Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree13 View Post
which alternatives are you using? I started with IP, but it is a little costly for me. I would like to try to supplement if I could.
I saw something online about Ideal Lifestyle and it looks similar. anyone know about this!

and congrats for getting your ticker!
I'm looking forward to mine! and a profile update!
Hi desiree13,

There are many threads that talk about alternatives
I use the following:
Pure Protein Bars that can be found at Sams/WalMart, Wegmans & Target
EAS shakes (Sams/WalMart/Targe)
Jillian Michaels protein powder (Sams/WalMart & probably other places)
I order from Noshua Nutrition (very quick service)
and Diet Direct (very quick service). I also have ordered from Noshua Nutrition ( a little slower service) All of them have weekly specials and some Free Shipping. Just make sure that you get the products that are aspartame-free.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #197  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,
Just checking in after this weeks weigh in, down another 1.8lbs and almost to my half way mark. Can't believe I have been doing this for 15 weeks, time flies.
Where the heck has Wayward been? I hope his baby is doing better. Well, have a great day and weekend everyone!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #198  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I dunno, I was just thinking the same thing. He wasn't here at all yesterday either so I hope everything is ok. Great job on the WI Sarah, keep it going
Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I usually wi in wednesdays but didn't have time so I did it this morning. Down 1lb which is ok considering TOM is visiting. Hopefully the woosh fairy will visit me next week.

Figured out a sneaky but tasty way for me to get all my water in. Eat some spicy food. I downed about 5 16oz cups of water in just one meal by eating some chicken baked in some 0/0/0 wing sauce I found at the store. Yum!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #200  

LOL...that would be one way of getting all of your water in....geeze....Down a lb is great with TOM keep it up!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #201  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Still around, just really, really busy. Stayed home with the little one the past 2 days, and now I am laying around suffering with a back issue. I threw it out pretty bad, heck I cannot even lift the little guy up now.
Still OP, just really busy.
Sorry I haven't checked in.. I thought about saying I slipped and cheated but I didn't think anyone would really believe it lol.
Take care all and I will be back on Monday.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #202  

OH NO!!!......take care of yourself....talk to you Monday
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #203  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

oOOOOOOkkkkayyy...im back! Finally! Ive gotten ready..im ready now!

In 15 minutes i will be officially starting day 1..and im all ready to try doing the gym this time around..Hey Wayward or Wuv..what are the rules if you exercise?
Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Glad you are still around Wayward, we were getting worried. Sorry about your back, that's a bummer especially when you were doing so much walking.
Welcome back Port. Your question about exercise is one I was wondering about. Well not wondering enough to find time to actually exercise .

Many people interpret that the plan calls for no exercise. But when I read the book you can download by Dr Tien (not sure if that is his first or last name?) originally he didn't design the program for long term use. He was wanting something to quickly get his boxers down to fight weigh in limits without losing muscle mass. These were very fit people and would follow the plan briefly.
So my coach told me the no exercise rule was mean only for two weeks till your body adjusted to the reduction in food. But after that light exercise such as walking was fine. But she said heavy exercise while following the plan would certainly force the body to draw on muscle mass. That is why some clinics monitor muscle mass so carefully. Mine didn't have that technology.
So to answer your question, I think it all depends on what you are doing at the gym. If you are doing more than light activity you would need extra protein on the days you exercise.
You are going to have a very busy winter with all you have going on.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-23-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Forgot to say, today is WI day. I'm down 2 pounds and very excited to be closing in on being two thirds of the way to goal. I'll go to the Hallowe'en spreadsheet. This will be the last week for that challenge so I'd like to finish with another loss for the coming week.
I actually don't have a problem with Hallowe'en candy. My kids are grown, so I buy non-food little treats for the kids and also the kind of candy kids like and I don't like skittles etc. Absolutely no little chocolate bars in my house, I could make short work of those without even noticing how much I was eating.

Have a great day and week everyone and Wayward get better fast.
Pat
Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #206  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

congrats on your weigh in success Pat!!

I have a silly question, from what I have read on here... most people measure their veggies before they are cooked. Does that rule apply for mushrooms and fresh spinach that cook up to nothing??
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Port,

Hope it all goes well for you this time around. Take one day at a time so it doesnt seem too overwhelming. You can do it! Look to Wuv, 2Ride, Weyward, Gettingmygrooveback, ItsAboutTime, Jennydoodle, as well as others. Read their old posts, very inspiring. Now like the NIKE commercial says "Just Do It" (said with love)
Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #208  

Welcome back Port!!....YOU CAN DO IT!!

Great job on the WI Pat, you are doing awesome keep it up!!

I am being lazy today, been watching tv all morning....lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #209  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Heather, welcome back, it's good to hear from you.
We have lost so many others, honestly I am to the point of letting this thread die.
Everyone who does post here still has been absorbed into the new "newbie" thread and we just can't seem to keep the life going in this one.
I would almost say jump over to Mom3LoveBugs's thread.
Not saying anything bad about her, she saw a need and started a thread just like many of us did when we started this group of ours.
But our group has thinned, either by being busy, quitting program or just getting lost in the shuffle.

That and I have to say I am not in a good place right now, I missed the last 2 days of work, and I am in nothing but pain this morning after being laid up all weekend with a bad pinched nerve in my back.
I ended up getting no sleep as a result of that last night, I am slammed at work today since I was out for a few days and I have a ton of stuff to do after work tonight.
It's just not a good day for me, sorry ladies, I am just not feeling it today.

It's just hard to see the huge, positive group of people we used to have in our thread everyday whittled down to just a few stragglers left behind.
It's like me and Lisa and Pat beating a dying horse.......
Maybe I will feel better later, I am slammed.

Try and stay positive and OP everyone.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #210  

Sorry you are not feeling well again Wayward, we all have those days but when you are hurting its even more. We have faded down to almost nothing but at least we have a few that are still hanging out with us. Its up to you if you wanna let this thread go or not. I'll still be here and if you let it go I'll find another home. Like ItsAboutTime said some of us are just stuck in the middle. We could always move to her thread since we are in the "middle" of our journey

Hope your day gets better as you go and hopefully that nerve will release soon so that you aren't hurting any longer. Try to have a good day. I have lots of paperwork to do today, I let it go last week I just didn't feel like working....ha
Closed Thread