Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Thank you to all of you for your support I am off to the wedding....leaving tonite. Staying at the ritz and cant wait for my mani pedi and massage.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #422  

Thanks Roo for always being there for me and supporting me You are a gem
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Have a great time and enjoy yourself!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Ps-in the gym I do everything from weights to tabbata to spin and bootcamp.
I have done p90x and insanity. Without carbs.

I am currently on a phase of trying heavier weightlifting. We will see how it goes.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I know my clinic coach has many people who struggle in maintenance and each person finds a slight (or vastly) different way of eating that works for them.

This is so true! Maintanence shows how individual this after program has to be. After much trial and much more error I have found I need to pretty well follow an Atkins approach in maintenance. Funny how IP works to get the weight off in the first place but maintenance seems so diferent for everyone.

Mom2, you may remember how we mentioned a number of times how extremely low fat IP is.
My personal make up seems to be that I need superlow carb and more fat than the IP maintenance plan recommends.
I hope everyone finds the right plan for them including me!

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-21-2013 at 11:59 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalinda View Post
I lost 60 pounds and am slowly gaining again! Ive gained 12 back. Ive started over 5 times and cant seem to get going. Im so afraid I wont be able to get a handle on it.
Anyone out there whos dealing with this?
Am where you are. I am on phase 1 to lose 10. I am on day 5 and just feeling like I am in ketosis. Once I get into Ketosis I do better. I went into P3 and 4 last Sept, and this is my second time going back to P1. I lose about 4 or 5 pounds and think i am doing pretty well, and get lazy.

I think the best thing I can do it to visit these threads every day. Everyone here keeps me motivated and encouraged.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
It will be 2 years of maintenance for me end of this month. I initally gained 4lbs and maintained at that weight for about 9 months. I then gained another 3lbs and maintained that for about 6 months. Right now I float from 137-140. Original low weight 130. I use fitness pal faithfully to keep track of my calories in/out. I workout 4-5 days a week. I have a really hard time eating bread/pasta/rice. It packs on the lbs. So I stick with low carb foods - fruits with high fiber/low carb, veggies - pretty much the same ones I used during phase 1, and about dairy - think I have become lactose intolerant - can't stomach milk, ice cream, - cheese, sour cream ok. I still have a protein drink for breakfast - just has become a habit, and it's quick. Lunch has become my largest meal - any extra carbs are going to be consumed here. Dinner - protein/veggies. I abstain from alcohol during the week and have glasses of red wine over the weekend. I found that ALCOHOL is my worst enemy - not so much putting on lbs, but it turns everything to fat on me. My fat percentage was increasing significantly - when I was drinking a glass of red wine daily. Stopping that has helped with the fat percentage. I think maintenance is trial and error and that you have to detail it to fit you. It's taken 2 years, but I know comfortably what are my triggers! Don't get me wrong, I still indulge, I've just learned how to deal with it and not let it get out of control. Hope this information is useful to anyone else muddling their way thru maintenance! Happy St. Patty's day
Thanks! This is really helpful to me. And congratulations!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #428  

Thanks Mom. I am here in Florida, writing from my Iphone. I am pretty excited and happy for my brother. The wedding is tomorrow. My mom in law has the kids in her room so I am up at my usual time, going to go for a workout and then breakfast and walk the beach.
I do lift heavy, I do use less than 20 lb dumbells when I lift weights. I use even heavier ones for legs. For example my legpress weight is 200. Thats why I need carbs prior ro workout, not a ton though.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #429  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ladies - wishing everyone a Great Day.
I have been trying to read up on various points of view how to lose/maintain weight .
The more I read the more I become aware this will be something I will always have to be mindful of.
I will never be able to eat like I use to when I was my skinny former self that ship has sailed years ago. I definitely don't want be the girl that was in constant pain from everything I ate and and was overweight!
So I'll be the girl who has no Reflux off all my GI meds not searching for the nearest bathroom .
I'm the girl who will make wise choices to keep all the benefits I gained from being on IP. I never will be able to eat all the things that others can eat without fear of retribution to follow.
Sometimes life is about working with what you are given and making the best of it that you can, that's my plan.

