General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a confession to make...
I've been having some Ice Coffees pretty often. I like them better than hot coffees. Do you guys think it's going to sabatoge my weight loss? It's a medium Ice Coffee from Tim Hortons.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

If you get cucumber sprinkle either lime or lemon on top of them with a touch of salt that tastes pretty good. You could also do the same thing with an Apple accept you would just put salt on it. Or You could make your own healthy version of trailmix.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #213  

As for the iced coffees, I would limit that to once a week, maybe Friday's.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #214  

Yeah, I didn't have iced coffees in the first phase and slowly started drinking them again during phase 2. It started at once a week, then it fell to the weekend, and then it fell to one a day pretty much. I'm going to have to limit myself to one a week like you said. As for snacks at the movie, don't really love cucumbers. Maybe apples but I'll look for more ideas online since the apple is going to go brown before I get to the movie lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #215  

I think I may go buy myself a cereal (something like Kashi) and put it in a bag and bring a bottle of water too. I think that could work.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #216  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Mmm. I made my mom's veggies for dinner tonight. It's basically a bunch of squash, zuccini, and whatever other veggies you have on hand and want to throw in with a can of undrained tomatoes, covered and simmered. Cook until its well done and season to taste. Sometimes I throw in some salsa or tomato sauce. So good. I made enough for a couple days. This yummy meal should help me get through phase 1.

Day 2 was a success. Only 7 days left in phase 1. ... Not easy, but I can do it.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #217  

Sounds good gatorgirl6! I know you can do it! Just keep going. You'll see how easier it gets.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #218  

oh wow, that does sound good. I think I do the simplified version of that when I'm in a rush I get frozen veggies and grab a can of tomato soup and pour half of it on top. It's pretty good, but that sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #219  
waisting away

Another pretty successful day so far. A third of the way through phase 1. I didn't want to exercise today, so instead I just walked home from campus. My estimate is about 1.75 mi down a steep hill and took about 35 min. I'm not sure that counts...

I may have to go back to the store tomorrow or Friday. I hadn't realized how much produce you eat when that is pretty much your whole diet. lol. I am looking forward to being able to add some lean meats back into my diet. I also have noticed my sugar cravings to be going down some. I could still eat some at the drop of a hat, but I am not left thinking about how much I really want to.

PrimeTime- That does sound similar. The great thing about this veggie is you can make it with any flavor you want. This time I had a more italian type flavor and used basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Other times I have added some cooked chicken in it. The best so far has been 'unstuffed' peppers as my dad calls it. Its the same stuff as above with some seasoned lean beef added in and some peppers - my mom like bell so that's what she adds, but I normally do some hot peppers and use a can of spicy tomatoes and a touch of cheese. Fire roasted tomatoes or cream sherry can change the flavor or you can turn it into a thick chili if you add some beans (or not - I don't like beans) and some chili powder. Its a very flexible and yummy recipe.

Last edited by gatorgirl6; 09-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #220  

You can go through a lot of produce with this diet haha! I'm at the store almost every day/2 days. It's crazy!
You seem to be doing great, gatorgirl6! Keep it up!
I stopped drinking my iced coffees every day. I stick to just coffee with milk & splenda. I'll just have my iced ones on Fridays like you mentioned.
Tomorrow is weigh in. I'm REALLY excited about this weigh in. I can't wait to know how much I lost. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and I can almost see me shrinking. It's exciting!
Not tomorrow but next Friday is day one of Phase 3. Can't wait for that!

Have a good day girls! Keep on smashing!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #221  
waisting away

I know a lot of people are not advocates of weighing every day, but I know that it works for me. When I see the number go down I get excited and if it doesn't I just work that much harder. It's crazy but since Monday I have lost 2 lbs! It's only Thursday! I am becoming less tempted to cheat and I look forward to hopping on the scale in the morning. I still don't like my weight, but I see the potential for the future. I know the weight loss will slow down soon, but for now I will ride the wave and keep this up as long as I can.

Well, I have almost gone through my whole fridge worth of veggies - except for my lettuce. For some reason, I feel like I don't want to eat salads. I will just want to put cheese and croutons and salad dressing on it and my other veggies are healthier. Tonight I will have to make a trip to the store to stock up again - all my strawberries, grapes, and raspberries are gone. There is an apple harvest festival this weekend and as it is my first fall in NY I just have to go and see all the goodies. Now, I just have to stay away from any cobbler or pies...
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #222  

Yeah, I used to weigh in everyday during phase 1 but you slow down during phase 2. I was always the same thing every day so I figured I'd weigh in only every Friday. I didn't like it because I really though I would've done better than I did. I know I shouldn't put myself down. 1.6 lbs lost this week. I weighed in at 171.6 this morning. I was expecting more so, I didn't enjoy my weigh loss which I should've. I think I'm going to stick at weighing in every day but just counting the weigh ins on Friday. All I thought about all week was my weigh in on Friday and now that it passed, I'm like at for some reason.

Tomorrow, I'm going into town to buy myself some good shoes for jogging. I'm going to start jogging instead of walking. Next week, whole wheat bread & pasta are coming into my diet and I'm terrified of not losing any weight on that stage. I know I should't worry. Even on that phase, I'm eating less than I was before starting this diet so I should continue losing but I'm still scared.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #223  

That was my problem with the regular fat smash I only lost 1lb per week I didn't like it. But at least it's something. Stay Positive!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #224  

Yeah, I'm still positive I'm good because I'm not starving or anything. The only things that are tough are if other people are eating foods I shouldn't and it's something I enjoy eating. After they finish though, I'm really happy with myself for staying strong. I stopped my iced coffees this week. Had one today though since Fridays are when I allow myself to have one. I ordered the Extreme Fat Smash book today from Amazon. I should be getting it between October 13-20. I was always curious as to what was so different between the two. I may also buy the 4 day one just to see what it is.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #225  

Weighed in this morning at 170.4 I knew I had lost more than 1.6 lbs! Oh well, I'm still going to put the weight from yesterday. But I'm happier now hehe!