General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Primetime, I know how you feel about making it to the weight for the event date. I do this all the time, with my bday, vacations, parties, etc. The best advice I can give to you is that you just have to think about what you are doing now and how close or precise you are with staying on the plan that you have set out to do, but not necessarily stressing about whether or not you are seeing the results you want. Because in the end, you will look back and say, yay, I did the very best I could, and this is what I achieved (X amount of weight loss). If it truly is the very best that you could do (diet and exercise regime), then what more could you ask for? So, if 7, or 8 or 12 lbs is what you achieve to lose, as long as you know that you did all you could do, in that amount of time, you should be sooo proud of yourself! Seriously, people ask me if I lost weight in the past and in actuality, I had gained weight from the last time they saw me, so I don't think people notice 4 pounds on a person because its so spread out.

Each day, make a plan for what you can do to lose the weight (exercise + diet) and if you achieve it, then hooray! One more day that you finished in reaching your goal! How long that takes does not matter, just stick to what you set out and commit to do. And if you fall or go off track, quickly go back on track, and adjust yourself to get focused again.

I will be smashing soon with ya! Just overcoming the binge thing for now. Each day is hard enough for me to fight off urges. Even today I almost went to the store, but I used all sorts of methods to stop myself. It really is a battle.

Talk soon, and don't fret, u are doing GREAT!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Today wasn't such a great day, I have been snacking all day, but I haven't really gone overboard. I just don't feel up to it today, I've eaten everything that was on my plan I just had a few extra 100 cal snacks. I'm going to the gym later on!

Thanks!! That really helps, I'm starting to get a little weak...I've been doing this since feb 8th and i'm just a little tapped out of endurance.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
Today wasn't such a great day, I have been snacking all day, but I haven't really gone overboard. I just don't feel up to it today, I've eaten everything that was on my plan I just had a few extra 100 cal snacks. I'm going to the gym later on!

Thanks!! That really helps, I'm starting to get a little weak...I've been doing this since feb 8th and i'm just a little tapped out of endurance.
Yeah, working out will help stop the snacking. It always does it for me. If you're feeling physically week, you might want to change up the types of snacks to more energy providing snacks such as carbs that are slow burning and have more fiber. Since Feb 8th? That's a long time to be on this diet. If you mean just your weight loss start date, then yeah, it's a process, but reading many of the people's stats on this board, it seems it's a long process for many many people, no matter what your starting weight is, the good news is that those people lose the weight and keep it off. The process is long, just gotta stick to it. Also, i notice that many people starting the weight loss journey long ago have successfully lost and kept off their weight and are still on this forum. Maintainence is hard too it seems for them! And i'm sure it will be, so let's just take the time to "get used to it", sorry this advice sounds like "suck it up", but even in maintainence for me, i have to watch myself very often and make sure i exercised, even though i wasn't trying to lose weight. But you can do it! I'm so happy for you getting through thus far!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #139  

Thanks, yeah I don't mean physically weak, I mean like I'm starting to cave in on my diet, hopefully after easter, I can get back to where I need to be. I back down to 190 and my goal is over these next four days that I'm out of town, to maintain my weight of 190. How are you doing thus far!?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #140  

Primetime,

It's been going ok. I'm still about 153-154, and each day is still difficult for me to avoid binges. I crave sweets to, but not as much as bread. My gym sessions are so poor, barely able to burn 300 cals. I just don't work out as hard as I used to, like 800-1000 before. So I need to work on my motivation, my drive to work hard, and to control my binging.

I just bought some almonds and kashi go lean cereal hoping that some healthy fat and fiber will help me prevent snacking. Also, I have been eating regularly, and more whole foods. Hardly anything is processed at all. So I should be in good shape to do efs as I won't need to detox. Its just the binging part that is hard.

Good job getting back down to 190! I hope u can continue despite being out of town. Stay positive, and keep at it! You're doing good
Old 04-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #141  

Ok, enough's enough! I'm gonna start EFS tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #142  

Day 1 cycle 1: starting weight 153.5

I have already messed up my breakfast I ate my eggwhite omlette and and orange, but soon after, within an hour, I was so hungry I had a half cup of kashi cereal and almond milk with like a cup of almonds. Just was starving this morning. Last night I only had half a banana and pickle for dinner, so I guess that's why.

Well hope the rest of the day goes well.

Last edited by Beila; 04-22-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #143  

aren't egg whites a free food?? why don't you put broccoli in ur omlets?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #144  

Eggwhites hard boiled are a free snack. You eat snacks when ur hungry between meals and to hold you over till next meal, but snacks are optional.

It didn't say to put broccoli in the omlette. I'm trying to follow the diet exactly as laid out.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #145  

How is everything going? My vaction went well, I still gained two pounds, but I could go to the gym and i'm certain that's what did it. I hate gaining and losing the same weight...ugh:/ all that hard work. But anyways, this week I'm pushing through and my June 19th my goal is to be at 15lbs.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #146  

Hi, I tried to go back on efs, but realized there are too many foods I miss. So I didn't make it past day 1 I am now trying IF and hoping that it works. It has worked for me in the past, without even realizing that that it had a name to it. So hopefully binging will be okay. I binged recently, last sunday, so I'm back up to my start weight again however now that it's may, I'm more determined and don't have time to mess up anymore, so I hope the weight comes off now. I'm also going to start training for a marathon in oct, and that should help me lose weight. I ran r miles yesterday at 5.5 on the treadmill, something I havent done before, or at least I can't remember if I have.

Are you going to start efs now? I will just use my IF as a way of eating and eat efs meals and snacks along with other ideas that I have come across. For exercise, I will do 60-90 min cardio, medium intensity, in the mornings or at fasting state, everyday.

This sounds crazy, but I hope to keep losing 4 pounds per week for a month. Let's do it!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #147  

i've been doing it this week and i tweaked it a little and got close to 4lbs i was 192.8 and now i'm 189.4. I added a spinach salad and rasberry dressing it's so good and it kills my sweet tooth. Next week i'll be back on track for my weight loss and maybe i'll hit 4lbs. I didnt workout much this week (2 days) right now it would've been 4. But IF? what's that?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #148  

Ugh:/ this weekend just made it clear to me that I need to work harder and that I need to reach my goal by August. I went to a pool party and saw all of these amazing bodies! I have never bought a swimming suit and I really think this time around I can reach my goal. Day 1, again!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to bump this up. Any one out there Fat Smashing? I'm on day 4 of Phase 1.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 AM   #150  

As you can read I was attempting the Extreme Fat Smash for a while, and now I have found my own balance of foods and exercise that I love. The longest I tried this diet was 2 weeks I was always scared ot the carbs in week 3, but now I enjoy carbs in moderation, Dr. Ian Smith would be proud of my current diet. It has a resemblance of the week 3.

Good luck to all fat smasher fans out there! I love the book and it was a great way for me to realize food portions and how to enjoy veggies and fish.

I don't eat meat, only seafood, so it was perfect for me.