Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?

Opening a new thread as the other was shut down...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #2  

Patns- I am so sorry to hear that you've been feeling so unwell. The viruses this season seem especially virulent. I've been downing vitamin c & zinc but the thing I know will help the most is rest. So it's off to bed for me. Happy to hear that you are on the upturn. With all luck may you feel well for Christmas Day
Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Happy Holidays To All:

Been in maintenance for eight months and still do a phase 1 day on Sunday and sometimes Monday. My body seems to need in order to maintain my weight loss. Not complaining but to others have similar ways to maintain?
Endless Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #4  

Endless dieter- Are you having a free meal/ day and this is followed up with one/ two phase 1 days? Or eating consistently but have the one phase 1 day? Do you exercise regularly?
In my experience... If I had a hog wild free day it would take 2-3 phase 1 days to return to my 'normal' weight. If I had a more restrained free day it would take one phase 1 day. If I had no free day I would lose about 1- 1.5 pounds with no phase 1 day. The more I exercised and the more regular I became with it, it eased the burden of Phase 1 and I found that my weight- regardless of how crazy the free day was- would return to normal after one Phase 1 day. Things spun out on me a bit when I had more than one free day in a week. Which did not happen until I'd been in maintenance for six months. I've read research that states that having one low carb day per week is very beneficial to weight loss & maintenance.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hola I Peeps!
I've been threatening / meaning to do a reboot since Oct 1st...(I even posted here that I was planning, it.... but you know how time slips away from you). I managed to maintain within 2 lbs of my goal until about 6 weeks ago, when I just abandoned what I knew and went hog wild with sugar, baking, carbs, eating out A LOT... ya know how that goes!
So, I'm here to reboot with an extra 12 lbs!!! Yikes
However, with your support I KNOW I can get back to where I want to be again.
Patn - I haven't been keeping up with the threads, but hope you're feeling better, whatever it is.
Cap - Thanks for starting a new thread. Still no photo avatar?? ;-)

Since I last posted I read two books that had been mentioned here :
'Wheat Belly' and 'Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It.' I really found the 'Why We Get Fat..." book to be well written and the message resonates with me.
Also, hubby got me a phenomenal new camera for Christmas. I have an entirely new hobby to learn! (Which should help keep my focus off food.) When you say the word Camera Novice, subtract 20, then you get to my level! lol

I really need y'all to help me through the next 3 days especially. (OK, that's not entirely true.... through next 6-8 weeks or so....)

Any others returning for a post-holiday reboot?
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone

Thanks for continuing this thread Cap! I'm feeling more like I belong here than on the main maintenance thread until I start maintaining again! The best I've been able to do during the holidays are ph 1 days in between guests and gatherings. It's keeping me at 12-14 lbs over my original maintenance weight, so when I get started on strict ph1 for January I'll hopefully have the same and not more to lose. That seems to be working, plus been using my pedometer to track walking. That really works for me. What I'm still not doing is exercising with weights regularly. I'm so lethargic about that. Been to the gym for so many years, and have totally lost my get up and go. I need something in that dep't to perk me up again.
So...not great, but not awful either. I'm phase 1 till New Years Eve, so I can work off the past coupla Xmas meals.
As always...so glad we're all here checking in with each other!
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning All!

Haven't been on in AGES! So I've stayed within 4 pounds of my original goal through the holidays ... doing phase 1 days whenever I can. Man, holiday meals are tough!
My plan had always been to lose an extra 10 lbs or so in January and I'm revved up to do it. DH is also going to give it a shot! He won't go to my coach however ... he just wants me to assist him. A coach I am not! I can give him all the info and let him run with it though. It will be nice to work with him on it as it will be tough for me to keep my footing this time ...

Sunny - I've been dealing with that same issue of the weight training - for years I was so devoted and now I've just lost all my gumption. Maybe DH will do some with me and that will help!

