S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi Ladies, Happy Monday.
How are you all doing? I had a pretty crazy weekend....back to work today
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Jenny! Hi darbs! Great to see you both.

I am up about 8 pounds from where I like to be. I am fluctuating between phase 1 and following the nutrition guidelines I am getting from my precision nutrition program. Generally they want us to eat protein and veggies at every meal. So pretty easy.

My thought is I will suck it up and phase 1 until I get 5 pounds off. With some added fat as I seem to need it to lose.

I follow the p.n. work outs so I do weight training 3 days a week, hiit training 2 days a week and one active recovery day where I usually choose Zumba.

My bodyfat is at around 18% based on a 7 point caliper reading and the bi scale. My goal for the year is to see 15%. I know I could probably just work on being satisfied as is, but I want to see my abs!

Overall I know my problem is that I drink too much on the weekends with my friends and then eat off plan. None of my friends exercise or diet like I do and they are generally all over weight. The city I live in is that kind of place-lots of eating, drinking, etc. they all think I am too obsessed with this as it is.

I struggle every week with this. Then Friday rolls around and I get sucked into whatever is going on. Until I figure out my real priorities I know this will be my Achilles heel.

Sigh.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #348  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Momto2cs - I know EXACTLY how you feel. Why is it that I look so forward to the weekend and then when it finally comes I can't wait until Monday rolls around so I'm not in the house with all the temptations? Why are my cravings so intensified on the weekends!?
I'm currently on P3, and for some reason whenever I have a cheat it has to be a full on big cheat. Never just a small handful of something. I'm hoping it's because I know it's a cheat and it's like - get as much of it now cuz you won't be having it until you're off plan. I'm really hoping when I'm in maintenance I'll be able to have a handful of m&ms or chips or something and be satisfied cuz I know I'll be able to have another handful the next day if I still want some. Anyone else experience this or able to relate?
I'm just terrified to be in full on maintenance mode.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #349  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Momto2cs: I have the same problem. The weekends and drinking too much. I work out all week, eat really well and then go completely overboard on the weekends.

I need to lose about 8 lbs too. My husband and I are going to start trying to have a baby too & I really would like to lose some weight before getting pregnant. Looks like I need to really reign in the weekends.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #350  

Sara
If you figure out how please let me know!
I keep trying to find some way to make my want to stay on plan stronger than my want to have fun. I was able to do this my first time doing ip.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #351  

Mom, your bodyfat is awesome, and I think you are doing great.
Why is there a lack of information concerning Phasing off? I am going to be phasing off and I am looking for reading material to guide me through and I cant find anything. I know I dont want to be stuck doing Phase 1....like 5 days a week, that doesnt work for me and my lifestyle.

KNM,Are you finding that your weight has been stable in Phase 3? Can you give me an axample of what you eat on a typical day for breakfast lunch and dinner? I would really appreciate it
Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #352  

Lexi

Have you pm d lizRR? She seemed to have phase 3 and 4 pretty under control. I think she could give you some good advice.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #353  
knm

Hey Lexi,
When I was on my first vacation I was on P3 and came home without having gained any weight.
Here's what a usual day was like for me:
1/2 peach mango IP drink
then I'd go to the gym - cardio about 45 mins and weights/abs about 20-30 mins
afterwards I'd have the second 1/2 of the IP drink and:
- english muffin - oroweat double fibre
- 1/2 cup fage greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp pb
- 1/4 c blueberries
- 1/3 c strawberries
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
for lunch usually a salad with chicken and extra veggies (cucumbers, peppers) with oil and vinegar
for supper usually just any sort of meat (chicken, beef, lamb) with more veggies and maybe another salad if i was still really hungry.

There were a few days when I think I had a bit too much fat for bfast and I started gaining slowly. I cut back on my pb or turkey bacon at breakfast for a day or two afterwards and it came right off.

