General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Licia,
Thanks for your support, but I'm not in my 120's at the moment. I put on 5lbs. during the holidays, and am having the hardest time dropping them. I exercise, count calories, drink my water. Nothing seems to help. That's why I chose Fat Smash to shake things up a bit. Didn't really drop a ton like they said I would. I lost 1 lb. That's it. Like Dedikayted said to me, maybe I'm not losing those lbs. because I've been dieting soooo long that my body wants to hold onto them. Sheesh it's irritating. I had to come here and post so I would not go off the deep end today. The last few days I've been counting cals instead of following Fat Smash hoping that would help again.

I think you're doing a GREAT job. Congrats on not getting out of control, but continue to try. Keep it up. This plan will work for you!

All the best to you!
Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #32  
Licia New Me

S/C/G: 170/167/125

Height: 5 foot even

talking potty training my son tomorrow.. wish me luck... so far an hour or two without a diaper adn he has pottied fine with no accidents... he knows how, just is lazy
he is 31 months.
newmeLicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #33  

Licia, Congratulations on potty training your son! That's a huge deal. Boys are harder to train. So hang in there.

Keep at this. And I will be back on Fat Smashers on Monday. It seems to help me to stay in control and feel full. I noticed when I started to eat cereal, I was hungrier.

Good luck to you.
Tyla
Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey dedicated, newmie, and tyla!

I've decided to start the Extreme Fat Smash Diet for 7 days (and maybe 14 days, repeating week 1). Today is day 1.

Can i join in on the posting here? In need of fat smash support buddies!

If you recall my previous post, I did EFS before with great results. I hope to get myself out of the 150's soon, and into 140's with this diet. I've been "stuck" for a while at my current weight, and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I know Extreme worked for me in the past, I'm tired of counting cals, just wanna do whatever Ian says. I know it works for me, so I'll try again.

Talk soon!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #35  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Bella,

I will be here to cheer you on! I did 2 weeks of week one a few weeks ago. Just think in less than 14 days you WILL be 14x pounds!!!!

See you on Day 1!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #36  

I kinda went off today! Oops It's supposed to be day 2, but I ate a veggie burrito from Rubios's Mexican Grill. They were giving it as free lunches at the LA Marathon. Btw, I was a medical volunteer, not a runner. Just thought I should mention that, hehe!

I looked up the calories, and it's a whopping 760 calories or so! What the eff? Way too much for something that is supposed to be "healthy". The healthy version has like over 500 cals. I don't get fast food places. They are too much for me. Never eating at a fast food place again!

So what to do now... I'm thinking of just starting on day 2 tomorrow rather than restart day 1 all over again.

Has anyone experienced this before? What do you do when you "mess up"? Do you keep going on that day or restart the day or previous day?

I don't want to mess up this time. But to my credit, I did have my day's lunch planned, and I was going to have my own salad and fruit instead of what they had at the marathon. I do want to run next year though. Today's race was so inspiring...seeing so many people finish the race, in what i think is one of the worst weather conditions ever, it just poured rain all over LA today. So bad. I can't believe the people that managed to finish the race. Props to the racers!

I'll check in later to see how's everyone else doing on the FS diet!

Talk soon!

Last edited by Beila; 03-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #37  

I'm starting day over again tomorrow, Beila. Welcome to the group!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #38  

Today is Day 1
Old 03-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #39  

Hey tyla,
I'm doing day 1 over today as well. So far so good, just hungry though, but spacing meals out every 3 hours and having both of my snacks.

Are u doing the extreme fat smash?

Talk soon!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #40  

I'm doing the original plan, whatever that's called. So far, so good.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! I'm on my second week of the extreme fat smash diet. I lost 3lbs the first week and I hoping for another lost this week. I made some oatmeal cookies and they were awesomely filling. They didn't taste like the best cookies ever, but they did satisfy me and are keeping me full. Good Luck to everyone!!
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #42  

Day 1 is really difficult, I already had 2 mozzarella sticks, almonds, and dried cranberries as snacks. I don't think I should have eaten that much for snacks, but just trying to curb the hunger. Still need to workout for 65 min. Going to gym soon.

Primetime, good to see you here and congrats on 3 pounds lost! Hope to see u more often here as we can motivate each other.

Talk soon
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #43  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I made it through Extreme by making sure my 2 snacks were really filling. Sometimes instead of having 100 calories worth of almonds, I would have 1/3 dry measured cup of oatmeal or a 0% greek yogurt.

I dont get to have regular bread, but if I could - heck, I would go and get that Nature's Own 35 calorie bread...throw a couple slices of fat free deli turkey on it with a bunch of lettuce and tomato and have a sandwich for 100 calories!

