Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I just called mom, she said they don't have it at y'all Sam's. Here it is with the coffee but she gets hers at World Market and Drug Emporium. Some are Tornio's (sp) and the others are D'vincy usually run about $6.50
We just got back from World Market and I was amazed at how many flavors they carry. I came home with a bottle of Irish Creme and caramel. They didn't have Kahlua, so I will have to go to Drug Emporium on Tuesday when I am at Cajun Field. Thanks again for letting me know where to find it.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 244/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Any advice appreciated... I am going on vacation and my coach is having me phase off before I go. I hate to do that because I am having success but I think it will be ok. Right now I'm very motivated to jump right back into the program when I get back but I wonder if I'm deluding myself. .. I don't want to lose ground. I keep telling myself it will be a good test to see how'll I will do on maintenance. what to do?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #123  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindanuts View Post
Any advice appreciated... I am going on vacation and my coach is having me phase off before I go. I hate to do that because I am having success but I think it will be ok. Right now I'm very motivated to jump right back into the program when I get back but I wonder if I'm deluding myself. .. I don't want to lose ground. I keep telling myself it will be a good test to see how'll I will do on maintenance. what to do?
That is a decision only YOU can make. IF it was me I would continue on the program and just prepare myself as much as possible. I would have extra packets and bars just in case I would get hungry. If we were to go out to eat I would stick to the salad with grilled chicken or steak. You know enough about the program to know what you can and can't have. This is the types of decisions you will have to make once you reach your goal anyways. This is what I WOULD DO and its ONLY my opinion. I would stick to the plan as much as possible. You have done well so far, is it worth setting you back a week or so to eat off plan or is it better to stay on plan and get to goal quicker? Its YOUR CHOICE! You CAN do this, have a little faith in yourself, stay focused
Old 10-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoser View Post
I hope you all don't mind if I post in this thread.

Congratulations Pat. I do identify with what you said in your post. I'm starting alternatives this week (just came back from Sam's with my shakes!) and am hoping that without the stress of trying to lose 3 lbs a week, I will continue to lose weight at my own pace. I haven't decided how to tell my coach but I can't take the stress any more.

It's funny, but my doctor also told me not to worry about going under 140, too. She also told me to have just 1 carb (grain) a day when I finished the diet. I'm not sure at this point how to phase off especially having to do it now on my own. Have you thought about it yet?

Thanks, Patti

Of course you are welcome to post in here. Wayward, WUV, Bellamack all started at the same time. So most of us have "poked" in since then. I like this thread because it is smaller and you see the same people just about everyday.

I have to smile every time I see your "name". You likely know the story of Evangeline. I lived in the small town in Nova Scotia where the Acadians were deported from, Acadians became Cajuns. I love Cajun music! Of course many Acadians made their way back or hid in the woods in the first place so there are still many in the area who are of French ancestry.

OK enough with the history, what about phasing off? I am not worried at all about phase 2, it is very similar to my normal way of eating. But phase 3 I am concerned about. I cannot add grain products back or I'll blow up like a balloon. But oatmeal is good for me so will add that as the grain for breakfast. Dairy products give me sinus infections so I can't add dairy back also. On top of all that I have a commute of an hour to an hour and a half each morning. Soon it will be horrific driving and I have to leave home very early as it is so can't sit and eat that huge breakfast. What I have done for a long time is quickly blend a protein shake and drink that on my way to work.
I do have a long Christmas break this year so I am thinking I may be able to get phase 3 done then. I'll have to keep thinking on this, I am not too worried about maintenance either, but it is phase 3 that is the problem. But I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.
I am sure you will be pleased with the alternative way of doing this.

Pat
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 166.6/142.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Of course you are welcome to post in here. Wayward, WUV, Bellamack all started at the same time. So most of us have "poked" in since then. I like this thread because it is smaller and you see the same people just about everyday.

I have to smile every time I see your "name". You likely know the story of Evangeline. I lived in the small town in Nova Scotia where the Acadians were deported from, Acadians became Cajuns. I love Cajun music! Of course many Acadians made their way back or hid in the woods in the first place so there are still many in the area who are of French ancestry.

