General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacBarbie View Post
Hello fellow Fat Smashers!!!

I was in a bad car accident and had to go on steroid therapy for my spinal injuries. These steroids caused me to blow up like nitro!!!

I ran into Dr. Ian at an event and he told me to try his 4 day diet. I lost 20 pounds in one month!!

fast forward another year, I have a new baby I did so good during my pregnancy i only gained 17 pounds (my doctor said that was fine I lost 12 pounds my first trimester because I was soooo sick) I lost 14 pounds by my 6 week appointment!!!

that was so short lived, I had to go on another round of steroid injections for my back and put on 30 pounds in less than 2 months

getting so heavy so fast after losing my "baby" weight has messed with my mind a bit!!

with that being said , I hope you ladies can welcome me to the group & we can lose this weight together!!!

I'm doing Dr. Ians 4 day diet with a mix of the original Fat Smash
Hey Girl!

Can you tell me what's different about the 4-day diet from the fat smash diet? I'll most likely buy the book, I just want to kow what's the reasoning behind the weightlos...thanks!
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey, primetime, you're never going to believe, I've fallen off track so much, binging and being lazy, I've gained more weight, and now I weigh 159! My gosh that is my heaviest!
I need to do something about this, but don't know what. I may have to wait a few days to control my binges before I get back to dieting. Sorry to be mia. Hope you are well. *hugs
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #123  

Oh Beila! I haven't been losing weight at the quickest pace, but I'm taking it day by day. I sometimes eat things that are bad but in moderation. I'm a binger, I'll never stop being one. That's the main reason that I only lose 2lbs a week. I have bite sized candies and 100 cal packs, more than the allowed snack. I've learn to accept that any progress is still progress. It's okay to eat those foods that you want. But there are ways around the eating.

You need to start weight training, it's a life saver! It really makes a difference. Today was the first time I've been able to move my ticker and I did it! 190.6!!

Beila, you can do this! Focus! Get your goals in mind and focus!!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #124  

Hey primetime, I'm sooo excited for your ticker moving! Congrats! You are doing so good! Despite your occasional "extras" in your diet, which btw are not too bad at all, I'm really proud of u! I wish I could get back to EFS, but u know post binge phases are tough to get out of, and I've been at it for days just binging. I think maybe 2 weeks or so? Not sure when I stopped EFS. But I can say that I'm trying to regroup and stay hopeful about my diet and exercise. Just been in and out of some "lows" you know. I do use some of the EFS meals every now and then and even the suggestions u have given me such as the broccoli and overnight oatmeal. I am really beginning to love the food and just find myself content with eating the EFS way.

Today I managed to do close to 2 hours of cardio, really low low intensity cardio though so like walking and stairclimbing, burning 560 cals at the gym. But this is actually a good start considering I didn't do any exercise since last sunday.

Well, keep smashing the fat. And I'll be all ready in a few days to get back on I'm sure. Just taking baby steps to get back.

Btw, I am about 156 now, just gained the weight back plus 1. Sigh. Well it could be worse, I could still be binging in my binge phase, right? Glad that's over.

Talk soon!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #125  

I think you should binge for as long as you need to. However, I think you should also workout. It's ok to be out of control. But ask yourself one question, who's holding the wheel?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
I think you should binge for as long as you need to. However, I think you should also workout. It's ok to be out of control. But ask yourself one question, who's holding the wheel?
NO, no more binge encouraging for me. I can't do it anymore. Seriously, would love to just "get it out of my system" but my body is taking it badly. It takes like 3-4 days for me to recover and get back down again.

How are you doing Primetime? Why so quiet? Are you doing alright? I hope you're still fat smashing!! You are my go to girl here for encouragement! Hope you're well!!

MacBarbie, hi there! How's the 4 day diet? I read that book, but decided not to follow it. I like a more structured diet. Just tell me what to do, you know?

---

As for me, I'm recovering well from the binge phase, earlier this week and will be coming around to EFS reaaal soon! I'm just figuring things out. I'm eating well, and exercising (not that stellar though, just walking on treadmill, stairclimbing, elliptical, just really slow though to get myself back).

Talk soon!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #127  

That's awesome, I can't wait to see you back on track....I binged hardcore this weekend, just because i felt like I should be able to eat whatever I want....but I went to the gym and worked out....still hoping I didn't gain weight, but if I don't get my sweets at some point, i'll fall off the wagon...tues, we will see how big the damage is. I had oreos, egg rolls, pizza, doritos, mm's lol and real soda....This week i'm going to try to lose the full 4lbs!! like for real this time!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #128  

Primetime--Oh no, please don't binge anymore. It won't help with all the hard core working out you're doing. Be strong. I know you can do this. I do hope that you won't give up trying nonetheless. That is what's the most important thing when going through the diet. Just get back on it. You'll make it!!

I've been managing binging well, so I'm just happy to feel back in control. Have a good weekend!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #129  

ok so managed to gain a pound....however, I should've still lost a pound--apparently since I lefted weights(full body) for 3 days in row the muscle hasn't broken down yet. I'm hoping that it will and I'm praying that by thursday I can at least lose another 2lbs! I feel so discouraged!! Hey Beila, how are you doing?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #130  

Oh an then I looked on the calendar and since Feb 8th I've lost 19lbs and that's way too slow, looking at the time is making me feel even more discouraged
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #131  

Hey Primetime, maybe you it's water weight? Not sure, but i thought that i read somewhere when you build/break down muscle doing strength training, it takes up water. Are you regular? TOM?

Don't fret over 1 pound. I think you've done GREAT! 19 pounds so far! WoW!
I have only lost like 1.5 pounds since 1/1/11! It's discouraging for me as well, so i feel your pain, like ENOUGH ALREADY! is what i keep telling myself. mybday is coming up next month, and i would have been at my goal by now, if only i tried to lose 1 pound/week, which is soo doable.

anyhoo, just keep treading along. DON'T GIVE UP! If you watch biggest loser, you know how hard it is week to week, just to lose 1 or 2 pounds for some. And they do workout hard and eat right. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to us why it's not working. Body is complex. The key is to NOT GIVE UP. You can do it!! Please keep smashing along, and you'll get there. Just like everyone else that has had to lose weight, they did not give up.

---

As for me, i've been eating right, binge free for 6 days now (today is day 6), and finding new ways to make myself not hungry. I cut up some jicama yesterday, so another thing to add to my "free snacks" list when i get back on EFS.

BTW, i was thinking of starting cycle 1 week 1 soon, so like the end of this month. What do you think? Where are you at? Please let me know as I would love to have a buddy to cheer on and work through it together!

Talk soon!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #132  

I've decided to stay on cycle one week one, since I'm seeing 2lbs results....I just had lentil soup with kale. (had I not gone overboard this weekend I would've been 189) I think you should start there, I remember you losing more during that period...at one point didn't you acutally lose the 3lbs or 4? Also, what do you consider a binge? Is Jicama that jamican fruit that's in a can? I was wondering about that....
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #133  

We can do it, it's just going to take some serious focus!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
We can do it, it's just going to take some serious focus!
for sure! the focus is like 99% of it. really if you think about it. in all that you do, you just have to focus so you don't go off the rail...going off is like being pushed from 1st place to 2nd to last place or something. like it just throws you off track.

i'll be here though if you need more support!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #135  

Thanks! I guess I'm really freaking out because I just found out that I'm going to this greek party(he invited me and my sorority) and I wanted to lose 4lbs each week until the party. which would put me at 12lbs and at this rate i'd only be at 8lbs, but only if I can lose 3lbs this week. or it will be 7lbs...ugh and my Ex is going to be there! With his new girl friend! So, I wanted to look extra great! I have a lot of anxiety about it.At first I was excited and now I don't even want to go anymore...lol.

I'm here for you to! The only reason I encourage your binges--is because I've been a weight loss rut before and I know how it is to stop and start, while in the middle of a binge and that can often make it worse. So, that's why I said start when you were ready. However, I am so glad that you've been binge free for 6days!

I'm on cycle 1 week 1 and will be doing this for a while.