Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #181  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Usually 3-5 days I think, a week at most I would say. Hang in there, you are almost there if not there already

thanks Wuv! I have a bit of a metallic taste in my mouth today... hoping my body is cooperating!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #182  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thanks Wuv! I have a bit of a metallic taste in my mouth today... hoping my body is cooperating!
That is a positive sign of ketosis
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I had this problem off and one long before IP. Actully when I moved to Edmonton I thought something was wrong with the water, I always had a strong metallic taste in my mouth. So I switched to bottled water and it tasted the same. From what I could find out it is caused by hormones. As the first few weeks on IP there is a lot happening with hormones changing it would not be unusual for that symptom to show up. It will likely go away as your body adjusts.
Pat
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #184  

Wayward, where you are today??...you haven't checked in anywhere today...hmmmmm...hope your little guy is doing ok
Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #185  
it's my time to shine!

my friend just texted me... she met with an IP lady in town today (that sketchy one I was talking about) and for 2 weeks of food + supplements = $393

not sure if she had to pay a fee or not but I would think so for that much!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #186  

Quote:
my friend just texted me... she met with an IP lady in town today (that sketchy one I was talking about) and for 2 weeks of food + supplements = $393

I would hope so, usually its around $250-300 for the first visit. That usually gives you 30 packets of food, supplements, salt, shaker, its basically everything you need to start for a week.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #187  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

When I started last week, sign up consultation, supplements, 1 week of food (28 packs), salt & shaker was $299.25 then weekly costs are between $88 -113 from hereon. So 393 may be about right for 2 weeks if it includes the sign up fee consultation etc. I do believe to go with your gut feeling, if something doesn't feel quite right, it probably isn't.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #188  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
I would hope so, usually its around $250-300 for the first visit. That usually gives you 30 packets of food, supplements, salt, shaker, its basically everything you need to start for a week.

thanks! I will ask her if she had to pay a fee when I see her..... she is going to start tomorrow but only wants to be OP for a few weeks.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #189  

Quote:
thanks! I will ask her if she had to pay a fee when I see her..... she is going to start tomorrow but only wants to be OP for a few weeks.
Wow she could of done the alternatives if she is only going to be on a few weeks and saved her 100's of dollars! she could of gotten all of the phase sheets from here
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wow, why would anyone pay that much if they had such a small amount of weight to lose??? I just checked my first receipt. I paid $263 and that included a $75 fee. The next week I didn't have to pay much because she had sold me four packs a day for the first week and I could only get 3 down.

I just had a strange experience at the doctor's. I went to get my results from lots of stuff he had sent me for back in August, that was before I was on IP. He said all the results from my blood work etc was excellent except he wants me to go for further xrays on my knees.
So then I got weighed. The scale was the mechanical type, the one that you move the little block thing back and forth. The nurse kept moving adjusting it between 63 & 64 and I kept staring at it and my heart sank. I was thinking it all has been a delusion, I am still at 164 pounds. Then I realized that it was in kilos! She looked at the conversation chart and said I was 143. I was thrilled because I was 143.5 on my own scale this morning and this was an evening weigh in. My scale also weighs heavier than the ones at each my son and daughter's places so I think it does weigh heavy. But of course I will keep using it to measure my progress but that was the best weigh-in I've ever had at a doctors.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

9:30 already and I am just getting to 3fc, where did the time go. No paid or unpaid work, or classes tomorrow, Woo Hoo! I get to sleep past 5am.
I have lots and lots of homework to do though so I guess that makes up for it.

So sometimes I don't realize how big I have gotten. Today I was rummaging through my Renaissance clothing (I used to work at a Ren fair) to wear for my daughters girl scouts halloween party where I will be volunteering. I can't believe that just 10 years ago I was wearing a size small corset. I tried to put on my favorite handmade very expensive one, lol, couldnt even get it onto shoulders. It was a tight fit to begin with as I am quite broad shouldered. Another I got on but was many inches from being able to lace it up. That was sort of a awaking for me as I realized how much i had gained and even though I have lost weight, I still have a ways to go.
So I added another benchmark or mini goal to my paper and that is to be able to get into those corsets, laced up and all. As a reward I will allow myself to go to a different ren fair other than MN in 2012 which is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, Maybe buy myself a new outfit too while I am there. Can't wait!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #192  

Looks like you had a pretty busy day there AND you get to kinda relax tomorrow so that should be a good thing. Sounds like you have a great plan for 2012, sounds exciting. So did you find something to wear to your daughter's party?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #193  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Wow she could of done the alternatives if she is only going to be on a few weeks and saved her 100's of dollars! she could of gotten all of the phase sheets from here

oh, I told her that! she said she needed to be accountable to someone... I told her when her bank account is in dire straits, I can set her up on the same alternatives I am using and charge her a consultation fee if it makes her feel better!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #194  
Mom on a mission

S/C/G: 200/187/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
oh, I told her that! she said she needed to be accountable to someone... I told her when her bank account is in dire straits, I can set her up on the same alternatives I am using and charge her a consultation fee if it makes her feel better!
which alternatives are you using? I started with IP, but it is a little costly for me. I would like to try to supplement if I could.
I saw something online about Ideal Lifestyle and it looks similar. anyone know about this!

and congrats for getting your ticker!
I'm looking forward to mine! and a profile update!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Looks like you had a pretty busy day there AND you get to kinda relax tomorrow so that should be a good thing. Sounds like you have a great plan for 2012, sounds exciting. So did you find something to wear to your daughter's party?
Yes and no. I fit into a jesters outfit top but not the bottom, darn hips. I don't fit any of the corsets but I do fit into a long chamise. I could wear the chamise with the jesters belt which is decorative and has bells and just find a vest of sorts at the store to wear on the top. I also have my cape and can wear that too. Or I can wear the jesters top and find a skirt to wear and put the belt on that. That would probably be easiest.
Or I could wear a oversized black and white striped prisoners outfit and lastly I have a huge pumpkin outfit that I wore when i was preg.
Closed Thread