Because I don't have easy access to a gym right now I'm a bit more hesistant on phase 3 and haven't been having the IP drink because I don't need the extra protein in the morning.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #354  

Knm
I can't imagine that the calories in the peach mango drink would be a problem, even if you aren't exercising. Most women need more protein. If you like it I would keep it in.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #355  
knm

Momto2cs - you're right, the protein drink is only between 80 to 100 calories, which isn't too concerning. It's more that I need a bit of something before a workout in the mornings, but want to save the big bfast for afterwards, and since we're not suppose to break up the bfast into separate parts I figured having the IP drink beforehand was okay.

If I start gaining this time around ill probably cut down on the pb or turkey bacon. And add the IP drink instead if I need more protein.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #356  

KNM thank you so much for all the info.
Mom, thank you for referrng me to Liz I will message her.

I want to phase off before my brothers wedding, so I want to start phasing off this Saturday. I need some guidance because I want to be in Phase 3 by March 22nd.

Should I start phasing off this saturday by doing Phase 2 for a few days or should I go straight to Phase 3, I have read arguments for both in the blogs. Can someone give me advice? How many Phase 2 days do I need?
Thank you in advance
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #357  
knm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
KNM thank you so much for all the info.
Mom, thank you for referrng me to Liz I will message her.

I want to phase off before my brothers wedding, so I want to start phasing off this Saturday. I need some guidance because I want to be in Phase 3 by March 22nd.

Should I start phasing off this saturday by doing Phase 2 for a few days or should I go straight to Phase 3, I have read arguments for both in the blogs. Can someone give me advice? How many Phase 2 days do I need?
Thank you in advance
Hey Lexi,
I did Phase 2 for about 10 days before switching to Phase 3. I didn't have a full out stall where the scale hadn't moved for a few weeks, but it was definitely moving a lot slower. Once I switched to Phase 2 it seemed to pick up a bit. I know everyone is different, but there's a good chance you could continue to lose in Phase 2.
Once you get to Phase 3, I'm not sure if you typically weight yourself daily, but for me this helped a lot. If I noticed the scale crept up a bit for 2 or 3 days in a row I'd re-evaluate what I was eating and nip it in the butt before I was a week into it and up 3 lbs. I didn't gain anything my first time around on Phase 3.
That being said, I started Phase 3 again on Saturday and I'm up about 2 lbs today. I think part of it is water retention (at least I'm hoping), plus I've had higher fat meats the last day or two, so I'm thinking that along with the added fat at bfast it's a bit too much for me, so I'm gonna go back to lean meats for a few days and try and limit my fat at bfast as well and see if that helps.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #358  
knm

For those experienced Maintainers - I'm hoping you can give me some advice. (Sorry in advance for the long post!)
I phased off for a vacation in February - After about 6 weeks on Phase 1 I did Phase 2 for about 10 days, then while on vacation did Phase 3 for 10 days. When I returned I went back to Phase 1/2 for another 10 days, and am back on Phase 3 for about 5 days before I leave for my next vacation. While on vacation I'm planning to follow maintenance, with a big P3 bfast, fat at lunch and carbs at dinner (possibly even avoiding fats and carbs for lunch and dinner on days I can easily avoid them), although I will be drinking alcohol probably most days.
Ideally I'd still like to lose another 3-8 lbs before summer. I have a few events in the next two months (about three events over the 2 month period) that I would like to be off program for or have my cheat day.
Now, with all that being said, my question - will my pancreas be properly reset so that I can do a week or two on P1/2 when I return (to hopefully drop some more weight) and then have a planned cheat day on the days of the events and then go straight back to P1/2 until the next event? Or because I could very well be back in ketosis after a week or two of P1/2, would having a cheat day really set me back like it typically would if I was just starting IP and cheated?
I'm just trying to figure out the smartest way to lose a bit more weight, but also be allowed to enjoy these events. Any advice I would really appreciate! Thanks in advance!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #359  

I don't believe the pancreas is resting.
I get into ketosis in 2 or 3 days of phase 1. I would used phase 1 whenever you want to lose.

I consider short off plan eating almost like a carb cycling diet. If you have too many cheat days it will be hard to continue to lose, but you should maintain this way.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #360  

I had a cheat day during Phase 1 and I gained 4 lbs which took 2 weeks to get off