Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

you are right!
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

This way way down on page 3! Just bumping it up.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #228  

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #229  

Morning! Hope your weekend was good too!! Here we go into another week; this year is just flying by.
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Well...I finally broke out of 128's today...jeez....I am so stoked. I might even be more excited because of how slow it's been. Maybe it's about practicing better habits all over again and getting a better anchor on eating. All things for a reason.
Confession though...I do notice my thoughts around getting back to maintenance goal weight..."can't wait to have a drink", eat nuts,hard cheese, ...go wild kind of thoughts, you know the ones, right? So...this is the time, right now, to have that talk with myself about what maintenance really means.To really get prepared and wrap my mind around lifestyle and living this way with consciousness. We've all been figuring out our fun/free days. I think this is the kicker. Some of us have the sugar trigger, the all day fun day trigger, etc. Now I can think about having a one meal fun day instead of an all day binge, just because I can. Well, the truth is, I can't.
I'm enjoying and learning tons from all of you on how you navigate your ways thru maintenance. I daresay, I don't think I ever would have learned any of this from a coach, unless they were LUV2BeLoved!!!!
Have a great day everyone.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #231  

That's awesome sunny! I was also 124.3 this morning after a three week stall. 9 lbs to go but I'm happy I lost some. I'm also having similar thoughts. I'm not sure why. I keep thinking its because I've been eating the same things for so long?myb. I really just want to skip phase 2 abd go straight to 3 and start exercising. My stomach needs help
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I'm enjoying and learning tons from all of you on how you navigate your ways thru maintenance. I daresay, I don't think I ever would have learned any of this from a coach, unless they were LUV2BeLoved!!!!
Have a great day everyone.

Good to see you posting with your "been there"thoughts. I am up 9 pounds I need to get off and it is so much slower this time.

I have been hesitate to post much here because I have noticed on other threads some people getting upset that people regain in maintenance.

The bitter truth is that it is a lot tougher once you are out of ketosis and maintenance will always be a story of ups and downs. The trick is to keep the ups at a reasonable level so the downs are not so hard.

Several things have made maintaining a bit tough for me mentally. One is because I am both gluten and dairy intolerent I can't add back many of the foods we look forward to in maintenance. What was left for me to add back was sugar which I did with wild abandon over the Christmas holidays.

The other thing I have had trouble getting my head around is that at my age and height maintaining at 130 requires only a few calories above what I had on phase1.

Well enough of the misery is me section! What has made it imperative to get this regain off is that I gave away my large clothes as I went down in sizes and refuse to replace them.
So I have to look at what is making it hard to relose this 10 pounds.

The first thing I have been doing wrong over the past 2 months I think is that I paniced and thought I needed to go on a bootcamp type of plan. This has resulted in the same 3 pounds going and coming every week. So I need to look at what worked the first time through. The big difference has been the huge salad I used to have twice a day.

This doesn't have the same appeal in our bitter winter. I did try to make soups instead but I don't like them without a tomato base. The raw salad veggies have more fibre too.

I am just thinking öutloud" here, that is why I like Sunnymae's comment on learning your way through maintenance. We all have different issues with food and have to come to grips with the fact that losing the weight doesn't mean we can eat like everyone else.

Off to use my eliptical machine, and hopefully a more positive food day.

Congrats on your breakthrogh Sunnymae, that is encouraging!

Pat

Last edited by patns; 02-18-2013 at 12:01 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #233  

People on this thread are really nice. We all have been there and understand
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #234  

I think the big problem is that we view maintenance as part of a phase when, in reality, it is not a phase - it is our lives. And just like our lives, our eating habits have ups and downs and the issue isn't gaining (we cant be perfect all throughout life), the issue is not doing anything about it - the reason we got where we did the first time around. The fact we are all here today and doing something about the weight gain is amazing, and we shouldn't treat it as though we have 'failed' maintenance; theres no way we can fail maintenance, it's just our lives and for all we know this could happen again. Each day is a new day and every day we will learn what our new bodies can and cannot handle.
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #235  

Good Morning everyone,
I agree wth xolina. I think you have to change your life to maintain. I will definitely be hard core working out, and running.
But I am already afraid of Maintenance, I am nervous that I will gain it back.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #236  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Great posts all!! I guess we all just have to take one day at a time.....now, and in maintenance!

I maintained for almost a year. Then I got sloppy, one treat day turned into a couple.....so on and so on. What I just don't understand is why I couldn't seem to get a "grip" when I was up 10 lbs, or 20! I REMEMBER being up 20 and thinking "oh I'm ok...I'll take this off starting tmr...". I don't know why it took me to get up over 30 lbs to "snap out of it" and realize I needed to stop the insanity!! Of course it COULD have been the lack of clothes that fit! Grrrr!

Hubby and I both gained some of the weight back, so we're BOTH doing this again.....and will once again phase out properly. We have committed to one another (and involved our friends as well) to help keep us on track. No saying "you don't look like you've gained weight Honey"....blah, blah, blah!!
I hope and pray that we can stay in maintenance for the rest of our healthy lives! And I pray for all my friends on here too!!

Keep up the great work all! I couldn't do this without you!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolina13 View Post
I think the big problem is that we view maintenance as part of a phase when, in reality, it is not a phase - it is our lives. And just like our lives, our eating habits have ups and downs and the issue isn't gaining (we cant be perfect all throughout life), the issue is not doing anything about it - the reason we got where we did the first time around. The fact we are all here today and doing something about the weight gain is amazing, and we shouldn't treat it as though we have 'failed' maintenance; theres no way we can fail maintenance, it's just our lives and for all we know this could happen again. Each day is a new day and every day we will learn what our new bodies can and cannot handle.
Absolutely spot on! I couldn't agree more. This attitude really helps to take the punishing thoughts out of our brains and be more calm and kind to ourselves. We'll always be striving for balance in our lives and you're so right, this is just part of it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so beautifully!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Great posts all!! I guess we all just have to take one day at a time.....now, and in maintenance!

