Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sarah, you are getting close to the halfway mark, that will be exciting to be on the downward slope, less to lose than what you have already lost.

I've been thinking of wayward's new found "energy".
Well not in that exciting way, but I'm amazed all the time how I am doing things much more quickly. For instance my office is in what used to be a school. It is u-shaped , a long corridor, a shorter corridor and another long corridor. My office and our support staff offices are each at the extreme ends. I find I am scooting back and forth without even stopping to think about it all the time. I should bring my pedometer it would add up to a large number steps, the number of time I go back and forth.
As someone said, maybe all the good stuff is able to work toward more energy, not having to get rid of all the bad things in a "normal" eating plan.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #107  

Just checking in. Where is everyone????
Old 10-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #108  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just checking in. Where is everyone????
I am here, just cleaned house, made a kettle of hot tea, put a face on today and straighten my hair,before getting on line this morning, woke up feeling wonderful today. All dressed up and no where to go...ain't that a shame?....lol.....its going to be a GREAT day!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I put some Di'vincy Khalua in my cappachino....YUMMY!!....you need to get your energy back you need to rest this weekend. Take it easy!! POSITIVE is the key to success!!
Di'vincy has Khalua flavor?? Dang, why diidnt I read that before I left. I just got home from the store.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Di'vincy has Khalua flavor?? Dang, why diidnt I read that before I left. I just got home from the store.
YUP! they sure do!!....its even good with just plain water!! Not every store carries it though, I found mine at Sam's
Old 10-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
YUP! they sure do!!....its even good with just plain water!! Not every store carries it though, I found mine at Sam's

Where do they have it at Sam's. We were at Sam's in Lafayette last night and I didn't see it.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Where do they have it at Sam's. We were at Sam's in Lafayette last night and I didn't see it.
I just called mom, she said they don't have it at y'all Sam's. Here it is with the coffee but she gets hers at World Market and Drug Emporium. Some are Tornio's (sp) and the others are D'vincy usually run about $6.50
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I just called mom, she said they don't have it at y'all Sam's. Here it is with the coffee but she gets hers at World Market and Drug Emporium. Some are Tornio's (sp) and the others are D'vincy usually run about $6.50
Thanks for asking your mom. I will go look at World Market or Drug Emporium this week.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Thanks for asking your mom. I will go look at World Market or Drug Emporium this week.
World market had a salted caramel, I think I wanna try that one they also had like white chocolate, black cherry, pumpkin spice, coconut!!....I have not found one yet that I don't like!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wuv,
Salted Caramel is my favorite, along with Chocolate Macadamia Nut & Pumpkin Pie Spice (mine are all Torani, our Sam's only has Vanilla, Caramel and Hazelnut DiVinci) I use them in my pudding cakes! Yummy. Pumpkin Pie, along with Pumpkin Pie Spice in the vanilla pudding cakes is fab!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #116  

I am really excited this morning, I am down a pound which puts me in a new half decade but more important I am now past the half way mark in my latest journey.

I say latest because when I retired from my previous job at age 55 I weighed 204 at 5'1". I moved clear across Canada and took another job. At the end of this school year I will retire from my second job at age 65 and want to be at 130. I hope I'm still at 5'1".

I realized I am not being good at remembering my previous weeks loss since I started with alternatives so my weekly losses in my signature don't add up correctly. I will keep doing filling that in because it does keep me up to date with the amount of weeks and my ticker is accurate.

I am finding it a huge stress relief to be using the alternatives because I don't have to feel stressed about losing a certain amount each week, I can look at the long range which is to be 130 by June. However I do think the IP products may be the best bet for nutrition but way too expensive with such slow weight loss.

Strangely both my doctor and my coach though 140 was a good goal for me, but I think my coach would have readjusted that when I reached 140. I have a large frame although I am short and my doctor thinks it is best to be within a healthy BMI but not at the lower end as one gets older because if you do have a health issue later you can lose pretty quickly.
Also he said my blood work and blood pressure was excellent before I started so he wasn't too concerned about me. But he didn't know me when I weighed over 200 and doesn't realize how quickly I can zoom up if I add grains except for oatmeal back to my menus.
Sorry for the ramble but I am excited about reaching the half way mark!

WUV, I will add that to the Hallow e'en sheet when someone pulls it up in the threads, that will likely be tomorrow because Monday is really the start day for each week on there.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are having a beautiful fall here which is unusual in the semi north. It often can have periods of brutal cold by now, but this is the first time in the 9 years I have been here that my fall flowers are still blooming well into October.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-16-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #117  

Congrats Pat on reaching your halfway point. Having less stress will let the lbs come off more and it seems to be working for you which is great. I am glad you are sticking with it. I'll pull the spreadsheet up for you today
Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #118  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

The Sam's on Airline Hwy didn't have any good syrups either, or I couldn't find them. Anyone know where in Baton Rouge has the kahlua syrup? The coffee addict in me is really wanting that now that I know it exists. I'll post this question in the southern thread too.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 166.6/142.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am finding it a huge stress relief to be using the alternatives because I don't have to feel stressed about losing a certain amount each week, I can look at the long range which is to be 130 by June. However I do think the IP products may be the best bet for nutrition but way too expensive with such slow weight loss.

Strangely both my doctor and my coach though 140 was a good goal for me, but I think my coach would have readjusted that when I reached 140. I have a large frame although I am short and my doctor thinks it is best to be within a healthy BMI but not at the lower end as one gets older because if you do have a health issue later you can lose pretty quickly.
Also he said my blood work and blood pressure was excellent before I started so he wasn't too concerned about me. But he didn't know me when I weighed over 200 and doesn't realize how quickly I can zoom up if I add grains except for oatmeal back to my menus.

Pat
I hope you all don't mind if I post in this thread.

Congratulations Pat. I do identify with what you said in your post. I'm starting alternatives this week (just came back from Sam's with my shakes!) and am hoping that without the stress of trying to lose 3 lbs a week, I will continue to lose weight at my own pace. I haven't decided how to tell my coach but I can't take the stress any more.

It's funny, but my doctor also told me not to worry about going under 140, too. She also told me to have just 1 carb (grain) a day when I finished the diet. I'm not sure at this point how to phase off especially having to do it now on my own. Have you thought about it yet?

Thanks, Patti
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoser View Post
I hope you all don't mind if I post in this thread.

Congratulations Pat. I do identify with what you said in your post. I'm starting alternatives this week (just came back from Sam's with my shakes!) and am hoping that without the stress of trying to lose 3 lbs a week, I will continue to lose weight at my own pace. I haven't decided how to tell my coach but I can't take the stress any more.

It's funny, but my doctor also told me not to worry about going under 140, too. She also told me to have just 1 carb (grain) a day when I finished the diet. I'm not sure at this point how to phase off especially having to do it now on my own. Have you thought about it yet?

Thanks, Patti
Cajun you are welcome to post anywhere you would like, you know its an open forum I am glad you are sticking with it and going to alternatives you will do just fine with them. Keep us posted as to how you are doing!!
Closed Thread