Old 09-21-2005, 08:28 PM   #721  

Hey fit chickies - I'm claiming THREE bucks for my fund today. I did the usual 30 min on the treadmill in the a.m., then worked with my horse for about an hour today. She had the whole weekend off, and it was like starting over from scratch in the keeping-her-focused department. She just didn't want to pay attention, so we had to work EXTRA hard (both of us!!!). So I feel justified in claiming $3 for the extra-tough workout I got.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:41 AM   #722  

Default .

Julie - It's not a trend - it's a great new habit
Fiona - your gonna have those new shoes in no time

shennie_97 - How many exercise tapes does one chick need Well I have my fair share ( ) I really like the Beach Body Series. You can check it out on Beachbody.com.....

(Jazzercise) last night. I'm starting to enjoy it more, but it makes my M,W&T really busy with the double duty exercise (a.m. & p.m.)

This a.m. gym - 45 mintues (circuit train) oh-rah
Noticed also that my arms are looking more defined now. I guess the 3 days cardio, two day weights is working better for me......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:24 AM   #723  

Hey fit chicks!

WTG Fiona, those shoes are closer and closer. I did take a good look at the ones I've been wearing lately, and noticed that the back fabric has worn away -- not a good sign!

Shennie - about the videos - I have several, and most of them are Kathy Smith - I love her cueing, she has one for every type of workout that you can imagine -- I find that I go to them time and time again -- I have a karen voigt tape (old), and I'm trying to branch out into other formats --

Star -- I think it's awesome that you can see more defination in your arms with as much as you work out -- I always imagined that you'd have great arms and legs. . .

I keep on hearing about tae-bo - - what is it, and does anyone like it?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #724  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
I keep on hearing about tae-bo - - what is it, and does anyone like it?

Julie

I take a cardio-karate (tae bo class) at my gym and i like it.

You can order the billy blanks tapes 9 I use to do them about three years ago when they first came out, but I like my class more than him

Basically it is a mixture of martial arts with cardio. there are punches, kicks and all of that stuff. I like it so much better than plain old arebics
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #725  

Hey Julie - I have ONE Billy Blanks tae-bo DVD that I bought years ago before I started yoga. It's gathering dust in the video cabinet. If you think yoga gives you movement anxiety, tae bo will drive you nuts. I just can't do it (I can't keep up with regular aerobics moves, either), I always move the wrong foot at the wrong time and get all turned around. I can handle the warm-ups, like punch-punch-punch, but when he gets into punch-kick-step-step-kick-step-punch, (I just made that up, BTW) I want to cry.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:07 AM   #726  

Years ago, in the 70's my family took Karate. Karate is an excellent tool for coordination, balance, strength and confidence. Saying that, I wonder if I should try and fit it back in my schedule somewhere.

Last edited by Star; 09-22-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #727  

okay, did 30 min cardio -- interesting that this is a tape that I started back in March, I still remember the moves, so it's a little easier, but still brings up a sweat.

Maybe I'll see if I can find a used tae-bo tape and give it a try -- Fiona, about the foot work, it IS frustrating, but it feels so good when I'm finally in synch.

Star -- you need another exercise class like I need, hmmm ??
Old 09-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #728  

Info on my bunions, becuz I know you are all dying to know...
The doctor said that now, since I've waited so long, the plan has changed.
No longer do I have to have surgery where he puts surgical pins in my foot.
NOW he will just replace the entire joint. The good news is, he likes this surgery better, less healing time and I can work out 3 weeks after surgery.

So he gave me a shot in the bunion and said he'll see me next week for another shot. Surgery will be scheduled after my prolapse surgery.
(See this is what happens when we get older )
Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #729  

eek - replace the entire joint? I'll never wear pointy shoes again. Is it the toe joint?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #730  

yes, big toe - both feet......
Old 09-22-2005, 02:10 PM   #731  

Quote:
So he gave me a shot in the bunion
I don't know why, but this sounds HILARIOUS in my head.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #732  

Fiona (BKS) I'm really glad that my pain gives you such joy

Thank gosh he froze it first.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #733  

Did you have to hobble out, or did they put you in a wheel chair
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #734  

Julie - no, actually after he froze it I couldn't feel anything. The shot didn't hurt. I walked to the car, drove home and then went to Jazzercise....lol
Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #735  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Okay y'all this is getting frustrating...

I am supposed to be in class right now (actually should be finishing up) but I couldn't go because my friggin pager went off at 1:30 and the class started at 1:45. I just finished up the problem I was working on, but now I have a meeting at 3:00, then I have to leave by 4:30, pick up DS and make it to open house by 6:00. No time for the workout today, unless I go home and try to catch Gilad on FitTV. How do you all deal with unexpected changes in schedule?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote