Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #226  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Wayward - Sorry to year about your back, that really sucks. Are you on pain meds or just working through it?

I've had some serious mid-back pain for about 3-4 weeks, pretty sure weight loss related, but hasn't been as bad as what you are going though. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Okay I am wondering about the use of egg whites in phase 1.
I'd talk to your coach, you can use it but it would replace your meat item for the day. At least that is my understanding. I've added it to my morning routine to add some muscle mass back, else it would just be to replace my meat... and for me that's not an option.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Port, re the packages and taste. Did you see the recipes FinnSteven posts? They are amazing and he has one for muffins made with the pudding packets and zucchini that sounds wonderful. I find the drinks too sweet too.
As for the egg whites my coach said go for it. The white of the egg is all protein. So i use the egg whites just about every day. That way you can make things with the packets and it really seems like much more of a meal than just the packet on their own.
Watward and Bella, I hope you both start to feel better soon. Nothing can bring you down so badly as pain and illness.
Hopefully this too will pass. And Wayward another killer is when you have to take time from work and come back to have all the work piled up waiting for you. I hope your wek takes a turn for the better soon.
Pat
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #228  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

No Wuv..im not trying to make an excuse at all..I literally just about threw up after 2 bites of the pudding..ive never had a problem before... i dont know if ive just been so off the program that im just not used to it..or what?? my taste has really changed.. i used to always want sweet things..and now all i want is like..savoury..

The pudding recipe doesnt seem to work for ip-alternatives by the way..it doesnt come out right at all..tried it a few times with modifications and still havent gotten it to work..maybe i shall try the omelete packet tommorow and see if i fair any better than today.. although im proud..today i did the hot chocolate packet and the pudding packet..and ate salad for dinner and veggies for snack..so i did well
Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning. Wayward, this thread is going no place.
Sorry i've been MIA lately. Been super busy here. Had a pot luck last night at a friends house.
Our fridge here at home went out and we didnt notice until Sunday night and spoiled most of our food before we realized it, the milk and meats we had to toss. ugh. So tomorrow hubby is going to replace a part that (fingers crossed) we are hoping will fix the problem. Really can't afford a new fridge right now.
Thank goodness it is cold enough to keep the rest of the food outside in a cooler as long as we don't attract any wild animals.
But I am off to work, field study, and classes.
Hopefully I can check in later today.
Have a good day!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #230  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all! Maybe I can chime on here more to help pick this thread back up!

I've really been noticing a big change in my taste buds lately. I seem to be really sensitive to overly sweet things (the pineapple banana shake is too sweet for me now!). Also, I have to be careful at how much of the MiO flavoring I add to my water because too much and I feel like I can taste the coloring and chemicals. I'm trying to push that out of my head but I think from not eating all the crap and processed foods, my taste buds can actually taste things acurately now! How about that?! LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

I wonder if seasonal allergies have something to do with changing taste buds. I know that in the summer I like spicier food because everything tastes bland to me because my allergies in the winter I like milder food...unless I have a sinus infection, then bring on the spices.

On a side note do not make thanksgiving dressing when you have a sinus infection...you will probably kill your guests, nobody could eat it a few years back. Of course I won't be tasting it this Thanksgiving
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #232  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone!!!!

Still a little stiff and sore, the little one stole my side of the bed last night again, but I have to admit it was worth it to wake up this morning and see him all bundled up.
The wife had him in a new jacket with a hood and a little camo hunters hat, he looked so cute. If I hadn't been running late I would have taken a picture.
Maybe when they get home tonight.
I hope everyone has a great day, time to make my breakfast before my morning meeting.

Have a wonderful day everyone, good luck at the doctor today Lisa!!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #233  
Started IP July 8th

Back from the WI, another -4 this week, not bad considering I really took it easy on my exercise this week due to injuries and just being exhausted.
Guess I will have to make up for it a little this week, push through, my coach's husband was nice enough to crack my back real quick before he ran out for lunch so hopefully that will help a little.

Remember keep positive and keep looking towards that goal, I am now down to 25 pounds to go YAY!!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Back from the WI, another -4 this week, not bad considering I really took it easy on my exercise this week due to injuries and just being exhausted.
Guess I will have to make up for it a little this week, push through, my coach's husband was nice enough to crack my back real quick before he ran out for lunch so hopefully that will help a little.

Remember keep positive and keep looking towards that goal, I am now down to 25 pounds to go YAY!!
Congratulations! Wow only 25 pounds to go, great job!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #235  
Started IP July 8th

Thank yo Blu
Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #236  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

The Dr appointment went well and his mouth dropped when he walked in the room...hahah....I was sitting there he came in and looked up and said OMG...girl....you look awesome...I am so proud of you how much now? I said 92lbs he said how long i said 26 weeks...he turned around and said to everyone This woman has loss 92lbs in 26 weeks she should be a role model for everyone who needs to lose weight for their bone issues.....lol...He told me to keep it up and that I am doing great. No need for surgery if I keep going...SOOOOOO that is AWESOME news for me and I can walk like a NORMAL person and not limp like i was before cuz i was in pain...

Then I went to the Beau and they haven't seen me since June when I graduated and freaked out!....last time they saw me I had loss 45lbs I think so now everyone wanted to know how I did it...haha....amazing when they see results how they wanna know more...lol...I am having a great day....Wayward I am glad you are feeling better today and are on the boards!!!....We Missed YOU!!...awesome on the 4lbs too....only 25 left to go....NOW when we have lbs left its ok to say ONLY...when we lose it there are NO ONLY's.....hahaha
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wayward, you just don't seem wayward, so I spell it differently. lol.

Wuv, so very happy for you.

I am feeling much better today after 3 doses of antibiotics, God Bless whoever discovered them. Thanks for the get well wishes.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #238  

wuv - great news from the doctor so happy for you!

bella - glad you are feeling better and hope you get over it quick.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #239  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Default Annual Physical Surprise!

Had my annual physical today - down 8 lbs. - so proud! Then....blood values out of whack! High MCH, Low HCT, High WBC-U, High BUN. And cholesterol didn't go down. What's up with that!! Will review with doctor in two weeks. for some reason she couldn't go over my bloodwork at my annual physical, has to be a separate office visit???
Old 10-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #240  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Way - Congrats on the loss, way to go!

Wuv - Awesome news, nice to be the shining start I bet!
Closed Thread