Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in...
Sarabean- don't fret. You will feel better when you have a day of Phase 1 behind you. It greatly improves your mentality when you feel like you're taking steps in the right direction. I know all too well the rebellion and 'ostriching'. You're on here though so it bothers you enough to want to tackle it. And it is sooo worth doing. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel both physically and mentally when you get into the groove of Phase 1. Look forward to your post tonight!
Lexi- what is involved in the cellulite protocol? I've heard of it but never tried it out...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,
Still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't with less than 10 lbs left to lose. P1 does not seem designed for this part of the re-boot. The scale has not budged below 127.8 and I feel very dry...skin, insides, sagging skin hair loss...
I've started adding coconut oil and fresh avocado to my diet. It feels like the right thing. More oil for me. I'll let you know how I do. My weight loss can't be any slower than it is, so I think it will actually help.
The message for me at this point might be to simply use real food, use calorie confusion tactics, food log on fat secret.com and have phase 1 type days to reduce carbs in general.
I see there are a bunch of us struggling with those last 5-10, so let's keep pooling our resources and results...see how we do it.
I'll let you know fellow weight warriors!!!
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I have been stuck since February 8th, 124lbs. Wont budge. So I started the cellulite protocol......5 IP packets a day no restricteds. Salad oil and 4 cups veggies. I will try this for 5-7 days, see what happens. Its really hard phough
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #274  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Weighed today...DRUM ROLL 114.8 lbs
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #275  

wow Roo, did you do anything different? I need some help
Congrats!!!!!!! Im so happy for you
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #276  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

Thanks Lexi
just working IP

Roo2
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #277  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Roo2- that is great! Congrats!

Today was my first day back on phase 1. Herb and cheese omelette for breakfast, salad with olive oil and an ip soup for lunch, chicken and broccoli for dinner, ip hot chocolate for a snack. feels pretty good. I have also been training for a 1/2 marathon. I am up to 10 miles. the race is in a few weeks. Going to stay on protocol until race day (will def need some carbs to run...) thanks for the support everyone. it feels great to get back on track.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #278  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Great day for a start, SaraBean. I'm envious of your running. You will do great at your 1/2 marathon.

I managed to stay OP even though my mind was trying to come up with all sorts of creative ways to fudge. Once I got to work, my officemate announced that this was her day 1 of Phase 1 with about 50 lbs to go. Well, that pretty much sealed it. With her watching me during the day and this forum at night, OP is the only option.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi Ladies,
Still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't with less than 10 lbs left to lose. P1 does not seem designed for this part of the re-boot. The scale has not budged below 127.8 and I feel very dry...skin, insides, sagging skin hair loss...
I've started adding coconut oil and fresh avocado to my diet. It feels like the right thing. More oil for me. I'll let you know how I do. My weight loss can't be any slower than it is, so I think it will actually help.
The message for me at this point might be to simply use real food, use calorie confusion tactics, food log on fat secret.com and have phase 1 type days to reduce carbs in general.
I see there are a bunch of us struggling with those last 5-10, so let's keep pooling our resources and results...see how we do it.
I'll let you know fellow weight warriors!!!
Thank you for posting this. I have regained 10 pounds and phase 1 does not budge it! I reread Wheat Belly more carefully and am wondering if I need to do something more like that. I wish I paid more attention to it when I hit maintenance.The big difference for me if I do WB is the addition of the coconut oil and to use real food. I had missed the point that cornstarch is not good either and that seems to be in a lot of the alternative packets I had been using. I haven't had wheat in many years so that part doesn't make a difference.
It would probably help if I planned my meals more carefully too to get the calorieconfusion effect as you said.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 02-28-2013 at 12:33 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning rebooters!
I seriously need y'all to kick me in the butt, shout out when I go missing, and stay on my case.
As you know, I've been promising to reboot since late December.... finding excuses to put it off. Did 3 days a few weeks ago, never got totally back into ketosis, then went off for reasons unclear even to myself.
Well, excuse time is over. I restarted yesterday and plan to go all through the month of March. I will re-assess then to see if I need another month. I'm up 12 lbs from my original goal, but would like to lose 25 to try for a new all-time low. (That part may be wishful thinking considering that I've never been that low, and my age, and my lifestyle -fairly inactive during the day teaching.)
Sunny and Pat - I'm in complete agreement about finding what works. Maintenance is much harder than I anticipated. I read both 'Wheat Belly' and 'Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It'. Personally, I found WWGFAWTDAI to be more realistic and "do-able" for me. I just wish the title wasn't so awkward. lol
Anyway... I'm bacccck!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #281  

I am feeling pretty bad on the cellulite prtocol, I am only down 0.3. From 124 to 123.7. My body just doesnt want to give it up.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #282  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Great day for a start, SaraBean. I'm envious of your running. You will do great at your 1/2 marathon.

I managed to stay OP even though my mind was trying to come up with all sorts of creative ways to fudge. Once I got to work, my officemate announced that this was her day 1 of Phase 1 with about 50 lbs to go. Well, that pretty much sealed it. With her watching me during the day and this forum at night, OP is the only option.
Looks like we both had successful first days back! That's great that you have an office mate to keep you on track.

SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #283  

Roo, Angie, Where is everyone, did I lose all the re-booters?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Thank you for posting this. I have regained 10 pounds and phase 1 does not budge it! I reread Wheat Belly more carefully and am wondering if I need to do something more like that. I wish I paid more attention to it when I hit maintenance.The big difference for me if I do WB is the addition of the coconut oil and to use rea food. I had missed the point that cornstarch is not good either and that seems to be in a lot of the alternative packets I had been using. I haven't had wheat in many years so that part doesn't make a difference.
It would probably help if I planned my meals more carefully too to get the calorieconfusion effect as you said.
Pat
Hi Pat,

Roo seems to know the secret in how to lose the last 10, but doesnt want to share it with us Just kidding, Roo is doing awesome, you should probably ask her. I am stuck just like you struggling with 10 lbs
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #285  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

You Know your OP when....
You take your Mother to ER for Chestpain And you grab your Shaker and Ideal Protein for the trip!

So I have enough Packets and I can run to Cafeteria for Veggies if need me!

So who would thought this would turn into a NSV

Mom resting quietly and drinking my IP and using Free WIFI ,was not planned but sometimes you just roll with it!

I love this Hospital the staff is so compassionate and my mom has a lot of frequent flyer miles .

Good Luck everyone, Roo2