General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I finally went walking 20 mins after dinner so that would make 45 mins walk for the day. Yay! I need to continue this pattern. I weighed in this morning at 173.0 AGAIN! *sigh* I think I know where my problem is. I'm not regular anymore. Not sure why. I used to be in the beginnning and poof, that changed. I might have to add some benefibre in my food or something. Or even start having one Activia per day to get me going again. Other than that, things are going good!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #197  
margarita124

S/C/G: 237.4/T/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey Smashers- I'm looking at starting the program this week-we are organizing our food shopping lists to start phase one-any tips? I find the "list" in the book not to be very helpful....Any feedback would be greatly apprecited
margarita124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #198  

I found for phase 1, preparing your meals and freezing them are the best option. Not only is it convenient, but it keeps you on track. DON'T CHEAT! You'll see that in the beginning, you'll want to but don't! Things will get easier in a few days. You just need to tough the first ones. Find recipes you enjoy. Vegetable Chili is one of my fave during phase 1. Not only is it filling but it's delicious. If you have a sweet tooth, make something with fruits in it. I loved having my apple bake mixed with yogurt. Mmmm! Drinks LOTS of water. I have to go now but let me know how things go! We're here for ya if you have any questions.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Sophie, how much water do you drink? I'm thinking of a make a stir fry with brown rice and veggies, I'm really craving chinese.

@Margarita I few staple and easy things I include on my shopping list: Lentils, brown rice, sweet potatos, bags of broc and mixed veg, frozen chicken, cheese. I like to get stuff to where I can make it on the run. It all really depends on what you plan on making and if you're a cooker (like Sophie..lol) I'm cooker if I have time and I never really do. These items are quick and easy for me to make the night before.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #200  

I drink at least 3 bottles (591ml) a day. Sometimes more. The only time I don't drink enough water is on the weekend. I always forget to fill my bottles the night before where as when I'm at work, they buy those big bottles and it's always cold so I just refill my bottle there.

I just finished eating a chicken salad, omg it was good! I really enjoyed it. I also went walking so I'm happy Hopefully tomorrow will be better on the scale. My "official" weigh ins that count are on Fridays.

Lately, I don't have much an appetite for dinner. I've been doing fruit smoothies. They're yummy and they are easy to digest compared to a full dinner. I might make one for dinner tonight since I want low numbers tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be 171 *crossing my fingers*

PrimeTime, do you have an official start day? Did you weigh in? I wish I would've measured myself in the start. I think I lost inches on my hips.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-22-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #201  

Weighed in this morning at 173.0. I seem to be stuck at 173. I'll have to stop weighing in every day and just weigh in on Friday. I'm all sad that I'm at 173 but when I look at it, I lost 1.4 lbs this week so it's something right? I think my body is still adjusting to my way of eating. I went walking again last night. I'm being good. The scale isn't really helping me right now but we'll see what happens next Friday.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #202  

I started 8/25, I measured myself then, I have a friend measure me every month. I'm in a weightloss challenge right now and weigh-ins are on thursday, so I've stopped weighing myself every day. I've been doing but back tracking over the weekends, which this last 8 weeks isn't going to happen. Also, when you diet you naturally poop less, but you should be trying to drink as close to a gallon a day as you can.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #203  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Hello all!

Well like most of the world, I have yo-yo-ed myself into my highest weight. I have told myself for a while now that this must end, and unless I set myself an actual goal and plan I am not going to get it done. Well, I was thinking over how I would go about losing weight this time and I have decided to join the smashers. It seems like it was destiny since I will be starting tomorrow and exactly 90 days down the road is Dec. 24th. My goal is to successfully complete the 90 days on the fat smash diet and lose 25 lbs. That goal is probably a little high, but if I get anywhere close I will be very happy.

Well, I will be checking in here regularly, and I hope you all don't mind the addition of one more smasher into your group. I have never done this diet before so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Thanks!

:P
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #204  

@PrimeTime: If you get measured every month and you started on the 25th, that would mean you measured yourself this weekend right? How did it go? Did you lose any inches?
@Gatorgirl6: Welcome! It's always fun having more people join in. Did you buy the book yet? If so, which one do you have (Regular/Extreme)? I'm doing the regular one and I'm almost done phase 2.

