General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Unstoppable. I think it may be the grains. For years, I've realized a sensitivity to even whole grains. Two years ago, my doctor suggested having them "once in a while," which was further clarified to one or two moderate servings per week.

On Fat Smash, my meals were centered around fresh fruits (mostly apples, bananas), Brown rice with steamed vegetables, brown rice and beans, beans on salad greens with shredded carrots, onion. One day, I added plain yogurt. Most everything was organic and prepared and/or eaten fresh. Water: I've been drinking more than half my bodyweight in ounces.

My co-worker is still Fat Smashing and DOWN 2 pounds! She has much more energy and looks happier. She did fess up that she's been having one, sugar-free coffee every day Though she suggested this plan, she was the one who put up most of the fuss - ha ha ha And here, she's doing great, even considering doing a second cycle after these 9 days are up!

I'm going to see how I do with the low carb for the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

Okay, it's not all about ME . . how are YOU doing?

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #347  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing great. Kind of on plan for the most part, but not really. However, I am still dropping weight. For me it's meat. No one has ever told me to stare clear, but I notice that the weight doesn't budge when I eat too many meals with meat. Hope everything works out for you. Just be patient and consistency will pay off. Sometimes it takes out body a while to get adjusted.
unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #348  
margarita124

S/C/G: 237.4/T/165

Height: 5'7"

HI girls! I hope you are all doing well-haven't seen a ton of activity but I'm guessing many are busy but still reading the forum posts? I am-nice to see continued support and successes. Cravings are back-it's annoying-I don't eat as much food but I'm craving crap. I can finally say I feel like I have met a milestone....my pants feel loose-I weighed in today (I don't do scale more than 2x/month-stresses me) and I am over the 15lb mark. I'm excited about this-It's not warp speed but I hope I can keep slowly losing. I hope all are doing well and hanging in there!!
margarita124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #349  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Margarita
I am still around. Congrats on hitting that 15 pound mark and passing it. I am not quite following the diet anymore to a tee, but I do incorporate mostly phase 1 days into my diet. So far I am having great success.
unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Anyone want to start this up again with me?
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #351  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
Anyone want to start this up again with me?
I plan on starting the fat smash diet in Feb with my daughter. I have read all the posts and understand how it works and think I can do it. I have made a list of the phase 1 foods to go to the grocery and am getting all syked up mentally to start exercising. Can you give me any advice on what to put on my grocery list? Here's what I have:

Oatmeal
All fruits
All vegtables
All beans
tofu
yogurt
egg whites
mzaunnantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes, I'm interested. I'm starting Day 1 of Phase I tomorrow, and would love a support system on 3fc.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaunnantx View Post
Can you give me any advice on what to put on my grocery list? Here's what I have:

Oatmeal
All fruits
All vegtables
All beans
tofu
yogurt
egg whites
I would add low-fat or skim milk to your list, for sure. Oh, and herbal tea.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #354  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
I would add low-fat or skim milk to your list, for sure. Oh, and herbal tea.
Thanks so much for the milk and the herb tea. I just love herb tea Don't drink much milk though but I can cook with it or mix it up with my oatmeal. Can we use artifical sweetners or honey?
mzaunnantx is offline   Reply With Quote