I have come to the boards and gained a wealth of prospective .
I think the mind body thing is clicking for me.
My body has it's own unique way of functioning and I need to make sure I work with it to keep myself in optimal health.
I am soo grateful not to have constant stomach pain or the other unpleasantries.
We are all different and we have to figure out what works for us...these wise comments I have read here repeatedly and it is so True.

Thank you all for taking time to give honest feedback and encouragement.
Have a Great Friday
Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 03-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #430  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

MomWhat is tabbata? It sounds interesting??

Lexi Have so much fun!!!!!

Roo
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #431  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Thanks Sarabean your sunny personality shines through here when I read your posts

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi - Momto2 pointed me here. I've been here many times before but my fellow rebooters (like Darbs) have graduated. I Lost 37 lbs my first go round in 2010 and manage to maintain, with the help of this thread. Kind of 5 lbs up and down for a good year and a half. It started creeping up this summer, I had shoulder surgery in August. My elderly parents have Alzheimers and my mother had pneumonia and now breast cancer which is taking up a lot of my time, energy - both physical and mental and just felt completely overwhelmed and exhausted. AND, I have reached for bad things, in a hurry and in comfort. I really felt sooo good at the lower weight so I have to do that for myself now.

And I have to start out phase 1. I can't keep restricteds in the house even. Im a complete addict when it comes to food.I am like an alcoholic - I have to "detox" and stay out of bars! And find the energy to do a little exercising. So I did manage to stay 100% OP phase 1 yesterday. Tonight will be tougher cuz DS and his fiance will be here tonight for our old favorite delivery food. I will order a salad. All you ladies look so young and cute! And there is a wedding? Have fun. I look forward to getting to know you.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Am where you are. I am on phase 1 to lose 10. I am on day 5 and just feeling like I am in ketosis. Once I get into Ketosis I do better. I went into P3 and 4 last Sept, and this is my second time going back to P1. I lose about 4 or 5 pounds and think i am doing pretty well, and get lazy.

I think the best thing I can do it to visit these threads every day. Everyone here keeps me motivated and encouraged.
I am with both of you! It's finally crept to 18 lbs. But I have learned that I have to go back to phase 1 otherwise I'm doing the 2 down 3 up thing.The first time I did it I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery and cleared the decks of my social life for my recovery. It was much easier for me. I had second shoulder done on August 31 and thought I was going to be able to go into seclussion then but my mother got pneumonia and became a handful at their retirement community so I didn]'t get my seclusion. Now she has breast cancer and that is a whole new **** for her (and me!) Had to stop her chemo after 3 because she is so weak. Will reassess in a couple weeks. So now is my moment to get detoxed and back on phase 1 100%. I did make it through last night. A major victory for me. I had gotten used to a glass of wine (sometimes 2) every night. Everybody says,"You have to take care of yourself, Put yourself first." Well, there are times when you feel you can't. But I have this little window of time and I've got to go for it! Hoping ketosis comes quickly!

Last edited by deelee10; 03-22-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am just starting month 26 in maintenance. These 26 have been way harder the the 7 to lose the weight. I have constantly had to go to phase 1. But I have not learned balance...I am either phase 1 or "off".

So I have started calorie counting and exercise...I need to find balance. I am currently about 6.5 pounds above my goal weight. But I really want to get down another 10 after that. I stopped at a size 8 after being an 18 my whole adult life an 8 felt awesome. I want to go for a 4.

I am hoping that I get there this time. I think the key to keeping it off is that you have it on your mind 80% of the time
Darbs- Where are you? I need you! My DS is getting married in September and I have to get back on plan! Help!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #435  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Hi Deelee10! Looks like you have had a busy year. Sorry to hear about your Mom. That is really tough. I know you can get back on phase 1 and be successful! After a few days of staying OP you will get right back into the old phase 1 eating habits
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote