General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey dedicated,
Its frustrating when things aren't moving, but I'm glad you are trying to figure things out and that you are still eating healthy and exercising. Sometimes I feel like that's what we have to do to maintain anyways, and if u look around and see what other people do, it is probably the case for a lot of people. To lose the weight, its those extra things you can do that will count. I guess figuring out what makes you maintain first is important. Also if ur metabolism is messed up from extremely low cal diets, I would up the cals and continue to exercise at the same intensity as before and see if that works. Or you can "zig zag" your cal intake, like 1200 one day and 1400 the next, and keep switching it up. I read that this way, ur body's metabolism gets moving again if u were stuck before.

Hope you figure it all out!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks Beila! Here is an update of what's going on:

So far pretty good. I'm down 1.8lbs for the week and still have 5 days to go!
Yesterday I had:

Gym time: 60 mins and 20 min of weight training

Breakfast: 1 mixed berry smoothie w/1/2 an apple
Snack: Fat smashers granola(awesome)
Lunch: Lemon pepper Tuna w/ steamed veggie mix(has blacks beans in it)
Snack: 1/2 of an Apple and a serving of cashews
Dinner: Fat Smashers Layered Dip Wrapped in Lettuce for crunch
(Spicey brown rice/fat free refried beans/1/2 a cup of chicken
shreds/Sliced bell peppers with cumin and garlic salt!) <--so good!

How are you guys doing???
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #48  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Going to restart Fat Smash again! When I started it last yr it was what kicked off my better/healthier lifestyle because it was full of foods that I could eat and loved to eat. So now all I have to do is recommit myself.

Dunno if I will do the detox part though as I don't really feel I need it at this time but if getting back on track seems harder than it should I will get back on the detox.

Now I just need to find the food lists again. I had them on my old computer but it died
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #49  

Hey toniya! Get the book, its probably really cheap on amazon if u get it used. And while u wait for the book to arrive, just do some version of the foods you remember. Or look online for some of the foods.

Primetime, the bell peppers sounds so good! I'm gonna try that today. Spices are so key to making my meals taste good, I had my chickpeas and fennel with curry powder, cayenne, and garlic powder last night and it was so good! Sauteed it with olive oil.

Today I have to do 2 rounds of exercise, 45 min in the morning and 40 in the evening. Sighhh..I'll give it my best!

Talk soon!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #50  

wow, twice a day! You go girl! I need to start doing two-a-days, but I might save that for when I plateau that way I'll have something to change...
Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #51  

I know in the past, I always lose weight after a two-a-day of working out. Try it sometime! Even if the second one is just fast walking for 45min to an hour. It really works for me!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #52  

Here's how my Day #2 has gone so far...not very good though:

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries
Snack: 1/2 pear
Meal 2: Spinach Salad, dried cranberries, 2 Tablespoons raspberry vinagrette with 1 teaspon dijon mustard, 1 celery stick, 5 abbay carots, 12 almonds, 1 mozzarella stick, 1 garden burger, 1 small avocado with drizzle of olive oil.
Meal 3: SKIPPING (was supposed to be fish and 2 servings of vegetables)
Snack: 1/2 small apple, 1 kiwi
Meal 4: Dinner will be 4 ounces of fish 1 serving of vegetables (was supposed to be 1/2 cup rice (for gammas), and 1/2 cup chick peas).

Exercise: 30 min treadmill run/walk, and 30 min elliptical machine. I still need to do 25 min later tonight of some type of cardio.

I think Meal 2 was too much, thus why I skipped meal 3. I know i shouldn't skip meals, but was starving at meal #2. I'll just have to stay on track tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Beila; 03-23-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #53  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Here's how my Day #2 has gone so far...not very good though:

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries
Snack: 1/2 pear
Meal 2: Spinach Salad, dried cranberries, 2 Tablespoons raspberry vinagrette with 1 teaspon dijon mustard, 1 celery stick, 5 abbay carots, 12 almonds, 1 mozzarella stick, 1 garden burger, 1 small avocado with drizzle of olive oil.
Meal 3: SKIPPING (was supposed to be fish and 2 servings of vegetables)
Snack: 1/2 small apple, 1 kiwi
Meal 4: Dinner will be 4 ounces of fish 1 serving of vegetables (was supposed to be 1/2 cup rice (for gammas), and 1/2 cup chick peas).

Exercise: 30 min treadmill run/walk, and 30 min elliptical machine. I still need to do 25 min later tonight of some type of cardio.

I think Meal 2 was too much, thus why I skipped meal 3. I know i shouldn't skip meals, but was starving at meal #2. I'll just have to stay on track tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Were you able to get your 2nd workout in yesterday? How's it going?
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #54  

Hey Dedikayted,
No, i ended up staying at home and finishing up some work. BUT! I did an AM workout this morning, I jogged for 45 min and burned 400 cals! And today I'm going to do another workout, probably 1 hour of cardio, which is what I'm supposed to do anyways.

Today is going well. Staying on track to the diet, PERFECTLY!

I am having 1/2 cup chickpeas w/ 1/2 cup brown rice, and it tastes soo good! I cook the chickpeas with curry powder, onion powder and other spices and it reminds me of Indian food!

How's your day going? Have you decided what to do about your diet yet?

Hope to hear from ya!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #55  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Hey Bella.