Only one more week to go and I'll be in phase 3!!! This is the farthest I've gone on this diet and I'm very proud of myself. Next Monday, I'm going to be adding whole wheat bread & pasta in my diet again. I'm kinda scared and excited at the same time. I don't want it to stop my weight loss. I still have cheated/binged. My boyfriend even continues to buy chips/fast food and I don't have any. I'm pretty focused in my diet ATM. I really want to lose this weight. One of my goals is to lose weight for Halloween which is 1 month away. I'm wearing a short dress so... want to look my best hehe! My other goal is my new year resolution from last year was to reach my goal weight before 2012. I still have time to reach it and want to do it by then! My goal weight is 135-140lbs. I haven't weighed in since last Friday. The scale is calling my name HAHA! I stay away from it. I'll only weigh in next Friday. Well, off to fill up my water bottle. Hope you guys have a great day!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #205  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

@Sophie - I'm just doing the regular version. I read Phase 1 in Barnes & Noble and then came home and ordered a $3 used version online. I figure it will get here by the time I start Phase 2.

Well, today is Day 1. I weighed in this morning and still can't believe I let myself get here. 205.6. <eek!> Well, Hopefully soon that number will be long gone. I don't really know what to expect for this diet. Phase 1 says 30 min exercise and lots of veggies and fruit. I went to the store yesterday and stocked my fridge full of my fav fruits and veggies. I think I can do this... change that - I know I can do this. For my 30 min of exercise I think I am going to try to do the 30 day shred. Lets see how these two plans combine for me. :P
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #206  

I didn't exercise during the first phase. I REALLY didn't feel like it so I just stuck to the diet. (I can't start exercise and diet at the same time, too much to think about at one time lol) I started walking during phase 2 though. I walk 45 mins 5 days a week. If you're a cooker (like PrimeTime calls me haha), find some good recipes and cook it in advance so that you don't stray. I found some good recipes that I still enjoy even on phase 2 and possibly 3.

Mmmmm! I bought myself a greek salad at the grocery store, it's DELICIOUS! For $3.99, will buy again! I noticed that I enjoy salads more now So from now on, it's going to be salads for lunch (Monday-Friday). I may add wraps from time to time during phase 3 to change things up if needed. I went walking by myself today during lunch. 25 mins. My co-worker didn't take a lunch. When I heard she wasn't coming, I got to thinking... should I go or shouldln't I? I then decided to go. Might as well! Then I'll only do 20 mins when I get home and I'll be good for the day!

Oh, and I saw my sister yesterday... She said she could tell I lost weight by my face and by the way my clothes were fitting. That was REALLY nice to hear. She's really encouraging me to keep going. She's always asking how the diet is going and stuff. I'm really loving my sister right now HAHA!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #207  

Welcome gatorgirl6, this diet is pretty managable once you figure out what you really like as opposed to just doing the program as it directs. It works better if you enjoy it! You can do this!

@Sophie I had measured myself aug 11 so I've already measured myself for the month of september, I do my measurements around that time. This weekend I had a lot of salad to. I didn't have time to make food twice, so I went to McDonalds and got a southwest grilled chicken salad w/o dressing. (320). That was satisfying. Doesn't it feel just great when all of your hard work is recognized! That is awesome!

Lastnight I made "Not so chicken fried rice" for lunch today and tomorrow. It was pretty good. This week is going to be a good week. Oh yea and I made it through the weekend without going overboard!

Last edited by PrimeTime; 09-26-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #208  

Ok, you have to post the recipe for that "Not so chicken fried rice" haha! Rice & Chicken are both something I love so that'll probably a recipe worth trying. Good for you for doing great this weekend! I can't believe I haven't had bread or pasta in 3 weeks! That's crazy for me! I feel so good lately. I have such a positive attitute compared to before. I'm also not feeling depressed. Unreal how food can change your attitude towards life. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday!!!

Edit: Oh, and on Friday, I'm going to the movies with my friends. I won't be able to buy some popcorn like I would normally do. I'll have to eat something filling before going because the smell of popcorn is going to kill me!!

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #209  

Bring your own healthy little move snack! Me too! I can't weight (lol) to weigh in on Thursday. I didn't weigh myself at all this weekend. Normally, I weigh myself every hour.

Not so fried, chicken fried rice

Ingredients:

Pam
2 cups of Brown Rice
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 packet of Asian fried rice seasoning or 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 1 Table spoon of ginger
1 Table spoon of honey
1 bag of frozen broc stir fry
*I also added cayenne pepper

Put rice and chicken on to cook. Scrambled egg whites with pam. Put frozen veggies on top of scrambled eggs. When rice and chicken are done, add them into the mix. Add in the listed seasonings and stir thoroughly.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #210  

Mmmm! Sounds yummy! Will try that, thanks!
Do you have any ideas of what I should bring as a snack at the movies? I would need something salty for sure. Hmmmm...