OK enough with the history, what about phasing off? I am not worried at all about phase 2, it is very similar to my normal way of eating. But phase 3 I am concerned about. I cannot add grain products back or I'll blow up like a balloon. But oatmeal is good for me so will add that as the grain for breakfast. Dairy products give me sinus infections so I can't add dairy back also. On top of all that I have a commute of an hour to an hour and a half each morning. Soon it will be horrific driving and I have to leave home very early as it is so can't sit and eat that huge breakfast. What I have done for a long time is quickly blend a protein shake and drink that on my way to work.
I do have a long Christmas break this year so I am thinking I may be able to get phase 3 done then. I'll have to keep thinking on this, I am not too worried about maintenance either, but it is phase 3 that is the problem. But I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.
I am sure you will be pleased with the alternative way of doing this.

Pat
There is a real effort in this state to preserve the Cajun culture and unique French dialect. You know how with each passing generation, a little of the culture slips away.

I know one thing for sure on phasing off...I will not be consuming 3 carbs a day! I would gain back this weight very fast. Had my first EAS shake for breakfast and it tasted fine. I already feel like I'm getting my motivation back!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #126  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone!!!
Another weekend gone and over with, unfortunately.
Had an o.k. weekend here, finally got my road bike down to the shop to replace the shifter the company sent me and to get my new training tire put on the rear, but I don't get it back until Tuesday at the earliest.

I did manage to still go home Friday and get the laundry and dishes done, so I didn't have housework to do this weekend.
Of course I found other things to do around the house on Sunday lol.
Moved some furniture around in our bedroom to get better access to the heating vents in the winter, also went through my dresser to sort clothes etc.
Bagged up 5 grocery bags full of clothes I will never wear again.
I was just going to donate them, but the wife got me thinking about it, and I do have a lot of Levi's and other jeans that are hard to find in that big of a size, I bought a lot of them on Ebay so I may end up selling them back myself.
Got 18 miles in on the track this weekend, but came up a little short of last month on miles but overall still really good.
Getting a lot colder now though, it was 39 degrees out while we were at the track last night, and it doesn't look to be warming up at all this week.
We may be able to make it through to Nov. before the snow but I am not holding my breath.

I spent some time with the wife and we got to watch some movies we hadn't got to watch together yet, overall a pretty good weekend.
Other than the fact that my little one still is a little congested.

I hope everyone else is still doing well, staying positive and staying OP.
Be back later this morning, take care everyone!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #127  

Well looks like you had a great weekend of relaxation just what was in order after working so hard. Glad you got to spend time with your wife, I am sure she enjoyed that as well.

Was a pretty boring weekend here, was beautiful out though. I watched a few movies myself, some I had already seen but enjoyed them again. Just finished sending out payroll for my drivers and now I am done with work for the day. AHHHH the life of working from home....haha....it does get boring though....lol
Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #128  
Started IP July 8th

Morning Lisa, you better get over to daily chat.
You would think the world is coming to an end.
They are all freaking since you haven't posted yet lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #129  

LOL.......and some think I am taking over the threads...hahah....I am on my way there now...I had an instant message when I signed on asking if I was OK cuz I hadn't started the thread....lol
Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #130  
Started IP July 8th

Better hurry it's getting worse lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #131  

LOL...I saw that, I always check in here first before going over there....GEEZE they even putting out an APB out for me...that is bad!...happy to see I have friends that worry about me though, makes me feel good
Old 10-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #132  

Wayward we are losing all of our people, what is going on??? are they giving up on themselves??? at least there are a few newbies around the area so we can try to keep on track and positive. I am glad we are partners in this til the end and even after!!!...I am NOT going anywhere...You are stuck with me like glue...hahah
Old 10-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #133  
Started IP July 8th

Yeah it's kind of scary, I remember how many people we used to have so active on this thread.
I don't know if they have moved on, given up, or just don't have time.
It's really kind of sad, I used to ONLY post on this thread, but now if I didn't go to the other threads I wouldn't have anything to talk about lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #134  

yup, I guess that is why I read all the different threads and put my 2 cents in all over the place....haha
Old 10-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

OK ya'all, I need someone to be accountable to, to verbally kick me in the butt when/if I cheat because I have been a bad girl lately.
Many people have said that they like having a coach because it makes them feel accountable to someone. I am doing alternatives and the only person I am accountable to is myself and that is just not working. I don't do things for myself (not often), I am a pleaser, i do things for others. So I need someone who I can report to, who will ask me if I stayed OP, who will give me some grief if I don't.
I will do the same for others if they want me too.
Any takers?
Closed Thread