Yep. I am still "on plan" of trying to eat at the "correct" calorie levels. I am still hanging in there! TOM is hanging around for another day or so, so I next week I will get to see real results of whats going on! Can't wait.

You are doing very well on plan! Keep at it!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-23-2011 at 09:00 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #56  

Hey Dedicated! Thanks for cheering me on! TOM is bad for me, I didn't lose weight those weeks. But even with exercise and dieting, I still just maintain during that time. Oh well.

So Here's Day 3. It actually is getting easier! I don't crave as many foods as I used to.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1/3 cup blueberries, 1/2 apple w/ cinnamon, green tea
Meal 2: Protein Smoothie (with strawberries, raspberries, 1/2 banana, bit of almond milk, rice protein powder, green powder)
Snack: Carrots with 2 tablespoons low fat dressing and dijon mustard
Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup chickpeas cooked with onions and curry powder
Meal 4: 4 oz baked fish, sweet potato, beet salad with balsalmic vinagrette and red onion

Exercise: 45 min jog/walk in AM; 65 min elliptical / stairclimber in PM

I'm so full after meal 4! This is amazing! I hope I'm losing weight. I can't imagine I did after today, since I ate so much food. I mean, the food alone must be like 3-4 pounds! I don't know, whatever!

Hope everyone else is doing good today! Hope to see more fat smashers here!
Btw, i finished reading Dr. Ian's newest book "4-day diet" and although I don't think I can do the diet, I think the first half of the book (first 100 pages) is really motivating and helps you mentally prepare for the challenges of starting a weight loss program. I really like his style of writing too! He's to the point! Anyways, if you have a chance, check it out. I borrowed mine from the library.

Talk soon!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #57  

Hey guys, I'm feeling a little discouraged and I only lost 2lbs. It's not the end of the week but I do my weeks from thurs-thurs because that's when I weigh in. In the two weeks that i've been on the fat smash diet I've only lost 5lbs. which isn't bad I guess. I guess it is time for me to start doing SECOND WORKOUTS! But before I try that, I'm really going to come down hard on my timed eating because I do space my meals out, but I could do better... Or, it could be that my sodium intake is just ridiculous....idk.

Also I had the best oatmeal ever today. It's called overnight oatmeal and it is so good. You use 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 silk vanilla milk, 1/4 a cup of nf yougurt plain is best, a little honey, frozen berries--Mix and put in the fridge overnight! ugh it is soooo good!

I am excited about my lunch today, I'm having spicy lentils with tomatoes and shredded chicken...yum! How are you guys doing?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #58  

Hey prime time,
Don't be discouraged, I would be thrilled to lose 2 pounds per week! It's really hard for me to lose weight, even doing EVERYTHING perfectly with diet and exercise. That's why I do the "gamma" plan for extreme FS AND I do extra exercise than required by gammas. Sometimes I blame it on my body chemistry, my slow metabolism, or genes. IDK...I guess what I'm saying is that everyone is going to expect larger weight loss numbers based on past personal experiences or what the books or science says, but we have VERY complex bodies that don't always work the way we want it to. This week maybe you won't lose as much, but next week maybe you lose even more! Who knows. Just stay on track and you will get there!

---

So far day #4 is going well. My body feels great! Digesting well, and loving the plan. Today seems to be a "low" cal day, so I will have to take advantage of my free snacks and allowances for the day. Its a rest day but as a "gamma", I need to do 50 min cardio.

Will check in later!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #59  

Thanks! I should actually follow the plan to the T because I've just been eating what I'm supposed to and not following exactly! But you're right I should just stay positive. Have you weighed yourself yet?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #60  

Hey Prime Time, yeah i weighed myself each day, and I'm losing weight! Each day I can expect 0.5 pounds loss. So I'm about 150.0 now. It's really an encouragement each day, cause I need to stay motivated to eat and exercise the way the diet calls for. It just makes me feel like it's paying off every morning when I weigh in.

About following the plan, I would follow it to a T and in case if you falter, at least you know you did your best. It's like driving in the dark if you're not following the plan--you're likely to go off track and not get to where you want to be. For me, I went with the strictest plan on EFS and I still go "off" here and there, and don't feel so bad about it since I gave myself some room to slack. Know what i mean?

---

Here's my Day #4 on EFS:

Breakfast: 6 oz nonfat greek yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries, green tea
Meal 2: Fruit smoothie with 1 cup berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries), 1tsp green powder, 1 tsp rice protein powder
Meal 3: Small Beet salad with balsalmic vinagrette, and large Kale salad (with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, 2 tsp eggless mayo, 1 tsp dijon mustard).
Snack: 1 mozzarella cheese stick, 1 small apple
Snack: 2 celery sticks with 1 tsp almond butter
Meal 4: 1 garden burger, 1/2 cup brown rice with sauteed onions and 2 chopped celery sticks, hot lemon water

Exercise: 60 min treadmill run / fastwalk

---

Feeling good, but might get hungry again tonight. I hope I can hang in there and not eat anymore. I have pickes in the fridge if I need a snack. This diet makes me very "regular" and I'm hoping that it's due to my metabolism coming back to life. I felt like it was nonexistent in the last 2 months.

How's everyone else on their diets?

Talk soon!

Last edited by Beila; 03-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.