I maintained for almost a year. Then I got sloppy, one treat day turned into a couple.....so on and so on. What I just don't understand is why I couldn't seem to get a "grip" when I was up 10 lbs, or 20! I REMEMBER being up 20 and thinking "oh I'm ok...I'll take this off starting tmr...". I don't know why it took me to get up over 30 lbs to "snap out of it" and realize I needed to stop the insanity!! Of course it COULD have been the lack of clothes that fit! Grrrr!

Hubby and I both gained some of the weight back, so we're BOTH doing this again.....and will once again phase out properly. We have committed to one another (and involved our friends as well) to help keep us on track. No saying "you don't look like you've gained weight Honey"....blah, blah, blah!!
I hope and pray that we can stay in maintenance for the rest of our healthy lives! And I pray for all my friends on here too!!

Keep up the great work all! I couldn't do this without you!!!
Hey Disgal nice to see you back with us! I hear you on the BLAHBLAHBLAH from well meaning friends! Gotta love 'em, but we know how we want to feel, so here we are...and we're doing it!!! It's great you have your DH as a partner in achieving wellness together. Well....you're in the right place, so let's just get this done and have fun too!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good to see you posting with your "been there"thoughts. I am up 9 pounds I need to get off and it is so much slower this time.

I have been hesitate to post much here because I have noticed on other threads some people getting upset that people regain in maintenance.

The bitter truth is that it is a lot tougher once you are out of ketosis and maintenance will always be a story of ups and downs. The trick is to keep the ups at a reasonable level so the downs are not so hard.

Several things have made maintaining a bit tough for me mentally. One is because I am both gluten and dairy intolerent I can't add back many of the foods we look forward to in maintenance. What was left for me to add back was sugar which I did with wild abandon over the Christmas holidays.

The other thing I have had trouble getting my head around is that at my age and height maintaining at 130 requires only a few calories above what I had on phase1.

Well enough of the misery is me section! What has made it imperative to get this regain off is that I gave away my large clothes as I went down in sizes and refuse to replace them.
So I have to look at what is making it hard to relose this 10 pounds.

The first thing I have been doing wrong over the past 2 months I think is that I paniced and thought I needed to go on a bootcamp type of plan. This has resulted in the same 3 pounds going and coming every week. So I need to look at what worked the first time through. The big difference has been the huge salad I used to have twice a day.

This doesn't have the same appeal in our bitter winter. I did try to make soups instead but I don't like them without a tomato base. The raw salad veggies have more fibre too.

I am just thinking öutloud" here, that is why I like Sunnymae's comment on learning your way through maintenance. We all have different issues with food and have to come to grips with the fact that losing the weight doesn't mean we can eat like everyone else.

Off to use my eliptical machine, and hopefully a more positive food day.

Congrats on your breakthrogh Sunnymae, that is encouraging!

Pat
Hi Pat

I highlighted a few very good points you made that I totally relate to about age, salads in winter (horrible thought, isn't it?) and hesitating to post about regaining weight to which I say...Good for you! Why...because otherwise, if we all stay in the closet about how difficult this can be, this whole program is going to be nothing but sugar coated (literally) with only accolades and a very distorted fantasy about success equaling having reached goal, when the truth is...there are a myriad of life/health/mental components to maintaining that DO NOT come out of a box! So...right on for posting. People need to get a reality check on how this really works and how one must work it to remain successful. Of course, one must be terribly proud of reaching a goal, don't get me wrong, readers from other threads. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment and I applaud each and every one of us.
However, this thread is about what happens in life on a day to day basis...so welcome to the real world.

On a lighter note about salads...I think when it starts to warm up a little more, we'll both feel more like having them and I agree, they seem to really be a catalyst for releasing excess weight and garbage in the body, so let's think warm and sunny thoughts and try to get a few in while the bears are still napping :0)

Have a great day everyone and sorry if I got on a soapbox today.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #240  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Hello All!

Boy it's been a busy week!!!!

Still missing Maggie??? Hope all is well with her!

So I did about 3 days of P2 and I started P3 today but oddly I feel like I put a good 5 pounds on! This "reboot" sure didn't go as planned. I think I'm going to work through to maintenance, give my body a break and then do 3 weeks of bootcamp in late march, early april. Right now I want to get strong again and see if I can tone up some of this "stuff" I have left!

sunny - congrats on the bump! I think you nailed it on the head when you stated thinking one day at a time and making sure we remember how to navigate through the waters. Last week I was so tired of the diet (and this time very disappointed) that I went straight for cheese. Didn't go overboard but I needed to remind myself to do this right ...

disgal - You have a good grasp on maintenance. At least it's only 30 lbs this time right? You're grabbing hold before it gets too far out of hand and I think that's a basis of maintenance in itself. Good for you that you have a buddy to do it with too! My DH only lasted 2 weeks

xolina - I agree - we haven't failed at all! I believe we actually succeeded in the fact that we're doing something about it!

Lexi - I know what you mean! But at least you got that bump is loss!!! I was tempted to skip a bit of 2 but my coach warned me my system would be shocked because of the cellulite protocol, which you're in the same boat, so please be careful
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote