Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

oh Weyward,
We are going to just feel miserable together today. lol. Just got back from doctor and I do have a very nasty UTI, possible into the kidneys because she said ther was alot of blood and bacteria. I am just miserable, couldn't sleep last night either. I just took my horsepill antibiotic, after a few doses I should shake the worst of it. Hate to wish time away, buttttttt.

I miss people like jennydoodle, 2 ride, gettingmygrooveback, they don't post as often, as they are at the end of their journey. Oh and I always enjoyed jordanna's posts. Like itsaboutime said, we are just "stuck in the middle with you". tee hee. Stay on the boards Weyward, Wuv needs us to ride out her journey with her, she has been so inspirational to us.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #212  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ok wayward I just went and read on the "experienced" thread. I don't like it there, they are talking about phase 2 and 3. Your (our) thread we just talk about everyday stuff and program stuff. This thread is sticking around!!! I am too comfortable here and LIKE it!! This is "HOME" for me, I may start the Daily chat everyday but THIS is where I come to first
Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #213  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

O.k. we can keep it going, I think the new newbie thread just took the wind out of my sails lol.
But I guess that is how our thread used to be too.
Of course if we keep it going Bella has to learn how to spell my name, it has been 3 months LOL.

Don't worry Bella, I wouldn't leave Lisa, she helps everyone, it's not like I could leave her to fend for herself.
Of course if Heather would come back more than once a week :P
Who was our teacher? She has been MIA for a while now.
I know we lost some to being done, but we used to have like 30 of us, remember those days lol.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #214  

Default Not an IP'er (...yet...) but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Since were discussing interesting bodily problems, I have what i believe to be a boil in my armpit. How do I get rid of it, any one know?
Did this go away? Don't mash it--it could be a staph infection. Keep the area clean and if it doesn't get better/go away, go to a dermatologist & get it tested.

Last edited by 4myloves; 10-24-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: can't spell worth crap
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #215  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh Wayward..im so sorry your having such a rough time these past few days. I sympathize with you. I, myself have been suffering from back pain. I actually get my hunny to step on my back everynight to crack it just to relieve some of the pain. I too could not sleep. Havent slept well the past few days.

As far as this THREAD goes...FORGET IT! YOUR NOT GETTING RID OF IT!!!!
(hugs onto thread) Just because ive been busy with school and child and wedding and working..doesnt mean im not here.. i am here..and you WILL see more of me!!! I started DAY 1 today..im BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! and im so excited to be able to go to the gym this time around. There will be NOOOOOO!! cheating..I developed the theory that "Cheating begins in the head before a bite even goes into your mouth" So you have to believe in the head that you will not cheat first..

BUT please dont give up this thread. i need it too..even if its just lisa and you and patn and myself..we need each other! I need someone to spur me on! if i dont have you wayward..then who will tease me and kick my arse? As it is..your so kicking my arse..Im pretty much back to my original starting weight..although..im going to try to outdo you in the walking! mwahaha..

Seriously! we need to stick together..no matter how many people quit or leave or anything..there is no other thread quite like this one..we can talk about anything..not just weight loss or weight gain..

Anywho.. its day 1 for me!! 6 months till my wedding.. thats 6 months to go..So..i really need a butt kicking.. day 1 isnt going too bad..dont feel hungry..however..the hot chocolate packet is toooooo sweet..yuck! i thought i would have liked it more.. Im looking forward to my salad today! yum!..its weird.. for some strange reason, i just randomly started craving veggies..which is funny.. cause i HATE veggies..and now i want veggies and salad all the time!

By the way..anyone tried grapeseed oil? I like it much better than olive oil..it doesnt taste oily..it seems like its not greasy the same way olive oil is..it makes it very light.

So im curious..if i go to the gym for 2 hours..and i do HIIT on the treadmill and burn like..almost 600 calories to 900 calories..then how to i account for that in this diet? Cause i do love to do run/walk but i dont want to burn my muscle?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
oh Weyward,
We are going to just feel miserable together today. lol. Just got back from doctor and I do have a very nasty UTI, possible into the kidneys because she said ther was alot of blood and bacteria. I am just miserable, couldn't sleep last night either. I just took my horsepill antibiotic, after a few doses I should shake the worst of it. Hate to wish time away, buttttttt.

I miss people like jennydoodle, 2 ride, gettingmygrooveback, they don't post as often, as they are at the end of their journey. Oh and I always enjoyed jordanna's posts. Like itsaboutime said, we are just "stuck in the middle with you". tee hee. Stay on the boards Weyward, Wuv needs us to ride out her journey with her, she has been so inspirational to us.
Oh my I hate UTIs, I know that it's not part of the plan but drink cranberry juice, they have some sugar free variety and it helps so much. I know there are also some cranberry pills as well though i haven't tried them. I know that cranberry juice and antibiotics get me to a functioning person with less pain in a shorter period of time when I have UTIs
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #217  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Oh Wayward..im so sorry your having such a rough time these past few days. I sympathize with you. I, myself have been suffering from back pain. I actually get my hunny to step on my back everynight to crack it just to relieve some of the pain. I too could not sleep. Havent slept well the past few days.

As far as this THREAD goes...FORGET IT! YOUR NOT GETTING RID OF IT!!!!
(hugs onto thread) Just because ive been busy with school and child and wedding and working..doesnt mean im not here.. i am here..and you WILL see more of me!!! I started DAY 1 today..im BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! and im so excited to be able to go to the gym this time around. There will be NOOOOOO!! cheating..I developed the theory that "Cheating begins in the head before a bite even goes into your mouth" So you have to believe in the head that you will not cheat first..

BUT please dont give up this thread. i need it too..even if its just lisa and you and patn and myself..we need each other! I need someone to spur me on! if i dont have you wayward..then who will tease me and kick my arse? As it is..your so kicking my arse..Im pretty much back to my original starting weight..although..im going to try to outdo you in the walking! mwahaha..

Seriously! we need to stick together..no matter how many people quit or leave or anything..there is no other thread quite like this one..we can talk about anything..not just weight loss or weight gain..

Anywho.. its day 1 for me!! 6 months till my wedding.. thats 6 months to go..So..i really need a butt kicking.. day 1 isnt going too bad..dont feel hungry..however..the hot chocolate packet is toooooo sweet..yuck! i thought i would have liked it more.. Im looking forward to my salad today! yum!..its weird.. for some strange reason, i just randomly started craving veggies..which is funny.. cause i HATE veggies..and now i want veggies and salad all the time!

By the way..anyone tried grapeseed oil? I like it much better than olive oil..it doesnt taste oily..it seems like its not greasy the same way olive oil is..it makes it very light.

So im curious..if i go to the gym for 2 hours..and i do HIIT on the treadmill and burn like..almost 600 calories to 900 calories..then how to i account for that in this diet? Cause i do love to do run/walk but i dont want to burn my muscle?
I wish I had found IP 6 months before my wedding! You will have made some major major changes in 6 months! I haven't tried the grapeseed oil but would be will because sometimes the olive oil can have an overpowering flavor.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #218  

Well I won't like your sails go down for too long wayward...I have told you before you are stuck with me like glue to paper!!...haha

Port, at least you now realize that the cheat can be STOPPED in your head BEFORE it goes to your mouth so this is a great achievement. Admitting to that will go a LONG ways. YOU are the ONLY one who can stop it from going into your mouth so everytime you think about putting something in your mouth say to yourself....Is it worth 3 mins of yumminess for 2 days of not losing? or just think of me and say.....I better not eat that or wuv will kick my tail!! In one of the daily thread someone said they thought about me while passing a free ice cream sandwich cart, she asked herself would wuv eat that and her answer was of course NOPE! and she kept walking, If i can help more people by getting them to think about me when cheating I am all for it. Do whatever it takes to get there. You have 6 months til your wedding so LETS DO IT!!

As far as your workout in concerned I have read where a lot of people eat 1/2 a bar before and the other half after. So make sure you are getting all of your protein in on those days and a little more
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #219  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I started DAY 1 today..im BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! and im so excited to be able to go to the gym this time around. There will be NOOOOOO!! cheating..I developed the theory that "Cheating begins in the head before a bite even goes into your mouth" So you have to believe in the head that you will not cheat first..

Im pretty much back to my original starting weight..although..im going to try to outdo you in the walking! mwahaha..

Here are your ten commandments, girl in Port Hardy. Heed them well.

1, You may NOT cheat.

2, You may NOT go to the gym for 2 hours, burning 600 calories and consuming 900.

3, You may walk, moderately, for up to five miles in 1 and 3/4 hours, preferably in TWO OR THREE PHASES.

4, YOU MAY NOT RUN.

4, You may use grapeseed, olive, or pure organic coconut oil but you MAY NOT BURN THEM.

5, You may not lose 95 pounds in 6 months -- you may lose 80 -- but you may not deviate one instant from this program, no matter what your head (or your stomach) tell you.

6, You are not in competition with Wayward or any other person on this planet, except yourself, therefore the only one who can win is you.

7, You may not bite anything except your knuckle, on any occasion while on this program, unless it is on the protocol sheet.

8, Neither snow, nor sleet, nor freezing rain, nor the ice of Port hard, nor exam jitters will defer you.

9, You will embrace, and continue to embrace, low carb vegetables and cider vinegar -- because they are your friend -- and because vinegar balances your pH.

10, YOU MAY NOT CHEAT YOURSELF.

[Please ignore the signature above. I have used in in the service of good.]

Last edited by Linden; 10-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #220  

Well now Port that you have 10 commandments and my thoughts you should not venture off plan!!!.....I have lost 92lbs in 26 weeks so YOU can get a big chuck of your weigh off before your wedding!!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #221  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

Okay I am wondering about the use of egg whites in phase 1. I see it in alot of recipes and I was under the impression from my coach this is a no-no. I would love to use them it would certainly broaden my horizons.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Okay I am wondering about the use of egg whites in phase 1. I see it in alot of recipes and I was under the impression from my coach this is a no-no. I would love to use them it would certainly broaden my horizons.
Each coach is different, several have said that egg whites are ok to use, I don't have to count mine as anything but only use 2-3 eggwhites if i get hungry and need a snack.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #223  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Thanks for the 10 commandments...But seriously!!! BLEH!!! oh my ...

Seriously.. i was shocked when i started my packages today..i gagged..from the taste of chemicals..all of the sudden i wanted veggies again...how do you deal with the taste of chemicals knowing it doesnt tastei like real?? i dont know whats wrong with me..but every packet i have tried except for the chicken noodle soup, tates like chemicals..like im tasting the sucralose in it or something.. my hot chocolate packet was WAYYYYY too sweet.. and same with the pudding packet!!! i used to be a sweet addict but for some reason im just tasting artificial!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #224  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Seriously.. i was shocked when i started my packages today..i gagged..from the taste of chemicals..all of the sudden i wanted veggies again...how do you deal with the taste of chemicals knowing it doesnt tastei like real?? i dont know whats wrong with me..but every packet i have tried except for the chicken noodle soup, tates like chemicals..like im tasting the sucralose in it or something.. my hot chocolate packet was WAYYYYY too sweet.. and same with the pudding packet!!! i used to be a sweet addict but for some reason im just tasting artificial!
Funny. What you liked is the one product that has a day's ration of salt in it.

Have you tried diluting the puddings, 16 oz water for a shake? The only way I could stomach them. Have you read and read the information here?

And if this is still BLEH? Well, I tried. You seemed to want to start; and finish. Sorry I wasted my time.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #225  

Quote:

Do I sense you LOOKING for an excuse NOT to eat the packets?? again its ALL IN YOUR BRAIN!!!!...add some salt to your shake to make it less sweet
Closed Thread