Does anyone have the actual ideal protein website handy? I need to stock my hubbies food for him and get him a shaker

Have a great day everyone! Cap - thanks for starting the new thread!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

hi all. Tthank goodness for this site. I lost 30 lbs during the summer, and got to phase 4 in September. But it did no go according to plan...but even so, I only gained 5. Went in today for WI and a check-in, and now i am all in! I am moving toward ketosis...maybe by Sauturday.
Friends here helped me before. The best of the best are here, so I am happy to once again be connected!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Angie and Delgen, Glad to see you back! I started in August and you were both a great inspiration to me!

I'm on phase 4 right now, and cheating WAY too much! Next weekend I'm going to be at my parent's and I'm going to be careful but I'm eating. I know that I can make up for the damage when I get back. I don't know if I'll have to do phase 1 for awhile or just a day with phase 3 days the rest of the week until I get back into the healthy eating routine. After my Christmas cheat days, I'm finding myself still cheating so I think I'll have to be strick phase 1 for a bit.

I still have so much to learn!!
LoriKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
Angie and Delgen, Glad to see you back! I started in August and you were both a great inspiration to me!

I'm on phase 4 right now, and cheating WAY too much! Next weekend I'm going to be at my parent's and I'm going to be careful but I'm eating. I know that I can make up for the damage when I get back. I don't know if I'll have to do phase 1 for awhile or just a day with phase 3 days the rest of the week until I get back into the healthy eating routine. After my Christmas cheat days, I'm finding myself still cheating so I think I'll have to be strick phase 1 for a bit.

I still have so much to learn!!
I think it is all a process, and not an event. I am still learning. But I am super happy with the program overall.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/219/195

Height: 5'11"

Smile

Hi there I've been in maintenance for about a year now (lost 40lbs) and have just started back on phase 1- the lbs started creeping back on! My question is if I do phase 1 for say 5 weeks do I go through phase 2 & 3 the same way I did the 1st time? Or do we do it differently for a reboot? Thanks for the support everyone!
zweezers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #12  

Good morning Ladies

Yesterday was a good ph1 day. Today will be too if I keep checking in here and keep my head out of the sand! Just put a decent size order in at Nashua, so I can stay ahead of the game. Ordered the Weight Loss System cheesecake pudding and some sticky roll thing that someone on the alternative thread recommended. Trying to change things up so I stay interested this time around. Portioned out and froze XMas white meat turkey so I can have quick easy meals at my fingertips.

Silly tech question...how do you get your before and after photos up???
Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweezers View Post
Hi there I've been in maintenance for about a year now (lost 40lbs) and have just started back on phase 1- the lbs started creeping back on! My question is if I do phase 1 for say 5 weeks do I go through phase 2 & 3 the same way I did the 1st time? Or do we do it differently for a reboot? Thanks for the support everyone!
yes, you go through phase 2 for a week, then 3 for a week...that is what my coach told me.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Well after an enjoyable Christmas I have started my reboot. Not sure if it's still called that if it's more than a week that is needed. I am 12 pounds up from my lowest weight so it is a phase 1 January for me. I
am going to try to cut the stress of the scale this time so don't plan to weigh until last day of January. Off to do an order, will have to see if there is any good deals on the Canadian sites but may go with Nashua if their shipping offer is still on.
Glad to see some familiar faces back for a boost.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Well after an enjoyable Christmas I have started my reboot. Not sure if it's still called that if it's more than a week that is needed. I am 12 pounds up from my lowest weight so it is a phase 1 January for me. I
am going to try to cut the stress of the scale this time so don't plan to weigh until last day of January. Off to do an order, will have to see if there is any good deals on the Canadian sites but may go with Nashua if their shipping offer is still on.
Glad to see some familiar faces back for a boost.

Pat
Hi Pat
I've got the same 12 to go, so let's stay in touch. I'm with you on not weighing in at this time. I have found (this is just me) that WI's can be a form of punishment sometimes. I know how I look and feel. I also know how 12lbs less looks and feels, because I've already been there. When I start getting that lanky feeling again, I'll step on the scale to confirm that. Good luck! I know we can do it :0) PS. Just got my Nashua order as well. I believe they still have their free shipping over $49 and reduced shipping to Canada.