General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #361  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Thanks

Thanks Toni. It has been a rough couple of weeks because I've changed up my diet and haven't had the energy that I usually have. It is starting to build back up though. I think honestly I just need to increase my calories just a little bit.

What are your plans for the day? Still having those wonderful temperatures you mentioned?
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Forgot to weigh today. Will do it tomorrow.

Ellen, thought my toe was getting better, then I hit it fooling with my GS who was throwing a fit at the time (oh thoses terrible threes) so now it hurts worse. Hope your foot gets better. Good luck on your dinner, buffets are hard to do.

Toni, I was going to do SB again, but I have just been eating a lot less & better stuff. Just finished dinner & I am starving. We had chicken legs on the grill, I just don't like chicken.

Crystal, glad to see you back. You are doing so great with your running. Cooler weather sure does help.

We are going to our state fair tomorrow. Not worried about eating junk since everything is so expensive. Planning on a fish sandwich only.

Talk to you later
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #363  

Just had a bean burrito made with fat free beans. It was so good but nothing spiecial. Not much going on here.

Crystle- Your running is great. Keep up the good work. I loved your dinner tonight.

Solly- Darn about your toe. Those little guys can sure do a fit...

Ellen- Hope you're having a good day.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #364  

Default Weigh In Wed.

Weigh in was good today...139. I would LOVE to reach 135 but not having much luck. I've been in this five pound range since January I think. But I'm giving it my all. We'll see.

((Everybody))

Toni, I was surprised at how yummy and filling dinner was. I didn't expect raw veggies to fill me up but they really did. I got hungry after choir practice so I had a cold bean burger. That was the last of those.

Solly, sorry your toe is still hurting. Hope you have a blast at the fair.

Ellen,
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #365  

Down 1 lb this week. I'll take it. Just finished my Thursday cleaning. I have to split into 2 days so I don't kill my back.

Toni, bean burrito sounds good. Trying to find something for lunch but don't have any beans.

Crystal, I am so jealous. I would be so happy at 139 but will never see that number.

Ellen, hope you are having a great day.

Off to get some cottage cheese I guess. Have a great one.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #366  

Default Howdy

Hope ya'll are having a super day so far.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #367  

Hello friends! I did weigh yesterday and today. I am holding at the same weight, which for now is good. I have increased my insulin dosage, and finally yesterday afternoon, I saw a drop! Yay! Today is even a bit better, so I am feeling hopeful. And it will be great if I can get the numbers down without gaining any weight.

I walked for 45 min. this morning with a friend. Its so much more enjoyable when you have someone to talk to!

SOLLY: I am sorry you hurt your toe! My foot still hurts, and its really weird...I think its an ant or spider bite. I am keeping an eye on it.

TONI: Yay for you, getting back to the treadmill! Even if you don't lose weight from it, think of how much better you feel and how good it is for you to keep moving. It keeps you limber, and able to do more than if you don't do it...

COUNTRY: How did you switch your diet? Are you eating raw? Don't neglect protein! Your body will hang on if you are not getting enough protein. Something I just read recently that has shown to be true for me is if you want to lose weight, you need to eat good fats. I am eating really low carb for my blood sugar control and it seems to be helping to keep that in mind. I am not losing, but holding steady is a big accomplishment when your blood sugar levels are dropping...or so the endo I used to go to told me!

Ok, off to get some chores done!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #368  

Default Raw

Ellen, I am not eating raw but adding some raw into my diet. I am mostly just eating fruits and veggies. I'm mostly just trying to stay away from all the processed carbs. I do eat the occasional whole wheat thin as bread for my bean burgers. Don't let me fool ya, I had a HUGE hamburger last Saturday with fries and onion rings and later tacos from taco bell. But on a day to day basis I try to eat really clean. My protein has been low so I'm working on bringing that up. My calories are a bit low also but I do not mind as long as I am not hungry and I meet my nutritional needs.

WTG on bringing those sugar levels down. They are working with my sister. They told her she is a walking dead woman if things do not change. Her cholesterol is the third highest he has ever seen in his practice and her ACL? is 14 point something and he wants it under 6. He said her average number is over 300 around the clock. She is on meds already but he is changing them. She has been battling this disease since before I joined SugarBusters. She was my motivation for getting healthy.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #369  

Good afternoon. Just got back from town where I got the car inspected and went to the store. Tomorrow I need to do laundry. It good and hot here today so I'm staying inside the rest of the day. My legs are sore from yesterday riding the ATV.

Crystle- Your eating sounds good. Spraggetti sounded so good I'm making some tonight. I have dreamfields pasta for the noodles. Wish I had some of that zucchini you made your noodles with. But I would never get DH to eat them.

Solly- Congrats on the 1 lb. loss. That is great.

Ellen- Thats good you're staying the same. Sometimes its great to be holding your own and not gaining. Glad your bs is down some.

Think I'll take a little nap....
Old 08-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #370  

COUNTRY: PLEASE tell your sister to get Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. This man HAS diabetes, and actually went to medical school so doctors would listen to him when he told them what works. A low carb, very low carb, diet is essential! The A1C should actually be around 5, and its not an easy thing to achieve. There is a forum online of folks that follow his program and they are all having great success...here is the link: http://www.diabetes-book.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl She will have to register, but its an ok sight. The ADA diet, and the way most doctors treat diabetes make it worse...I am walking proof. This guy knows his stuff, and has been trying to get doctors to listen to him as to what works and what doesn't.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #371  

Default Thanks

I will send her an email right now. Thanks Ellen.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #372  

Nice day here. Got the linen closet cleaned out. And last load of laundry in. Making a meatloaf for dinner. Enjoying a little internet time now. Hope everyone is having a good week end.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #373  

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. ours was busy. Eating yesterday was not good & the scale proved it this morning.

Toni, there is no such thing as "a little Internet time". Time flies when you are on there especially Pinterest. I think I am going to re-read the 17 day diet book today. Trying to talk my DD into Jenny Craig or something like that.

Ellen, glad your blood sugar is dropping. Not only walking with a friend is more fun, but you tend to walk longer.

Crystal. I have a problem with protein. Just don't like it unless it is fast food. Not big on veggies except for starchy ones. Haha. I am doomed.

Off to clean out the pantry I guess. Have a great day.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #374  

Enjoyed my week end and sorry when it was over. But they say we might get rain this Friday. Woo Hoo. Got on the scale and it just made me sick. I'm trying to wake myself up and get some healthy stuff in this house.

Solly- Theres a good site for the 17 DD over at facebook. Terri Sinclair runs it. Its full of information. I hope you can find something that works for you.

Crystal- You must be getting in such good shape.

Ellen- Hope its going good for you. Are you walking lately.

Off to finish my coffee....
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #375  

Default Howdy

Hang in there Toni. The scales are a fickle beast. I am up this week and it chaps my hinney when I work so hard. I enjoyed a few treats over the weekend but nothing too stupid. Just keep moving, eat healthy and the scales will follow.