Basically, you just need to make sure that you get the most filling food you can find. Whatever will fill you up.

I also would try to not eat my breakfast too early in the morning.. I basicaly would wait until I was really hungry. That way, my meals could be closer together..

For instance, sometimes I get to work at 6am. If I had my first meal at the time.... I would end up having all my meals too early. So all in all, you get 4 meals and 2 snacks.... so 6 minimeals altogether. If my eating schedule looked something like this, I would be happier:

11 am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 7:00pm, 9:00pm

Just some of my "tricks" to make EFS easier 'for me'

Hope everyone has done well today!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #44  

Hey Dedicated,
Thanks for the great tips! I'm really going to try them out! I don't eat meat, but do eat seafood, so if I can try making my snacks more filling like tuna fish sandwiches, I'll give it a try! Also I LOVE oatmeal with cinnamon, so I'll give that a try too! I think breakfast will be later in the day as well, since I'm not super hungry when I wake up anyways. So what plan of action are you doing now in terms of the diet? Have you started? I hope to see you more! Thanks for motivation!!

---

So for me today, I did ok.

Breakfast: 2 Egg whites and Apple
Snack 1: Almonds, Dried Cranberries, 1 mozzarella stick
Snack 2: 1 Mozzarella stick
Lunch: Spinach Salad with 3 Tablespoons lite dressing, a few baby carrots, 2 egg white hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 1/2 cup chickpeas 1/2 fennel bulb sauteed

Exercise: 65 min cardio-- treadmill running/fast walking, stairclimber

Hope everyone is doing well on their diets!
Talk soon!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #45  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Hey Dedicated,
Thanks for the great tips! I'm really going to try them out! I don't eat meat, but do eat seafood, so if I can try making my snacks more filling like tuna fish sandwiches, I'll give it a try! Also I LOVE oatmeal with cinnamon, so I'll give that a try too! I think breakfast will be later in the day as well, since I'm not super hungry when I wake up anyways. So what plan of action are you doing now in terms of the diet? Have you started? I hope to see you more! Thanks for motivation!!

---

So for me today, I did ok.

Breakfast: 2 Egg whites and Apple
Snack 1: Almonds, Dried Cranberries, 1 mozzarella stick
Snack 2: 1 Mozzarella stick
Lunch: Spinach Salad with 3 Tablespoons lite dressing, a few baby carrots, 2 egg white hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 1/2 cup chickpeas 1/2 fennel bulb sauteed

Exercise: 65 min cardio-- treadmill running/fast walking, stairclimber

Hope everyone is doing well on their diets!
Talk soon!

Your meals look good! As for me,, I just finished taking a week's rest to try and RESET/RESTART my metabolism. I have exercised intensely for a while and I think I was heading right down the OVERTRAINING mode. So I gave my body a break. Plus, I started reading about calories, BMR, and all that good stuff because in the end, I really want to be able to eat without trying to stick to low low calories. I thank all the programs that have assisted me to get where I am but I got to the point where I was plateauing... I was exercising alot and losing very slowly so I decided to do a little research and figure things out. So anyway, right now, I am experimenting.. Trying to put into action what knowledge I did take in about eating the right calorie amounts. I will know very soon how everything works out. Don't get me wrong.. plans like Extreme are good for a change/shock to the system and it definitely got me past a plateau. However, I think staying at low calories for too long along with uping my exercise more and more may have started having negative effects on my progress. I wasn't gaining but I just wasn't going anywhere. So now, instead of desperately trying to find the next fix, I just wanted to for once and for all find out what works for me. I mean.. I'm dedicated to my goal.. I eat healthy... I exercise... so the bottom line is - I deserve to be at goal. There was something that I was doing wrong and I am determined to figure it out.

So anyway.. this is my 2nd week on the experiment.. I started upping my calories 8-9 days ago. I just started back exercising this week. It will take a little while to really see if things are working, but I will stay the course.

I guess I knew that things were not right because I know plenty of people who are in their 120s and 130s that eat way more calories than me, and exercised less and were still moving along towards their goal... And others who were maintaining their weight in the 120s and 130s were still eating more calories than me... So I guess I had to finally just turn the light switch on... For a long time, I just thought my body is "different" and I have to fight it til the end.... but I no longer think that is what it needs at all. It is not trying to fight me. I think it was trying to tell me how to get to where I wanted to go safely, but I just didn't want to listen. But now.. I think we (my body and I) have opened the lines of communication.. It talks, I listen... and we are about to be in a much happier place.

I mean.. Let's face it.. I have to live in this body for a long time.. Can't put up a "for sale" sign and move on to a new address.. So instead.. I will remodel this one.....its worth the work No more fighting.. It loves me and from now on, I am going to love it back.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-22-2011 at 07:05 AM.