk to my friend, who I'm trying to hookup with another friend

Jen - isn't it nice having other fit chick posters in the yard.......
Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #710  
234/165.8/160

It is great to see more fit chicks in the yard!!! Keep up the great work! I only got in a couple of miles last night, still trying to get ready to go out of town for work and prepare house for family coming to town this weekend.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #711  

Boy - am I feeling it in my arms (still from SUNDAY) and in my abs -- today the plan is a yoga tape, I think -- or maybe pilates, or maybe both . .. after I WI. I'm still up - I guess my muscles are retaining water?? Or I'm still suffering from weekend sodium. . . yuck.

Julie
Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #712  
Choc Thunder

I'm feeling a bit sluggish today, not sure if it was the workout or what . I can't think of any other reason it could be. I DO know that yesterday after working out I was all energized and that is the first time a workout made me feel that way. I think the difference was that I paid close attention to the heart rate monitor and kept my rate in the "cardio" range. Any other time it would be way too high. Its just hard to believe that I could actually get a good workout without being winded to the point of hyperventilation (which is what I'm used to experiencing during a workout). So today at 1:45 there is a yoga class. I think I am going to try it. Wish me luck, my balance is a real joke!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #713  

Carmen, I LOVE it that you are already trying new and different types of exercise. It is my opinion, that will help keep your interest and ward off boredom Besides how else will you know what you like and don't like in torture - this way you can pick....

Julie - I just love it when I feel soreness It's a sure way to tell you have worked those lazy little muscles
Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #714  
Choc Thunder

Thanks Star, I hope I am able to keep up with it. Okay, I went to yoga and ran into one of my favorite people of all time. We got caught up a bit. About the class...it was REALLY challenging! I can't balance at all. Its a wonder I can walk upright. I felt like such a klutz. BUT the instructor told me I did well for my first time, and she urged me to come back. I think I'll go back. The class reminded me a lot of pilates. It was really tough, and my arms got a real workout.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #715  

Carmen - Yoga is very hard at first it works your muscles in a different way than say cardio.....it makes them stronger. It is therefore similar to pilates, building your core muscles. Even jazzercise has some pilates type moves in it now, they are still hard for me......I'm glad you liked it and you'll go again (thats water)
Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #716  

Carmen, I am groaning in recognition -- I did a yoga tape, too - I thought it was supposed to be relaxing -- I have movement-challenged-anxiety. . . And some of the poses are held long enough so that my muscles start to shake. I'm going to take Star's words to heart -- it's just that those poor muscles aren't used to this type of action. . .
Old 09-21-2005, 08:47 AM   #717  

Today's goal is more cardio and back to arms - they've stopped aching, so they're ready for more action . ..
Old 09-21-2005, 08:49 AM   #718  

Default Happy Hump Day to you fit chicks....

Julie - Thoses shaking muscles are yelling "what the heck are you doing to me " That is such a great sign You are bringing them out of the coma....... (It will stop soon)...

Today -
This a.m. gym - speed 4, 336 calories gone, 4.20 miles - one hour

Noticed since I am going alittle faster I sweat like a
Old 09-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #719  

Did 30 minutes of cardio -oo-rah -- 4 days in a row (maybe this is a trend)
Old 09-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #720  

going to cardio-karate this evening.

I can't work out the way i useto with this new job, so I am looking to getting some cardio DVD's and doing cardio at home 4-5 times a week and going to my class on Wed nights.

I'll have to put weight training on hold until later, plus since they won't take me off of blue, at least I can work out enough to stay hungry enough to eat all of that meat

I like crunch fitness DVD's so I ordered 2 of them and the carme electra striptease one (i couldn't resist) I also got a cardio dance, a Shrinking Women's fat zone one and pilates.

I have blockbuster on-line, so I am just ordering the DVD's and burning a copy at home and sending them back (so it won't cost me much)

Anybody know of any good DVD's out there?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote